PDA

View Full Version : Update 1.01.047

Guild Masters
May 31st, 2013, 13:38
This update have been deployed on Friday, May 31st (http://otherwind.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=33&day=2013-5-31&c=1):

Release Notes

Fixed and reviewed all player's skills. Please report any bug you find now. They will be balanced after ambushes.

Fixed and reviewed all monster's skills for quests up to min. size 250.

Added maintenance scripts and automatic data-base clean-up for profile and parties logs to keep good performance even with massive players after the game launching.

Change on calculation for party's current size facing to incoming ambushes.

Several minor bugs fixed.

New Items images: Coat of Plates, Elven Tunic, Gnome Robes, Warlock's Tunic.

Rastlin
May 31st, 2013, 14:30
Can't start any quest after patch.

Zab
May 31st, 2013, 17:56

Could you explain this better. I have not noticed any visible changes.

Guild Masters
May 31st, 2013, 18:49
Can't start any quest after patch.
We forgot to remove part of the code that is made for the next update next week: you won't be able to start adventures while any party member has less than 50% health, but you will be able to heal your party members up to that minmum 50% health. Just removed, all must go fine now.

Could you explain this better. I have not noticed any visible changes.

Your current size (the size others see for your party) was being weighting from zero to your max size depending to your party's general health. Now the size is being weighted from 50% to 100% instead 0% to 100%. This is, when your party has 0% health, your party's current size is now 50% of your max. size, not 0. This will reduce abuse of high players raiding low players.

Also, when your health goes below 50% (from now: wounded parties):
- You won't be able to launch quests or ambushes (but you will be able to heal your party up to 50%)
- If you are on adventure and your party's get's wounded (health goes below 50%), you will get on "concealment mode"; they cannot be ambushed but speed is halved.
This 50% threshold may be adjusted when we see effect on ambushes. With this threshold, then a party's area which use their health to "surf" and attack smaller partiies, is between 75% and 100% of their max. size. Dropping and adding followers on their squads, they may increase the range of the "surf bracket".

Hope you enjoy this advance about ambushes incoming very, very soon!

Zab
June 1st, 2013, 00:13
:)¡ That sounds awesome! Thank you for all the helpful hints too.

Rastlin
June 1st, 2013, 08:05
been getting several Failed, incomplete quest since the last update.

Zab
June 2nd, 2013, 14:03
A lot of people are losing their energy, as well as their vitality, when they die in combat. Is this intentional?

Alex
June 3rd, 2013, 10:52
been getting several Failed, incomplete quest since the last update.

I just added a remained part of the update. Please try again and let me know.

A lot of people are losing their energy, as well as their vitality, when they die in combat. Is this intentional?

Yes, it's intentional. When you die, you lose your energy. For that reason we gave one daily free energy replenishment (when you come to play and your party companions got you killed, you may heal and replenish for free), and it's an incentive of keeping yourself alive. Both features come together though we uploaded one before the other. If finally we remove the energy lose at dying, we will also remove the extra daily healing and replenishment. However I think both will remain.

Zab
June 3rd, 2013, 11:37
Alex, that really hurts the front line and forces them to be on the game a lot more than the scouts and wizards. Especially with priests, who tend to die a lot more than everyone else, a lot of times in one hit. There can't be an incentive to stay alive when one gets nailed far more than the other players like this.
Although I really like some of the ideas coming up for ambushes, I do find a change like that may further take the game from a social, team game to a solitary game because of the pressure to always be logged in for certain guilds.

Kurilia
June 3rd, 2013, 11:57
For the priest's too bad, because we are always dead. If you lose a bit of a quest, because someone calls you or you have to do something, you're already dead. The vitality can regenerate with gold, but the energy can only be regenerated with diamonds. A priest out of energy is useless, is our most prized weapon and does not seem right that it depends of our vitality when we are in the front line and received all shots. We can regenerate free once a day, I wish they kill me once a day only!':[

Kurilia
June 3rd, 2013, 12:01
If this is going to work so, when I revive an ally, besides restoring vitality, I will also re-energize him?, Would right not?
If you die you lose your energy, if you resurrect, you regain your energy

Kurilia
June 3rd, 2013, 12:14
In addition, for second-line players will also be bad. There are many quests where monsters attack more to the second row than the first. These players usually have less vitality than first-line and have no ability to heal themselves (except potions), so that if the priest of his party is not connected for heal them, they will have a problem

Zab
June 3rd, 2013, 12:17
I agree with Kurilia. It forces, especially the priest guild, to spend a lot more REAL money to be active and dependable players for their party. Maybe instead of losing the energy, you could give us the choice: either a free heal for vit or a free heal for energy. Although, I would not mind you taking both away (as long as we kept energy upon dying), if say some loot drops were occasionally a free heal or energy recharge that we could keep in our backpack for use (or to sell).
I just feel this change is unfair for the front line.

Also, when the game goes live, would it be possible for us to have a box where, instead of always having to heal fully, we could choose how much gold we want to put towards our vitality?

Alex
June 3rd, 2013, 17:21
Thank you we will take your comments in mind when we valorate all these concepts.

Rastlin
June 4th, 2013, 08:47
Energy lose on death has killed the game for our party. Clerics with no energy just plan sucks. This needs to be changed and fast.

Zab
June 4th, 2013, 14:44
I would like to add a few more thoughts to this discussion of energy loss upon death. I understand the concept behind it, when you're dead, you're dead. HOWEVER, energy is something players earn. They make their energy by waiting. They put in the time, so to speak. It's sitting in the bank. To take it away is a pretty harsh punishment.

Also, I wonder how this will effect new players.. They have low energy. They die a lot more often as they learn the game. They will not have as many chances to use and to get to know their skills. Again, with the new energy loss, this especially becomes terrible for the guild of priests and especially if they are playing alone. Already, growth is very much slower for a priest. I have noticed in early stages of the game, a priest takes several more minutes to accomplish quests than the other guilds and I have watched my teammate spend an average of ten more minutes in a quest by herself than I do. If you take are taking away energy, they lose the chance to do some of those Hard quests daily, and will further lag behind in levels.

Chris Hadley
June 4th, 2013, 20:23
If you are going to take away our energy on death, at least lets us buy it back with gold.

Alex
June 4th, 2013, 20:43
Ok I will discuss this further with my mates.

This come together with the daily energy replenishment which was made to compensate this. If we remove this we would remove also the energy replenishment -but not the healing. Would you rather this? We are few in the forum to make a significative poll, but we will still hear what you have to say.

Zab
June 4th, 2013, 23:14
Thank you for your considerations in this matter.

It would not bother me to not receive a free energy refill every day (even if I do like my idea better about having a choice between the vitality or energy replenish or having refills drop occasionally as loot ]:)[ ). In all honesty, I waste a lot of my energy daily to bring myself closer to achievements. I do anticipate that would change once ambushes are implemented though. However, when it comes right down to it, this change effects me very little, but for guilds that rely on their energy to be vital members of the game (priests, wizards), it hurts. So I hope something can be worked out :)

Thanks again, Alex, for taking the time to discuss this with us. You rock :)¡

Kurilia
June 5th, 2013, 14:17
If I can choose from restore vitality or energy, I prefer energy. I do not care to have a free replacement or health or energy, but it is important to me lose both when I die because I was blocked.
If I have to lose both when I die, I prefer the replenish of energy free ]:)[

Sky Richard
June 5th, 2013, 17:47
Thanks for all the great interest on this subject ~ All these considerations made are worthy ~ I do not mind replacing the free Vitality & Energy with a gold for Energy option ~ I would prefer that to potions ~ I also am within the Priests guild and further validate that we are most often first to be exhausted on the front line even though I place all available skill points towards my defense ~ During most of my questing I was required to heal from zero vitals once returning to town ~ Mass Heal is the nearly unique contribution I make to strengthening my companions when engaged online ~ Specialized armor for the priests guild in consideration could also be appreciated ~ :star:

Zab
June 5th, 2013, 23:22
I'm not sure if gold for energy is the way to go. We already have that for vitality and most games do not refill your energy so cheaply. However, I still think it is not a good idea for a player to lose energy if they die. As Sky has pointed out, many quests he has to heal from 0, despite putting most of his allotments into his defense.

Alex, you have said, if players are to keep their energy, instead of losing it when they die, you would take away the one free energy refill a day. I proposed maybe letting us choose which one we wanted to refill daily, but when it comes right down to it, I think the priests and the wizards are the guilds deserving of that free energy refill daily. What if they got that and scouts and fighters were given the free vitality heal daily? You could add this in the descriptions at the start of the game.

(Also, mentioning the start of the game, one is asked to make a name up before they choose (or get any information) about the guilds. Maybe that could be reversed? You choose your guild and then your name? )

carlosmt
June 6th, 2013, 14:37
Yes, I like the idea... "special armor for the priests" and why not... other holy items. Maybe in future updates with special items.

Rastlin
June 8th, 2013, 21:36
The risk is to great for the reward when you take energy from dead players. If I try a new quest and kill the whole party that finishes the play for everyone for that day. That makes me feel like crap.

Alex
June 9th, 2013, 19:04
We have been discussing again about it. Though it is not the most "reallistic" we finally will save player's energy upon death for the sake of playability (for the incoming new update). However, we will remove the free energy replenishment, though it will be still active during the testing for ambushes. And when we review the loot generation, maybe you will find a new surprise about this matter, but we will never offer energy for gold.

Rastlin
June 12th, 2013, 08:44
From a level 22 creature! Skill Level 255, really?

Traitorous Archer II fired an Aimed Shot (SL 255) at Rastlin (ATT +2550) : hit
Damage dealt to Rastlin : 351 ( 401 -50 ) Physical HP

Alex
June 13th, 2013, 15:42
What? really? Skill level from any skill cannot surpass the own experience level, it's a bug. You see it often or only this time?

Rastlin
June 14th, 2013, 10:39
I dont run the quest often. Was doing some solo stuff for a day maybe ran it 3 times and only saw it once when I was paying attention.

Lubos Comor
June 22nd, 2013, 16:38
So, you took the option to refill energy for free once per a day. Thank you for killing the fun of game for my priest and my rogue. Both are heavily based on energy and without one free refill per day I can play 1-2quests per day or buy ton of diamonds.

Alex
June 24th, 2013, 07:36
I'm sorry but other players asked for removing the pack "lose energy upon death"+"free daily replenishment" and after discussing it with my team we decided to remove realism for the sake of playability –or at least, most players playability.