PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bonus for Bows and Staffs

Alex
November 4th, 2013, 18:43
I just detected a mistake in the bonus of the magic weapons for scouts and wizards. 2-handed melee weapons, which have a x1,5 multiplier on cost and attack, have also a x1,5 factor on the bonus for their magic bonuses, as they have an increased base cost.

The mistake I just detected is that this x1.5 multiplier on the magic bonus is being also applied to scouts and wizards weapons which are marked as 2-handed (bows, crossbows, staffs...). This is a mistake as these weapons have not the cost increased and in practice, there are not difference between a wand and a staff. So in next update when we fix this mistake, you may see your weapon magic bonus decreased if you wield a 2-handed scout or wizard wepaon.

Furthermore, as the 2-handed melee weapon has the x1.5 cost increase in the base gold price, but not in the base diamonds price, the x1.5 magic bonus may be removed also from 2-handed melee weapons (we will consider this for the next update).

Regards

Rastlin
November 5th, 2013, 09:08
Can we ask for or diamonds back for the weapon then?

Rastlin
November 5th, 2013, 09:10
Are you talking about the 267 extra damage on this hit?

Rastlin fired at Barbarian Axe-Thrower I : hit
Damage dealt to Barbarian Axe-Thrower I : 811 Magical HP ( 544 +267 )
Barbarian Axe-Thrower I resisted the effect of Frozen

with this:
Sapphire Gnarled Crook of Arctic

Attack +162
Energy +108
Magical Damage +267
Freeze SL:107

Zab
November 5th, 2013, 11:50
:( And my damage lowers again.... :( Alex, you're killing me lol

Thank you for letting us know though because I was planning on purchasing a new (two-handed) weapon after you fixed your payment structure. I will just wait a bit to see the changes pushed through.

Alex
November 6th, 2013, 07:40
Can we ask for or diamonds back for the weapon then?

Of course!

Also, all your (purchased) diamonds will be sent back for the game reset when we finally will launch it.

Btw I was talking about the bonus damage from the weapons, not sure in your log if that bonus is coming only from the weapon.

Zab, sorry I feel sad because you'll be affected by this, indeed. Watch it from the opposite perspective, you have been lucky because you have been enjoying extra bonus for some time by our mistake! :9

Take in mind the bonus is now 150% of what it should be, so you may calculate what is the right 100% of the bonus. We will solve this mistake when we upload ambushes, as we are going to bring more changes to equipment. Bonuses may become too high so the skills and stats may be indiferent, killing the game, so we have to control these bonuses. Paying for items should be helpful, but not decisive.

Rastlin
November 6th, 2013, 10:35
with this:
Is the +267 going to be affected on my?

Sapphire Gnarled Crook of Arctic

Attack +162
Energy +108
Magical Damage +267
Freeze SL:107

Zab
November 6th, 2013, 10:41
I figured the bonus on my weapon was probably too high for a long time, Alex.

"Paying for items should be helpful, but not decisive" <------- This is the main reason I am ok with the bonus being lowered. Just because I pay for half-decent equipment doesn't mean I want to be able to beat everyone I go up against all the time. That sort of game, for me, would get boring. I have had LOADS of fun making crazy damage for a long time, and I will try my very best to continue making that damage, so thanks for the offer to refund diamonds, so as Beta Testers, we can still have the best fun possible :)ยก