PDA

View Full Version : More about Priest

Kurilia
February 25th, 2013, 13:15
I do not know exactly when it has been changed, but since a few days, when I die in battle, I get a lot less XP than I survive. This situation does not seem fair. Frontline players have a much greater chance of dying than second line. In my case, my party is launching quest for almost 24 hours a day, I have to be connected as many hours as possible in order to heal and get my xp in the next quest. A magician can be weeks logout and always get your xp, a priest who is not connected for more than two hours, stop getting xp. As a consequence my growth is much slower than the rest of the guilds. I spend gold for heal me, too much energy (and diamonds) for heal my partners and If I die, I have not enough XP.
The priest should have an advantage in this game, if not, soon there will be no priest ':[

Brother Cadfael
February 27th, 2013, 18:20
I know that this is by design because a few months ago when they made the change from getting no experience when you died they said that this is how they would implement it.
But I also think that the logic is flawed here. If the party wins then I think that everybody in the party should get their share of the experience. As it is now, if you die then you are being penalized twice, you spend gold to heal and you don't get your full experience. Theoretically if you have a party of 2 players against 10 bad guys and 1 player kills 9 of the bad guys and then he gets killed and the other player takes 30 rounds to finish off the last bad guy, the first player will only get 25% of his experience even though he did 90% of the work. I know this is an extreme example and unlikely to occur but it illustrates the point that dying in the battle does not mean that you didn't make as much of a contribution to the outcome as the other players that survived.

Zab
March 1st, 2013, 12:49
But in the same breath, it is up to you to build a character that is strong enough to handle most battles. Which I understand could be hard for priests before the updates. But now you have the skills to heal yourself in battle and very high defensive gear. But perhaps something like a final blow bonus for the character who actually kills the monster or player would be cool.

Alex
March 1st, 2013, 15:39
I think that everybody understand you won't earn xp from battles when you are dead. I never played a game where you are getting xp being dead –and I played a lot,– and I see no sense on learning while you are dead. So we give experience of what you are experienced being live.

Theoretically if you have a party of 2 players against 10 bad guys and 1 player kills 9 of the bad guys and then he gets killed and the other player takes 30 rounds to finish off the last bad guy, the first player will only get 25% of his experience even though he did 90% of the work.
Right, this is a nice example of something that could be really unfair. But I think we will never reach the total fairness on this sense.
I think we should not give XP based on kills. Our game is a cooperative game. Maybe your player 1 killed 9 opponents because the player 2 was healing him spending energy, or defending him all the time, or receiving blows. If player 1 is a wizard casting spells on monsters, and player 2 is a priest, receiving blows, healing, defendging, standing out to let the wizard to kill the monsters... is it fair if player 1 get the whole XP? No, I think that we cannot give XP based on kills in our game, and I think that the XP based on turns played is the less-unfair way. I think that loosing the % only from the turns you are already dead is not so bad thing.