PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Attacks.

Zab
October 21st, 2013, 16:12
You really lowered the damage numbers that scouts and fighters make with their multiple attack skills. On average we are seeing our numbers go down at least 500 damage points per hit from what I see....
But you did nothing for the wizards? I do not want to come across as selfish and only looking out for my game, but when my Burst is giving damage numbers at my highest skill levels and I am only making 700-1000 damage and our fighter is hitting under 200 damage points on Chain Attack and then we see this:

Rastlin cast an Ice Storm II (SL 42) on the monsters
Damage dealt to Mummy King I : 1229 Magical HP
Mummy King I resisted the effect of Frozen
Damage dealt to Mummy V : 1649 Magical HP
Mummy V resisted the effect of Frozen
Damage dealt to Mummy IV : 1818 Magical HP
Mummy IV resisted the effect of Frozen
Damage dealt to Mummy I : 1777 Magical HP
Mummy I resisted the effect of Frozen
Damage dealt to Mummy II : 1744 Magical HP
Mummy II resisted the effect of Frozen
Damage dealt to Mummy III : 1777 Magical HP
Mummy III resisted the effect of Frozen

:8:8:8:8

Can you explain the reasoning?

Zab
October 21st, 2013, 16:22
Nevermind, Alex, I haven't used Rain of Arrows in so long. I think I know what your answer to my questions would be now.... :0

Alex
October 21st, 2013, 16:50
No prob, these reports are very useful. I will share some numbers later but our graphs and stats are based on average players and situations. For sure, top players and premium players will break these graphs, and we will count with you to polish the balance.

Our intention is make wizards devastating against multiple lower targets, but scouts better against one higher target and bosses (fireball and icestorm should be better than burst and rain arrow but critical shot should be better than firey bolt and so on) but these difference should not be excessive, so we count on you to get our purposes! Ambushes will be here before November, we promise. Then we should be able to work together to get the final balance.

Reva
October 21st, 2013, 19:57
Attack for Burst II doesn't look right.
Results from Turn 2
Reva shot a Burst II (SL 10) at the monsters
Reva shot at Highwayman III (ATT 21% ) : hit
Damage dealt to Highwayman III : 95 ( 56 ) Physical HP + ( +39 ) Magical HP
Highwayman III : (ATT 20% )

Reva shot at Highwayman II (ATT 21% ) : hit
Damage dealt to Highwayman II : 58 ( 19 ) Physical HP + ( +39 ) Magical HP
Highwayman II : (ATT 20% )

Reva shot at Highwayman I (ATT 21% ) : missed

Skill description says should be 33% + 11 att/skill level, where are you coming up with 21% for my att value?

Alex
October 22nd, 2013, 04:04
Hello Reva, this is a failure in the log representation in the web side, just ignore the % shown until we fix it later. Your ATT score 33%+11*SL (in this case 33%+110) is being correctly applied in the server side, despite the % shown.

Thank you for your reporting, please tell us everything what looks weird to you.

Alex
October 23rd, 2013, 00:16
Good news to Reva, Zab and every scout. We have been reevaluating the difference between melee and ranged damage and we will soften a bit this difference, and also will increase even more the attack score from scout's weapons. This way we lower more the target's defense from where scouts make more average damage per assault (considering hit's chance) compared to a melee fighter with same attack base score and one handed melee weapon. Now attack score from bows and prjectiles will be the same that melle two handed weapons. Damage still won't be so good as a heavy 2-handed melee weapon but it will be closer. This, in adittion with skills as surprise attack, cripple and critical damage, will enforce the role of scouts bringing down heavily armored bosses.

Also we found that the we accidentally skipped in our numbers the great effect of premium items boosting spells effect, and the consecuence is the huge amount of damage of the ice storm reported above. We will deliberate this an will take a decission asap. Any idea or comment will be heard, specially if they are to hold back this huge damage, and not boost other guilds to even up :[]

Rastlin
October 23rd, 2013, 09:06
That huge damage from my Icestrom comes from my Spell boost. Im not telling what it is here exactly but it is significant.