PDA

View Full Version : Changing Guilds and Resetting Points

Zab
March 3rd, 2013, 01:45
I really like the idea of Change of Guilds. However, I do think the cost may be a little high, especially if you are still not planning to give out a daily bonus of diamonds. The cost may prevent a lot of players who want to from the ability to do so. If you do not want to lower the cost, maybe you could add a gold price too.

Also, I would ask if you think it is a good idea that you lower the price to stay in the same guild and reset your points? I think to around 10 diamonds. Here's why: I think it would add a new dynamic to your game. As I was researching the game this game is based on, I read a sentence that went something like this: Sometimes you may want to sacrifice defense for attack, or vice versa. The ability to cheaply reset your stat points will allow players to design themselves in different ways if they want to go to war with particular targets. It will allow for players to design themselves for lone play and party play, particularly if they are the kind of player who likes to pop in and out of both (as I think you will find fighters may do a lot....). What do you think?

(I would also make stat points reset and skill points reset separate costs, if one wishes to stay in their guild)

Alex
March 3rd, 2013, 05:22
...I was researching the game this game is based on...

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you or you are totally wrong. This game is not based on any other game.

xBradenH
March 3rd, 2013, 08:15
Whether the english was correct or not, I feel that her suggestion is legitimate and should be taken into consideration. Especially separating Skill point reset from stat point. When I reset, It took forever to reassign all of those skill points. If you did not want to separate the stat and skill reset, maybe you could add a "upgrade to level __" option for each skill. that way, the player doesnt have to click the upgrade level by level.

Alex
March 3rd, 2013, 08:20
Of course, though we don't reply to suggestions, all them are being taken into consideration, don't worry.

My reply had nothing to do with the suggestion, just clarifying a wrong affirmation which could lead to confussion for any reader.

Zab
March 3rd, 2013, 10:19
I meant that you model yourself after Dungeons and Dragons. I do believe I have read somewhere that you take concepts from that.......

Alex
March 3rd, 2013, 11:01
I'm sorry about the confussion. Maybe you read that we inspired on classic tabletop RPGs, and maybe D&D could be mentioned just as an instance of tabetop RPG (as well as Middle Earth or Runequest which are classic RPGs with totally different game systems), but we didn't model on any game in particular, and our game is not based on any other game.

In fact our game system didn't share nothing with D&D (D20 hit rolls, Armor Class, damage depending on weapons, different attributes...), but are other features which inspired us: multiplayer turn-based combat, character development, quests, treasures, spells... all generic features that we reached with a different and genuine game-system.

Again, I'm sorry if I didn't express myself right in the past and I could take you to confussion, and I thank you the opportunity to clarify this fact.

Alex
March 3rd, 2013, 11:10
About the main matter, D&D didn't let you to reset your character, they uses multiclasses and dual-classes instead. However we offered it as a chance for new players to try different guilds before developing their characters (it's free up to level 10), and also for players who build their characters in a wrong way and want to restart, for a price. This price is not intended to make money, but to avoid abusing of this feature.

Anyway you make be sure that we are hearing your suggestions, as well as xBradenH's. We won't be replying to every report and suggestion, but we are still hearing them and being grateful for them!

Zab
March 3rd, 2013, 11:24
I do not know about resetting characters in any classic rpg, if you can or can't... but I did read the sentence about sacrificing def for attack, attack for def in certain circumstances. Personally, I think it would be a nice option and do not suggest you lower the cost based on how much money you will or will not make (to be honest, I think lowering the cost might make you more money, but that is neither here nor there). However, you mention the price is set to stop people from abusing feature. I think that, especially if you are a lower powered player, the ability to slip in and out of guilds may make the game a bit more exciting, especially as level growth can be much slower for this particular group of players. Can you give me some examples of how a player might abuse this feature?

Alfgut
March 3rd, 2013, 11:47
I read in other post that when you use the defend action, your att is added to your def. So when you defend, you are already sacrifying att for def

Alfgut
March 3rd, 2013, 12:05
Devs told on their video that they have been playing rpgs since chillhood, games as dungeon and dragons, runequest...so they missed a true rpg on facebook, but they was not still talking about guild masters and they didn't mentioned anything relationing guild masters with dundeon and dragons. I didn't read the whole forum though, but making a search on the forum I cannot find any results for dungeons

Zab
March 3rd, 2013, 12:27
Ok, I feel like I read something like that then somewhere on the forum.

And perhaps you do read the sentence I offered up differently than I do... I am not a player of tabletop rpg games, so I am not always familiar with how they work and wording. I'm still learning, but I do know if it is enjoyable to play a game or not and so do other players and so every idea I think of or that others think of are to make the game better. Because I mainly am concerned with lower powered players and the obstacles they face advancing in this game, most of my ideas have to do with them in mind. When I read the sentence about sacrificing att for def, I thought of cheapening the cost to reset within your own guild because I think this would solve some of the problems that were mentioned in the combat thread, where certain guilds (particularly the priests) feel like they are not defensive enough, etc. I also stand by my statement that it would make the game more dynamic as well as give players a chance to 'use their brains' a bit by allowing them to revamp themselves somewhat to face certain other players and maybe have a better chance to get a win after taking 40 beatdowns....I think it would also help if a party finds itself lacking somewhere, someone or all can add a bit more of whatever to their overall total scores. Alex says there will be abuses in this. I am not sure how, but perhaps instead of being able to reset at will, it could be done only once every 7 or 14 days.

I simply feel like there is a problem in this game when we see the rankings and they are filled with a lot lower powered players quitting between levels 12 and 17. I do not think simply adding ambushes (especially if the fighter's guild is kicking the crap out of everyone else) will solve the problem of people feeling like they are not progressing enough. I feel like there has to be more dynamics added to the game that makes it more enjoyable and interesting for this set of players, especially when I have a feeling, they will be the vast majority of player.

Maybe instead of full reset, it could be partial reset... or even something like this: for every 100 points of reset, the cost of 10 diamonds, a 200 point reset would equal 20 diamonds....