PDA

View Full Version : Die and Pathfinding in Scouts

Kurilia
June 12th, 2013, 20:28
When a Priest dies, the party loses all Bonuses that the Priest providing to all players. Right.
When a Scout dies, the party loses the ability to Pathfinding in the return to town, (obviously, he and his mount are dead :() and, after a few minutes when the Scout has regained some of its vitality, the overall speed of the game is lower than normal (the scout's mount are walking with two legs only:'().
The total pathfinding is not restored until the Scout comes ... 100% of his vitality?... 50%?.
I mean if when a Priest loses vitality, not lower DR providing with his skills to the whole party, why slows the party when a Scout does not have all his vitality? :>>

Zab
June 13th, 2013, 00:04
That's actually a very good question....
I have never thought of it in this manner until now. Shouldn't all guilds then have a reduction in their skills that effect the whole party when they are under 50% then? It is kind of unfair to only pick on one guild....:'(

Kurilia
June 13th, 2013, 05:52
My intention was that it removed at scout, not that put it at the priest XD

Alex
June 13th, 2013, 16:49
Well I think you are confused in somehow. Actually, the pathfinding bonus (and any other skill bonus) is not being decreased with the scout's health. Skills provide always full effect (or no effect if you are dead).

Alex
June 13th, 2013, 17:03
Maybe you are being confused with the 1/2 speed penalty when the party is wounded, but it is something affecting to the whole party, no matter if there are scouts or not. It is counted at a party level and not for any individual.

When the whole party health is below 50%, that is, when current size is below 50% of its total, it is supossed to enter in concealment mode, and there are three effects:

1- Party is concealed and cannot be ambushed. All parties that have previously targeted the party, lose their target and head to town.
2- Speed is halvened because they must travel concealling.
3- Party is forcer to head back to town. If it was travelling toward a quest and it has been ambushed, if they won the fight but they were severely wounded, they abort the quest.

This mode is forced and it is thought to give protection to defeated or severaly wounded parties (with a penalty on returning speed). Also this prevents eventual abussing of larger parties over lower level players as they cannot lower their size below 50% to ambush much lower parties.

Notice that this counts health as global and is a bit different of the fact that of start an adventure, which is a bit more restrictive: if ANY player is below 50%, party cannot start an adventure (quest or ambush). This is the only that counts health at individual level, though if every player is over 50%, also party global heal is over 50% health. Anyway this will be compensated with the option to heal every party member up to this needed 50%.

Kurilia
June 14th, 2013, 07:02
Ok, I understand now, but you says:
"if ANY player is below 50%, party cannot start an adventure (quest or ambush). This is the only that counts health at individual level, though if every player is over 50%, also party global heal is over 50% health."
Actually I'm starting quests with my partners below 50% vitality. Is this still not working?

An you say too:
"Anyway this will be compensated with the option to heal every party member up to this needed 50%."
Where I can heal my party members before start a quest?

It's possible that I don't understand you because my English is a little "Google Traductor", so my appologies :F

Jessica Hadley
June 15th, 2013, 10:35
When will we be able to heal party members to 50%? The concealment speed is very annoying! I understand it won't help on the way back to town, but once in town it would be nice to heal the party and get them moving at full speed again.

Alex
June 15th, 2013, 19:15
Ok, I understand now, but you says:
"if ANY player is below 50%, party cannot start an adventure (quest or ambush). This is the only that counts health at individual level, though if every player is over 50%, also party global heal is over 50% health."
Actually I'm starting quests with my partners below 50% vitality. Is this still not working?

An you say too:
"Anyway this will be compensated with the option to heal every party member up to this needed 50%."
Where I can heal my party members before start a quest?

It's possible that I don't understand you because my English is a little "Google Traductor", so my appologies :F

These changes will come with next update, on monday or twesday, the last update before ambushes come.

When will we be able to heal party members to 50%? The concealment speed is very annoying! I understand it won't help on the way back to town, but once in town it would be nice to heal the party and get them moving at full speed again.

Parties returning back to town in concealment mode (global health below 50%) may not to be ambushed. It's a protection for wounded parties and it will also prevent that very large parties will use this to be "ambushed" by parties much smaller than they. This mode is forced (because the second reason I told) but we will study the possibility of being able to remove this mode set by default. However, it won't be possible by now.

Rastlin
June 18th, 2013, 14:23
This Tuesday or next Tuesday?