PDA

View Full Version : Burst

Zab
October 31st, 2013, 10:06
Since the skills have been changed , I have noticed something odd. That my damage numbers are about the same no matter which level I use. Here are two examples from the same quest, Rescuing Soldiers medium.

Quest 1:
Zab shot a Burst II (SL 2) at the monsters
Zab shot at Orc Sentinel I (ATT 33% + ATT +22) : hit
Damage dealt to Orc Sentinel I : 950 ( 342 +608 ) Physical HP
Zab shot at Orc Sentinel II (ATT 33% + ATT +22) : hit
Damage dealt to Orc Sentinel II : 1050 ( 442 +608 ) Physical HP
Zab shot at Orc Sentinel III (ATT 33% + ATT +22) : hit
Damage dealt to Orc Sentinel III : 1045 ( 437 +608 ) Physical HP

Quest 2:
Zab shot a Burst II (SL 50) at the monsters
Zab shot at Orc Sentinel I (ATT 33% + ATT +550) : hit
Damage dealt to Orc Sentinel I : 765 ( 157 +608 ) Physical HP
Zab shot at Orc Sentinel II (ATT 33% + ATT +550) : critical failure!
Zab shot at Orc Sentinel III (ATT 33% + ATT +550) : hit
Damage dealt to Orc Sentinel III : 793 ( 185 +608 ) Physical HP

I never really get damage much over 1000, no matter what.

I understand the need to balance the game, but I am not sure why taking away the strength of attack or changing scout skills has to do with this. Especially when you have made wizards vastly more powerful than they were before. You stated in another thread that single shot attacks for scouts and multi-attacks for wizards are each's specialty, but every wizard I have spoken to now prefers their single shot skills and most scouts preferred their multi-attacks (or at least Burst) before the update. Average playing scouts (non-payers) have become very neutered when using this skill. I really do not like the fact that you changed the way Burst works mostly because EVERY OTHER GUILD has a special ring they can purchase to enhance the potency of their skills, but scouts do not. Burst was one of the things that made up for that. I would not mind if it took me until Burst III or even IV to get back my once over 90% of my attack per use, but I would like it back someway. :(

Zab
October 31st, 2013, 10:08
Also, if I could touch on Rain of Arrows briefly.... the failure rate of that skill is still incredibly high. I am not sure how the damage numbers work there (is it just based on our attack?), but it would be nice if we still hit at least three targets with a chance to hit more... maybe you could use the current set up of Burst damage for Rain of Arrows instead.....

Rastlin
October 31st, 2013, 10:11
Boo, I thought the title read Bust. ( . Y . )

Rastlin
October 31st, 2013, 10:14
Any way I think this is what Zab is complaining about.

Rastlin fired a Power Missile IV (SL 50) at Dire Frost Alpha Wolf I (ATT +4544 , Magical Damage +994) : hit
Damage dealt to Dire Frost Alpha Wolf I : 1951 ( 690 +1261 ) Magical HP
Dire Frost Alpha Wolf I resisted the effect of Frozen

It will get nasty when I get PM5

Alex
October 31st, 2013, 16:31
Burst: Seeing your attacks, seems as if the effective skill's ATT score is not being counted to the damage but the normal ATT score. In this skill, the ATT used for the burst attacks should be the ATT score counted both for the hit and damage. So using 1 SL will give you practically 3 attacks with 1/3 chance hit and 1/3 damage each, compared to your usual attack. The same idea here for fighter's chain attack.

Rain of Arrows works different. In burst, scout fires 3 quick shots to 3 selected targets, and these attacks are usually lower than one usual attack. But here, scout fires a rain of arrow over the enemy party, and every enemy may receive an arrow randomly. This chance for every target to get an attack, depends ONLY of SL used, Scout's xp level, and target's xp level, and of course, luck (the chance roll). This works better with lower targets and not so good with higher targets. Once we have determined what targets will receive an attack, we make a standard attack against these targets, with full ATT score for hit and for damage. Notice that even when a target receive an attack, it could finally miss.

Rastlin's Power Missile: This skill is thoroughly balanced. With 1 ene cost, wizard's Power Missile gets +5ATT, +1DAM, scout's Aimed Shot gets +10ATT, and fighter's Mighty Blow gets a +1d4DAM. In fact, the better part is for the scouts here, as this is against one only target (the advantage is slight, though). The problem with wizards generally and with Rastlin particularly is the spells boost. As I said in other thread, we have to take a decission to restrict this boost as spells are getting crazy. We have already some ideas about it.

Respecting to the skills and rings to boost cries/prayers/spells, we gave to scouts a skill to boost XP, and consequently, levels. In fact, we think that scouts get again the very very best part here, specially when we restrict spells boost. So much better advantage that we could not restrict the XP boost medallion only for scouts.

Of course, though the main is already done with skills, we could and should ge deeper in every skill to tune up them. We have already done based in averages (average damage per energy point spent, per levels, etc), but always is better do it with out testers, so I appreciate so much these kind of constructive threads. We need ambushes! :>>

Rastlin
November 1st, 2013, 07:16
Boo my Spell boost isn't that high. I remember when you could use multiple boosting item now that was fun. We are all ready restricted to one item how else could you limit the boost?

Rastlin
November 1st, 2013, 07:17
Just change Burst back to increased % to hit instead of increased attack.

Alex
November 1st, 2013, 08:45
I never really get damage much over 1000, no matter what.

We have reviewed the code and it is fine, it does what we expected.

I see in the logs you posted that they are before our update which reviewed burst/chain (I can see it in the syntax (ATT 33% + ATT +22) which we changed to (ATT 33% +22).

Please make again the test. Higher SL must make indeed a better damage and better hit chance. But keep in mind this:

- If you fight orcs with 100-300 defense, and you have several Ks in Attack, you will almost always hit with only 33% of your attack, so no matter really how many SL you use. Against higher monsters, you will notice the increase in the hit chance raising your SL.
- Damage dealt for your attack/skill is the first number in the brackets. In you increase your SL in 50 levels, you will notice that this number will be increased around 60 points average on Burst I, around 140 points average on Burst II, around 250 points average on Burst III... The final damage dealt is this amount plus the damage bonus from your weapon and from your skill (poison skill which only have the scouts). In your post you may see your weapon add around 600 damage! This is always added so the damage from your attack/skill may be unpercevied because this huge damage bonus.

Zab
November 1st, 2013, 12:19
"...so no matter really how many SL you use" In other words, basically a useless skill in the future to upgrade. i realise what you are saying about my added physical damage, but I do notice I am only hitting between 300-400 no matter the skill level in normal damage.

"...increase your SL in 50 levels, you will notice that this number will be increased around 60 points average on Burst I, around 140 points average on Burst II, around 250 points average on Burst III..." I am closer to level 60 and I do not see this increase, except maybe once or twice and typically only on a crit. Makes this an expensive and time consuming skill to upgrade and enhance for little profit.

I get that all our skills cannot be super fantastic, but again, I think you need to change this. And the fighter's Chain Attack too (which is even more expensive and time consuming to upgrade and enhance) When unpaying scouts (or fighters) are hitting 60 damage on skill level 40.... seriously, by the time they upgrade to that point... and some never will because of the cost and rate they make skill points per hour, it well... sucks because honestly... what level 40 or higher player wants to make so little damage after all that time invested? It does practically nothing to the monsters at their levels unless you have added physical damage. These were some of the better skills for both guilds. It also gave scouts something fun to do early on with their skills. Aimed Shot seldom still does more damage than an average attack, Burst is blah, Surprise Attack is typically an average attack too, success rate of other skills is sort of mediocre and one has to wait until level 95 to get crit shot II, which may or may not be decent, I am still working on it....

Alex
November 1st, 2013, 12:34
Boo my Spell boost isn't that high. I remember when you could use multiple boosting item now that was fun. We are all ready restricted to one item how else could you limit the boost?

We won't restrict the item, item will be the same. We are thinking on changing the way that the speels boost affect to the skills, as spells direct damage cannot be mutiplied so much, it would break the game. The idea is that a fireball with double potence not necessarily should make double damage. Maybe the bonus could affect the carter's level or attack when compared to the target's level or defense, instead affecting directly to the SL used and then to the number of dices of damage.

Burst always workerd the same, always was modifying just the ATT score. The difference is that before, each SL gave you +1% ATT to the 33% ATT base, and now instead +1, it give +5 ATT /SL (potence I), +11 ATT /SL (potence II), etc
Percentile increases are tiny for low players and crazy for high players. Linear increases are better here. New Burst in better than the older one, for players with ATT <500, Burst II is better for players with ATT < 1100, Burst III is better for ATT scores < 2000, etc. Always, linear increases are more useful first, but the effect is each time less perceived. The reason of the potence levels was to counteract this obsolescence, and keep the usefulness all the time if you enhance your skills.

At this point we think that burst, chain, etc are very well as they are now. If spells were out of control, the way to solve it is not to increase all other skills, but control the spells to the point we really planned for them.

I would like to hear everybody's ideas to moderate spells? limit spell boost, limit the way the spall boost increase spells? or just reduce spells' base damage?

Rastlin
November 1st, 2013, 12:48
Look if you are worried about player vs player damage modify that. Don't go screwing around with player vs monster interactions!

Rastlin
November 1st, 2013, 12:50
Also +1% is way different than +1 attack. +1 attack is totally different for someone with 100 base attack score vs someone with 1000 base attack score.

Alex
November 1st, 2013, 12:55
"...so no matter really how many SL you use" In other words, basically a useless skill in the future to upgrade.

Talking about % hit chance, if you are fighting rats, you will always hit, no matter how may SL you use for your Burst.
(an orc is a "rat" compared with your severan thousands points in Attack).

You will need to upgrade it if you plan to use it agains challenging opponents.

i realise what you are saying about my added physical damage, but I do notice I am only hitting between 300-400 no matter the skill level in normal damage.
"...increase your SL in 50 levels, you will notice that this number will be increased around 60 points average on Burst I, around 140 points average on Burst II, around 250 points average on Burst III..." I am closer to level 60 and I do not see this increase, except maybe once or twice and typically only on a crit. Makes this an expensive and time consuming skill to upgrade and enhance for little profit.

Talking about damage, damage difference using 50SL instead 1 or 2 SL, should be what I posted before. We just debugged the code and all seems to be fine. If you are noticying something diffrent, please post new logs taken after last updates to watch if there were bugs, maybe I could find a clue.

(I took note of the rest)

Zab
November 1st, 2013, 13:15
New Burst in better than the older one, for players with ATT <500, Burst II is better for players with ATT < 1100, Burst III is better for ATT scores < 2000, etc

It's not better. I will try to collect some logs for you to go over, although, I do believe you when you say it is working as you have planned it to. But if I follow what you are saying, even when I get to enhance to VI, my (current and growing)attack score would be too high for it to be any good...so useless. I am not truly understanding why certain skills should be better with less of an attack score.

Also, gaining extra xp over other guilds... first, it only lasts for so long with the declining rates. Second, growing faster than your partymates means you are not creating that 'balanced' party you have stated over and over is the best party to have. I would honestly rather have slightly better skills than having to do things like constantly changing parties because I need to fit in. Growing a great team is hard to do if some are growing faster than the others. Which we are not really doing anyway since you lowered this skills for scouts too, right? We were once at a full percent and now only at .25

As for spells boost (sorry Rastlin, much <3 for you), maybe a wizard could only increase their spells with a ring or amulet by how many levels they actually are naturally. I do think as Rastlin is approaching Level 100 (which I believe will take a lot longer to achieve upon reset), a player should be able to boost 100%. But then again, I do not know what this would really look like compared to everyone else's skills. Maybe also, instead of their spells skill getting a full 1% increase per skill level, it could be lowered to .5?

Rastlin
November 1st, 2013, 13:23
Look it is supposed to be fun to destroy the monsters. Get gold, exp, and score big damage. Let us have our fun. If you want to make player vs player more balanced then do that. Stop screwing with us killing the monsters. Thieu fellings wont get hurt, just maybe yours.:)

Rastlin
November 1st, 2013, 16:54

This statement was not what I was trying to say. I meant increase % of attack instead of increasing attack, unless you up the +attack by a lot.

Lets say for a sec that Zab has an attack of 5000. Does that mean she uses 1650 of her 5000 attack on the Orc Sentinel? And if so the increase for 33% to 34% is an increase of 50 att / SL much greater than 11 att / SL she is getting now.

Zab shot at Orc Sentinel I (ATT 33% + ATT +22) : hit

I think this is more what Zab and I are asking.

Alex
November 1st, 2013, 18:37
ATT 33% + 1% /SL was not working well. ATT 33% + X /SL is working much better. Skill is useful now from the first levels. To keep the usefulness of the skill (and your % of attack increased) while your level and attack grows, you will need to upgrade and enhance your skill.

I tried to explained above, I'm sorry if I didn't achieved. For some of the replies I see that much of what I said was not understood. I am not a good communicator and worse in Englsih and it is not easy to explain the math concepts.

About the boost, don't worry Stephen, you won't miss the gold, exp and big damage! ;)

Thanks Zab for the suggestions for the spells boost and sorrt for the constant changes, but they are necessary for the development and this is the final objective of the testing. After game releasing, there won't be more of these changes.

Zab
November 1st, 2013, 19:33
Turn 1
Kryptonite shot a Burst (SL 8) at the monsters
Kryptonite shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +40) : missed
Kryptonite shot at Wolf I (ATT 33% +40) : hit
Damage dealt to Wolf I : 25 ( 18 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP
Kryptonite shot at Wolf II (ATT 33% +40) : hit
Damage dealt to Wolf II : 24 ( 17 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP

Alpha Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : hit
Damage dealt to Kryptonite : 9 Physical HP

Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : hit

Wolf II bit at Kryptonite : hit

Wolf III bit at Kryptonite : missed

Turn 2
Kryptonite shot a Burst (SL 8) at the monsters
Kryptonite shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +40) : hit
Damage dealt to Alpha Wolf I : 22 ( 15 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP
Kryptonite shot at Wolf I (ATT 33% +40) : hit
Damage dealt to Wolf I : 15 ( 8 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP
Kryptonite shot at Wolf II (ATT 33% +40) : hit
Damage dealt to Wolf II : 23 ( 16 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP

Alpha Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : hit
Damage dealt to Kryptonite : 6 Physical HP

Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : critical failure!

Wolf II bit at Kryptonite : hit
Damage dealt to Kryptonite : 3 Physical HP

Wolf III bit at Kryptonite : hit
Damage dealt to Kryptonite : 7 Physical HP

Turn 3Kryptonite shot a Burst (SL 6) at the monsters
Kryptonite shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +30) : hit
Damage dealt to Alpha Wolf I : 21 ( 14 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP
Kryptonite shot at Wolf III (ATT 33% +30) : hit
Damage dealt to Wolf III : 14 ( 7 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP

Alpha Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : missed

Wolf III bit at Kryptonite : missed

Here is Kryptonite, Level 16, Power 7. His max burst is currently 8. He does Hunt Wolves Hard. Admittedly, he did use his Burst skill twice with his companions before leaving his party to try a quest on his own. In this quest, he used Burst three times and the monsters were not dead, his energy spent and he had to do two more rounds without skills (but if he had not used burst twice already with his party, he would have used it in the next two rounds to finish this quest). No Burst killed a monster outright. He basically used all his energy for one quest. :/

Now here is jj Nimble.

jj Nimble, Level 38, Power 74, Burst I 24. Here he is doing Hunt Wolves too:

Quest 1
jj Nimble shot a Burst (SL 24) at the monsters
jj Nimble shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +120) : hit
Damage dealt to Alpha Wolf I : 64 ( 27 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP
jj Nimble shot at Wolf I (ATT 33% +120) : critical hit (x2)!
Damage dealt to Wolf I : 224 ( 187 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP
jj Nimble shot at Wolf II (ATT 33% +120) : hit
Damage dealt to Wolf II : 101 ( 64 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP

Quest 2

jj Nimble shot a Burst (SL 24) at the monsters
jj Nimble shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +120) : hit
Damage dealt to Alpha Wolf I : 71 ( 34 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP
jj Nimble shot at Wolf I (ATT 33% +120) : hit
Damage dealt to Wolf I : 68 ( 31 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP
jj Nimble shot at Wolf II (ATT 33% +120) : hit
Damage dealt to Wolf II : 104 ( 67 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP

Discounting physical damage and just looking at the natural damage one could make.... jj Nimble has almost 1000 more attack and his skill level of burst three times the size of kryptonite, but his damage numbers seem to hover only around 20-30 more damage points on average than Kryptonite...

So low level players can do one quest a day with their skills. Players with much larger numbers in both levels and skill levels and attack numbers do not make much better natural damage.... I dunno... doesn't seem... fun...

Zab
November 1st, 2013, 22:57
So tonight, Rastlin left me a message asking me to use my burst three different times and post him the results. The first time I used Burst, I still had Burst II. Then I received Burst III. I would like to share the results with you.

Quest 1

Zab shot a Burst II (SL 58) at the monsters
Zab shot at Wooded Choker I (ATT 33% +638) : hit
Damage dealt to Wooded Choker I : 1172 ( 564 +608 ) Physical HP
Zab shot at Wooded Choker II (ATT 33% +638) : hit
Damage dealt to Wooded Choker II : 1034 ( 426 +608 ) Physical HP
Zab shot at Wooded Choker III (ATT 33% +638) : hit
Damage dealt to Wooded Choker III : 1166 ( 558 +608 ) Physical HP

Quest 2

Zab shot a Burst III (SL 58) at the monsters
Zab shot at Wooded Choker I (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
Damage dealt to Wooded Choker I : 1145 ( 537 +608 ) Physical HP
Zab shot at Wooded Choker II (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
Damage dealt to Wooded Choker II : 1131 ( 523 +608 ) Physical HP
Zab shot at Wooded Choker III (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
Damage dealt to Wooded Choker III : 1254 ( 646 +608 ) Physical HP

Quest 3

Zab shot a Burst III (SL 58) at the monsters
Zab shot at Wooded Choker I (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
Damage dealt to Wooded Choker I : 975 ( 367 +608 ) Physical HP
Zab shot at Wooded Choker II (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
Damage dealt to Wooded Choker II : 894 ( 286 +608 ) Physical HP
Zab shot at Wooded Choker III (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
Damage dealt to Wooded Choker III : 1281 ( 673 +608 ) Physical HP

So...... basically my energy costs went up almost 200 and my Burst shoots the same or even lower........

Zab
November 2nd, 2013, 00:41
Alex, I like a lot of the changes this update has brought. I like seeing necromancers making more skeleton army, heads collapsing. I really like the idea of skill enhancement. It's probably my favourite part (until ambushes of course). :) With the enhancements, across the board, it costs more to use our skills though. My perception is that this again hurts your low level players. Particularly players between level 15-30. They do not have enough energy to play with their skills and I think they are the players that need to be having the most fun. While I do believe players SHOULD pay diamonds to refill energy, only being able to use your energy for one quest-and run out before the quest is even done at level 16-I think something about energy costs needs to be changed. I wonder sometimes if energy costs should be based on your xp level and not skill level, still keeping that you cannot upgrade a skill passed your xp level. I also wonder if you should offer one energy heal a day for gold. I would make the gold offer with strings attached. Like you only get 25%-35% of your total energy replenished. I think the cost to replenish energy at the temple should change. I think something like: level 5 players should only have to pay 3 diamonds to replenish their energy, level 20 players are paying 6, level 65 players are paying the 15. A simple sentence at the Temple stating something like: It costs 3 diamonds to refill your energy. This cost increases as you gain levels because obviously you are a rich and powerful lord in this kingdom ;)

I also wonder if balancing the game could be easier done on your side by changing (increasing) the allotments you give us on the level up. Currently, you give us 15 of your decision. You give me, a scout, 10 defense and 5 energy. Couldn't you give us 20 or 25 of such in the places you think we need them? You could do things like add 2 attack per xp level for priests. This would especially help low leveled lone playing priests.

Back to Burst. I am disappointed to see my Burst change so unremarkable tonight. I do understand the need to balance skills (though, I do agree with Stephen. Balancing against monsters is not very important because monsters should be the (much) easier battles in the game), however, a player should see a change in their skill immediately when it becomes enhanced. I think back to when I asked you last week here what RDF (or something) meant because it had been added to my skill once it was enhanced, and you let me know. Maybe this is one of the better ways to show immediate change. So, if I could lay out a Burst, bearing in mind I do not know what your 'balanced' numbers really are.

Burst I
33% + attack
Burst II
33% + attack
Burst III
33% + attack (does not need to change from burst II) + 1 phy dam per skill level
Burst IV
33% + attack (still unchanged) + 2 phy dam per skill level
Burst VI
33% + attack + 2 phy dam per sl + 1% of attack score per sl (.5%?)

Can I have that?

Also, is the max upgrade for a skill 100?

Rastlin
November 2nd, 2013, 07:34
Question> Does attack effect if you hit or not, how much you hit for, or both?

Alex
November 4th, 2013, 16:04
So tonight, Rastlin left me a message asking me to use my burst three different times and post him the results. The first time I used Burst, I still had Burst II. Then I received Burst III. I would like to share the results with you.

Hello Zab, with Burst II (SL 58) you get 3 attacks with Attack score (ATT 33% +638), with a cost of 348 energy points.
with Burst III (SL 58) you get 3 attacks with Attack score (ATT 33% +1160), with a cost of 522 energy points.

You get +500 more attack for each attack, so you cannot get the same result:
At the current state of the combat formulas (which could change afeter ambushes) with 500 more attack you about 80 more damage in average, (up to 130 more damage).
As they are 3 attacks, you deal an average of 3x80 = 240 more damage, up to almost 400 more damage points, spending an extra cost of 522-348 = 174 energy points.
That is, enhancing your skill, you get an increase of an average of 1,38 damage per energy point, up to 2,24 damage per energy point spent extra over burst II.

It's up to you to decide if the extra energy is worth enough.

If you think is not enough worthy, then you may get the same burst attack with Burst III (SL 32) for 288 energy points. That is:
Burst II (SL 58) = 3 attacks with (ATT 33% +638) for 348 cost.
Burst III (SL 32) = 3 attacks with (ATT 33% +640) for 288 cost.

As you can see, you can get exactly the same busrt attack with less energy cost, so obviously, you cannot be harmed by enhancing your skill (putting aside the usefulness or worthlessness of the skill)

Alex
November 4th, 2013, 16:18
Question> Does attack effect if you hit or not, how much you hit for, or both?

You may find the anwer to your reply in the tooltip of the Attack label in your Character Screen, as well as the tips short sentences (these tips are randomly displayed at the bottom of every screen, but they may be found alltogether on the wiki: http://www.otherwind.com/wiki/guildmasters/index.php/Tips )

Attack score determines your chance to hit, as well as the damage you deal.
Defense will decrease the chance of hit from received attacks. It does not reduce damage taken from hits, but it does reduce direct damage from spells.

So for melee and ranged attacks, attacker's ATT and target's DEF will determine the chance of hit. Attacker's ATT and target's damage reductions, and a dice roll, will determine the damage taken.
For direct damage spells (and breaths) with 100% hit, caster's ATT and target's DEF (and dices rolls) will determine damage taken.

Alex
November 4th, 2013, 17:52
While I do believe players SHOULD pay diamonds to refill energy, only being able to use your energy for one quest-and run out before the quest is even done at level 16-I think something about energy costs needs to be changed. I wonder sometimes if energy costs should be based on your xp level and not skill level, still keeping that you cannot upgrade a skill passed your xp level. I also wonder if you should offer one energy heal a day for gold. I would make the gold offer with strings attached. Like you only get 25%-35% of your total energy replenished. I think the cost to replenish energy at the temple should change. I think something like: level 5 players should only have to pay 3 diamonds to replenish their energy, level 20 players are paying 6, level 65 players are paying the 15. A simple sentence at the Temple stating something like: It costs 3 diamonds to refill your energy. This cost increases as you gain levels because obviously you are a rich and powerful lord in this kingdom ;)

I also wonder if balancing the game could be easier done on your side by changing (increasing) the allotments you give us on the level up. Currently, you give us 15 of your decision. You give me, a scout, 10 defense and 5 energy. Couldn't you give us 20 or 25 of such in the places you think we need them? You could do things like add 2 attack per xp level for priests. This would especially help low leveled lone playing priests.

There are several genuine ideas here and we will consider them, specially when we will be reviewing the temple.

Btw, there are not a theorical maximum upgrade for a skill. However in the practice, you will find near impossible to reach skill level 100 on any skiill, because the geometrical cost increase for the skill research. Maybe if the game get milllion players, a Guild Master would earn enough power to reach SL 100 !