PDA

View Full Version : Skill Enhancements

Zab
October 21st, 2013, 12:40
"Every new enhancement or potency level will grant a much higher bonus for the skill. Energy cost is increased as well, but the net rate bonus/cost is better in every new potency. For instance, Aimed Shot II costs double than Aimed Shot I, but the bonus obtained from Aimed Shot II is more than double than from Aimed Shot I. This way you may enhance your skills by using them even if you are not able to upgrade them higher by getting new skill levels with skill points; each new potency will multiply the effect of your current skill levels got so in the practice you will double, triple, etc your current skill levels."

I think this is a great idea for lower powered players to be able to enhance their skills for combat easier, however, I do think there should be an option to use use your skill at its regular upgrade, maybe with a click box to use the enhanced by choice? With the energy costs doubled, this may mean less play, as so far, this does tend to be a favourite part of the game for many.

Alex
October 21st, 2013, 12:50
You may test them now, all is uploaded.

Actually there is no point using a skill with a previous pontence. Cost is double so you use levels at same energy, but using 1 level of Skill II is better than using 2 levels of Skill I (same cost, better benefit). You only lose the chance of use only one SL of Skill I, but when you unblock Skill II, you have such progress in the game that it is not important to you, just using one SL of Skill II has cost low enough.