PDA

View Full Version : Mount question

Orik
May 22nd, 2013, 21:38
I was reading more carefully the Mount section and I think I had it all wrong, seem that I can equip up to 5x mount, but the one that is ''trully'' equipped is the one giving the velocity?
Is that right?
Also is the +% mount bonus applicable?

Anyone knew this? If you read add a comment if you knew or not, thanks

Zab
May 23rd, 2013, 00:57
Thanks for directing me to your post, Orik.

I think what you are saying is this: Under your character sheet, there are 5 places for mounts. You believed as you collected mounts, the velocity of each would be added together to create your speed. Is this right?

Your velocity is based on only the mount you have equipped + your pathfinding skill + possible equipment you might be wearing. There are two types of equipment you can wear that will help your mount, and by extension you. One type of equipment adds a mount bonus. This will increase your mount's attributes, his defense, attack, etc. The other type of equipment you can wear adds a speed bonus, which will increase your velocity by the percentage given.

I hope I have answered your question, and if I have not, please elaborate more, so that Alex may :)

Orik
May 24th, 2013, 10:05
You have it the wrong way, i meant adding mount in the free slots would add up all stat but NOT velocity, if you read carefully in the character sheet ( mouse over mount ). It might be unclear but it says ''trained mount also help you during combat'' and ''selected mount determines your velocity'' maybe they meant equiped one.

Zab
May 24th, 2013, 10:19
I see what you are saying! It says, "Trained mounts also help you during combat, so they may increase your attributes." That is a confusing statement because any mount you own should be trained, but the way the sentence is structured, I can see why you may think that the attributes from all your mounts would help you out during battle. And of course, all the mounts presently available help out your attributes in some way, so the last part of the sentence that says 'may help' is not accurate.

Alex, I find the sentence confusing, especially for those not native to the English language. May I recommend that the sentence be changed to something like, "The mount you choose to equip for combat will help raise some or all of your attributes and depending on the mount you choose, raise your velocity. "

Orik
May 24th, 2013, 10:39
Bulleye! THanks zab :)

Alex
May 24th, 2013, 14:16
Thank you guys, I will fix the text asap!

Just to clarify, let's say that you have 5 "parking spaces", that is, you have space in the guild's stables for 5 mounts, but you can mount only one to go out on adventure, and so, only one will enhance your stats. Also you may see on the table over the mounts, the bonuses given from the selected mount.

Orik
May 24th, 2013, 21:11
Thanks for clarifying this Alex, when I was reading the text it was like if you were mounting one of the five but the 4 other were pet fighting for you :P

Alex
May 25th, 2013, 06:17
Yes, I got it. I changed text for this one. It will have available on next update on monday I think:

MOUNTS:

These are the mounts that you own. Your selected mount determines your traveling velocity. When you select a mount to ride in your adventures, your selected mount will help you during combat, raising some or all of your attributes.

Some items and skills can improve your mount control enhancing these bonuses. There are also other items that increase your inherent speed magically, and the scout skills pathfinding increase your traveling velocity.

You have space for five mounts in the Guild's stables and you cannot own more than five mounts at time. Click on any mount to display the mount information and the options available for the mount.

Maybe I made some grammar mistake, this has not been reviewed by our writter.

Zab
May 25th, 2013, 10:36
"...and the scout's skill pathfinding WILL increase..."

That's all I see, Alex.