PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Quests Causing Forced fails [v050]

Alex
October 21st, 2013, 14:16
I will list here bugged quests. Avoid them until I mark them as fixed within next hours.

Edited:
At this moment no quest should fail though these quest are not the final version, but at least you will be able to play.

Tomorrow we will review and upload the problematic part we added last hour and will ask you to test them again.

Thank you for your support!

Zab
October 21st, 2013, 15:21
Magician of the Caves.

Rastlin
October 21st, 2013, 20:11
what doesnt fail would be a shorter list.

Alex
October 22nd, 2013, 03:40
At this moment any quest is failing

Zab
November 8th, 2013, 20:43
Apples:

09/11/2013 2:40:15
https://www.guildmasters.com/App_Themes/GuildMasters/Images/Log/fight.png
The party failed to complete the quest Sweet Talkin? Guy at difficulty hard.

Alex
November 10th, 2013, 09:24
Apples:

09/11/2013 2:40:15
https://www.guildmasters.com/App_Themes/GuildMasters/Images/Log/fight.png
The party failed to complete the quest Sweet Talkin’ Guy at difficulty hard.

It must be failing a skill of the vampires, surely of the Vampire Patriarch. What of his skills you have seen working ok? If you never seen one of his skills, it will be surely failing.

Zab
November 11th, 2013, 12:47
Apples: After doing Sweet Talking Guy quite a few times, at different levels of difficulty, it has not currently ailed again.

Vampire Patriarch successfully used Summon spawns, Blood Drain and Hypnotize.

However, this was noticed on every level of difficulty: Every time LaLa attacked a vampire she received the bonus Holy slayer damage, but Markham never once received this bonus. Markham has extra magical damage on her weapon, while LaLa does not have any form of extra damage.

Alex
November 11th, 2013, 19:48
Only weapons with the Sacred tab in their descriptions get this damage. These are the weapons which are exclusive of the priests. These holy/sacred wepaons (ceremonial maces, holy symbols, aspergillums, etc) make damage of the magic kind, not physical. This is different of having extra damage bonus given by any magic on he weapon. Sorry if I made confussion in any place about this.

About the failure in the vampires quest, I think the failure was not in the vampires, but in the holy slayer damage against undeads that we bugged two updates ago and fixed next day.

Thank you for your reporting and your help!

Zab
November 14th, 2013, 11:32
Right, no, I think it was my confusion, not your explanations, about priests weapons/attacks.
However, LaLa did not have that particular weapon during the previous fail on 09/11

Apples failed the quest again a few hours ago.

14/11/2013 8:35:08
The party failed to complete the quest Sweet Talkin’ Guy at difficulty hard.

Alex
November 18th, 2013, 06:14
If you get this fail only with that quest at hard, then the bug must be in the exclusive skills of the vampire patriarch, this is, Charming Aura or Vampire Spawns. If both skills are working, they must fail only in certain conditions.

You see Charming Aura be casted but, did you see working it success? did any party member be charmed with Charming Aura anytime? and with hypnotize?

Zab
November 19th, 2013, 10:35
I have not seen Charmed at all, Alex, but I do not play every quest either. I see Hypnotize all the time.

Alex
November 20th, 2013, 06:59
Nevermind, I will look in the logs. Thank you for your help!

Zab
November 20th, 2013, 21:55
Apples: 21/11/2013 3:42:47
The party failed to complete the quest Sweet Talkin? Guy at difficulty medium.

So just not on Hard, Alex.

Also, earlier today I noticed Hypnotized. Said Vampire tried to Hypnotized, then it said player resisted effect of Charmed.... but it should say resisted Hypnotized, right?