PDA

View Full Version : Time to load battle screen

Kurilia
February 25th, 2013, 12:36
For a couple of days, it takes a long time to load the battle screen, and when is load, at last, the remaining time that I see is out of sync with the actual battle. Some turns in which I can not do anything for this problem.
I tried it in Chrome and Firefox, is worse in Firefox

xBradenH
February 26th, 2013, 00:10
im having this trouble too. only use firefox though, havent tried other browsers.

Brother Cadfael
February 27th, 2013, 18:07
I've seen this in Chrome, Firefox and IE. When it is lagging like this I find that if you don't get your action submitted with at least 10 or sometimes 15 seconds left on the countdown timer, you will get the 'submitted data not valid for this round' kind of error and make a default attack. This is definitely annoying if I need to heal someone and they end up dying because I was unable to get my action in on time.

Rambo Leblic
February 28th, 2013, 18:42
The system tried to return the result of turn 1, six times, when it was finally returned to me, the battle was on turn 5 and I was dead!

Zab
March 1st, 2013, 00:32
The lag can be frustrating. In another game that I used to play, they cut down a lot of news feed stuff because it was taking up too much space. Is this happening here? My news feed has over 1000 pages now of stuff I never really need to go back and look at. Not to mention the party's news feed, saying basically the same thing as my profile's. Maybe you could set up an auto-erase after 7 days or something, if this is contributing to the problem? We will not be able to give you accurate reports and thoughts on combat, if the lag is stopping us from doing it.

Alex
March 1st, 2013, 04:08
Don't worry, we have a mantaninance module which will delete "history" not only from the logs, but also of lots of other history tables. We have not still activated it, because it's not still needed. With the current amount of players, that space, is really trivial, as well as the resources to process the data. We are designing a system able to support thousands of daily players, so the current load from logs and other history is still really tiny for the system.

No, the issues in the combat which are being reported are not due to any lag. They are just problems with the synchronization with the servers, and we are aware of who annoying it is, of course it's not planned to live with it! We are not wasting resources to to fix it just because we was already working on a new way of syncing with the server. I'm not sure if I already mentinoned that all those reloads on party and combat will go away so the user experience will be much softer when questing.

We are also reviewing the conectivity of the servers, since we detected sometimes overall delays loading any screen and that will affect negatively to the sync in combat. This is not a problem of our load or resources, and we are looking if it's a connectivity issue with the server's hosting.

Alex
March 1st, 2013, 11:43
Well finally I had been working last hours to fasten the screen loads so the overall lag won't make worse the combat synchronization. It should be smoother now and I hope battles works better now ;)

Alex
March 3rd, 2013, 16:00
How are you noticing the reported lag? did you noticed any improvement? are the combats still being so out of sync?

It may take still a while until we improve the sync module, and we hope you may play combats properly with the eventual improvements on the slow load of the screens which will aggravate the issue with the combat syncing.

xBradenH
March 3rd, 2013, 23:44
The combat has improved for me. But it still lags (out of sync) here and there.

Alex
March 4th, 2013, 04:36
The combat has improved for me. But it still lags (out of sync) here and there.

Thanks. When you say here and there, you mean random pages? only in combat but randomly in the time? Also it could help a lot if you describe the lag or lack of sync that you are experienced. Game is working fine for us, so any clue will help to address any issue you could be experienced. Thank you in advance.

Also new feedback from other players who reported lag will help.

xBradenH
March 4th, 2013, 07:14
There are times where my party first reaches a quest and the game seems to go into a loop. My browser will say that it needs to "resend information" if I want to continue, and the battle doesnt start for me unless I refresh to the GM home page then click the fight button. I also experience issues between turns of combat-- not all the time, but enough to annoy me when I'm trying to use a skill. The next turn will not appear until 15 seconds are left, which is frustrating because the skill wont take after the 10 second mark often times.

These issues I discussed were quite prevalent about a week ago, but it has gotten better; it is only from time to time now.

Zab
March 4th, 2013, 14:29
Alex, I feel everything was going much better with the battle screen loading, I was even able to get some attacks in at the 2 second mark. However, today is terrible. The battle screen is constantly refreshing or not fully loading until the timer has run out. Many white pages. And also I will get even on round 2 or 3, the screen going back to the initializing attack. I have cleared cache on all home computers, so this is not the problem and it is occurring on each one.
I notice my teammates are in the game at same time as me. Could there be a problem when too many teammates are trying to preform actions at the same time?

Kurilia
March 5th, 2013, 05:35
I agree with Zab. I have the same problems with loading of battle screen, but is not for the syncronicity, it's like the screen not completely loaded during a few seconds (too much seconds)

Kurilia
March 5th, 2013, 05:41
The return of the turns in the battles become very heavy, attempts to return the result several times (I counted 12 times), but when it finally returns, the time is correctly synchronized, but the screen is not correctly loaded and only you lets use the attack and defense skills during some seconds. It is exasperating