PDA

View Full Version : Promotions and Base Power

Zab
February 12th, 2013, 12:32
In one of the poll threads, that is now closed, I advocated for a slight change in the structure of promotions and base power. I am here to advocate for this again.

If I am wrong here, please, Alex and/or Otherwind, please let me know.

Under current playing conditions, if we were the point of ambushes, I could potentially take all the followers under me out of my squad and find myself sitting under tavern in a place with parties which total 81 levels or higher (I am currently 80 levels without squad). This means I could attack a arty full of Power 2, about Level 20 players, right?

Now I have not spent a lot of time working out calculations--we are not at ambushes yet and I am sure the actual calculations are changing daily as you work to bring us the full game, but somehow to me, this seems incredibly unfair. How hard would it be for this small team to actually attack me and cause damage? Wouldn't they pretty much have to rely on their skill set to combat me in some way? Their skill set that really sucks because they are only generating 2 skill points an hour?

I suggest you think about giving automatic promotions with the base power attached at the appropriate levels, so that lower powered players at least have the chance to have some sort of ability to stop much larger players from... basically wrecking them every time.

Zab
February 13th, 2013, 14:08
Okay, I want to add a few more thoughts on to why I think this is a good idea now that I have thought about it even further.

a) Giving the base power will possibly slow down the creation of clones. People may still clone, but probably just to ensure their squad is full. Not adding more and more clones so their squad members can promote too.

b) A lot of communication we get from you is that you very much want the players of the game to constantly be moving around and getting underneath the best masters for them. If promotions were automatic and people were automatically removed from their master's squad and army upon these promotions, more and more people would have to go looking for new masters. Therefore, possibly creating a bit more competition for Guild Master in each of the guilds.

Also, maybe it might be a good idea to allow parties only the ability to attack other parties and individual players only the ability to attack other individual players.

Kurilia
February 17th, 2013, 12:05
If promotions were automatic and people were automatically removed from their master's squad and army upon these promotions, more and more people would have to go looking for new masters. Therefore, possibly creating a bit more competition for Guild Master in each of the guilds.

If this point suggesting by Zab will be implanted, also avoid grudges against players who have left their master in order to promote, thus avoiding the "bad press" that the left master, can make to the player
Also you can avoid pages and pages, in all guilds, of players with level 1 who never promote