PDA

View Full Version : Increase the range o quest

Orik
May 15th, 2013, 08:29
I'm actually doing the last quest/hard difficulty on my list solo and I loose almost no healt.
I wish the range of quest we could do could expend. Maybe Upon success? It's just an idea,
I probably got the strongest stat for my level although, so maybe the quest is ajusted for the average player.
Let me know if anything related to this is announced or planned, thanks

Zab
May 15th, 2013, 10:40
Me too. In fact, when I am partying with just one other and they die, I can still do a lot of the quests on my own anyway. Like Orik, I too probably have stats that are on the higher end of the scout spectrum, but even still I think it would be cool if one or two quests beyond your total levels were open for attempts.

Alex
May 15th, 2013, 13:11
If I understood well, when you do your top quest at hard playing solo, it's too easy, and when you play in a balanced party, the party's top quest at hard is very hard. Is it right?

Thank you

Alex
May 15th, 2013, 13:18
When you play solo, do you find harder quests where you fight a boss or quests where you fight a group of monsters?

We will consider your suggestion, but first we must to adjust the quests difficulty. Then we may look for a way to extend available quests over your size.

Zab
May 15th, 2013, 15:31
Alex, absolutely. When I was last in my usual party, we did not come anywhere close to beating our highest quest on Hard, as well as a few others. Honestly, with my typical party, I think Ruins of a Tyrant (especially on Hard) is far too hard at where it is placed in the quest lineup. But when I party small, say with one of my followers or even the person I am partying with now, who is over 100 levels lower than me, we can beat the hardest quests too. However, when one is playing alone, there are so few quests to do, I am not sure if making the hard quests available more difficult is the answer... at least not until xp ratings are fixed, if you plan on doing that still. Please fix that before I cry. :)¡ And also, like Orik, I wonder if the average player would have to gain themselves a few more levels to be able to do some of the quests him and I can.

My perception about the toughness of quests: There are some tough groups of monsters. Right now, if I do not use my skills, there are some groups that can take me out, on the Hard quests available to me. If I use my skills, I almost always win. However, with single monsters, both solo and with a party, the chances of winning are a lot smaller, whether using skills or not. My perception is that single monsters on Hard are maybe too hard for both parties and single players. By the time a player or group can do some of these quests on Hard, they are getting much higher xp from other quests. However, I do not know if this is a good idea or not to change anything yet. I guess maybe that ultimately depends on how tough you want solo players to be once ambushes come, if Hard monsters somewhat mirror Hard real players.

Orik
May 15th, 2013, 19:15
What I believe is any game require some challenge. I agree with what Zab wrote but I would add Challenge is a ''MUST'' in any game, I can do my hardest quest on hard difficulty without loosing healt and above that withOUT using skills.

Zab
May 15th, 2013, 20:58
But I wonder, Orik, if the current setup is a challenge for people who have not used/paid for diamonds or do so less often (then say myself). At my current total levels, I cannot just let some Hard quests go on auto-pilot. I think that is good, considering my stats, my squad, my skill levels and the fact I have some pretty big physical damage numbers added to every attack, that I still cannot complete some hard quests without the help of others or my skills. I am not sure of your current total levels, but I am certain you will be walking into harder ground soon. Personally, I think the real 'hardest' challenge should be beating other players....

Orik
May 16th, 2013, 10:24
Agreed, the pvp should be introduced before any change :)¡

Alex
May 16th, 2013, 18:51
Of course, we will follow our ROADMAP: www.otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?1014-Tuning-ROADMAP-for-Balance

At this time we are working all the time on fixing tons of minor bugs on the player and monster skills, to get them totally clean and tested, and activating the monster skills that we had not activated yet (we will list the skills a monstar have on its description) as well as some rough adjustements on all them, and we well activate ambushes as soon as we can indeed.

Vic Low
July 9th, 2015, 22:46
Actually, I was wondering if you could simply increase the amount of available quests. As it is, there are large gaps in difficulties between one and the other. Couldn't there simply be side-campaigns, series of quests linked to each other in a story? More quests, more variety, cooldown times probably won't be such a big issue. Heck maybe even make for one-time quests (or quests that require the previous quest completed first, and then can only be played once unless you reset the entire campaign, resets limited to once a day, etc)
If bots are a concern, rather than punishing sincere players with longer cooldown times (poor Raistlin's looking at hours CD now and I'm wondering if it's even worth playing on and leveling up to face that kind of future...), why not improve the quests system to make it rewarding enough to make it more enjoyable to play than bot?

Vic Low
July 22nd, 2015, 01:39
I've had it with timers. They force me to keep an eye on the game and do nothing but wait or risk getting killed if I do something else while waiting. That's on top of the cooldown timers after a quest. It's been a week and there's been absolutely no replies to my post above, not even whether or not such things can be considered. As it is there's just too much waiting in this game, and not just waiting while I can go do other stuff, but waiting that forces me to keep an eye on minutes of 'journeying'.

It was fun in the lower levels while it lasted, but at this point the waiting is just too much.
...I'm out.

Woodlark
July 22nd, 2015, 12:21
While I am not high enough to deal with extremely long going-to quest timers yet, I MUST point out that the original intent of this thread, a request for more quests or quest types, really has not been addressed yet, and is not even listed on your roadmap.

My main issue here is the 'respawning time' which was formerly an 'exp reduction'. It seem this is implemented to combat people repeating the same quest. This is absolutely ridiculous given how few quests we have to complete, and the fact that questing is our only way to earn exp. By nature of the game we must spammily complete quests to get anywhere. If you were looking to combat bots with this feature, you are also punishing players. Increasing the number, and types of quests would better combat this. You only have group of monster and single monster quests. They are so disjointed and unconnected for the most part I quickly lost any feeling of connection to the game world. Any connection I had to feel like I was in a game world (which I feel is required for an rpg) is lost because of how many times I must mindlessly complete the same quest.

The quest system needs improvements, but more than the balancing issues that are listed, variety is a bigger issue. If the long timers for higher levels are to represent them going on great epic quests someone submitted to the guild, truly simulate that journey by making each one a little different with some variety.

Another option may be implementing something like world monsters, or world bosses, available at certain levels that anyone in that level range can attack. You could earn exp or rewards based on how much damage you did. This would give us something other than questing to do. Questing is fine I just find it hard to call this a true RPG when I can't go out with NO QUESTS and just kill monsters somewhere. Instead I have to keep repeating the same quests that were fun and engagingly written the first couple of times, but I now feel like a bot having to spam just to get the exp to level.

Zab
July 22nd, 2015, 13:05
I do not personally have an issue with the respawning times, but I am of much bigger size and rarely run into an issue of not having quests to do. Also, I tend to climb (joining small parties where others join as the day goes on). However, this is an issue for players who are of smaller size, as I thought it would eventually be. Alex, I think respawn timers need to be based on a players size, not how often they are doing the quest. Having players sitting around with nothing to do does not endear them to continue playing.

Zab
July 22nd, 2015, 13:06
Also, the rewards (xp) needs to be greater for ambush...that may make more attempt it, as something to do while waiting on the timers...