PDA

View Full Version : Respawning

Zab
January 9th, 2015, 00:14
After the timer is up on a quest, why is there an additional message saying the quest has not been respawned yet? Running into this often.

Rastlin
January 9th, 2015, 13:38
Timers are also starting to get a bit long. Hope not to see them go longer than a hour.

Guild Masters
January 10th, 2015, 20:30
After the timer is up on a quest, why is there an additional message saying the quest has not been respawned yet? Running into this often.

If this message is happening, the timer in the server has not expired yet, but this timer must be the same that the timer you are seeing. If is happening, the timer on your client webpage and the timer in the server is not the same. Maybe you did not refreshed the page after your party companion (or yourself in a different window) launched or returned from a quest. I am reviewing and cannot find any wrong, and I am trying to reproduce the eventual bug if there is any. Can you provide more details about what circumstances make your message to appear and what not?

Timers are also starting to get a bit long. Hope not to see them go longer than a hour.

Timers won't grow to the infinite. There is a maximum length for them, reached when you complete a certain number of times a given quest (20 times at this moment, but this number can change), and I mean you complete quest 100% only you. That is, 20 times if you are alone, 60 times if you travel together in a party with 3 members with same level, or for instance, 30 times if you contribute with two thirds (66%) of your party's size, as example, you size 10 with one companion size 5.

As this measure is individual, in a party, the respawn time used, is the average, weighted by size, of all party members: for instance, if player A, size 50, have respawn time 10mins, and player B, size 30, have respawn time 5mins, the used time is (50*10mins + 30*5mins) / (50 + 30) = 650/80 = 8,125 minutes.

Alex
January 10th, 2015, 20:31
I hope we can write these notes on the wiki some day! At least I will note this on the discussion page in the wiki, just in case a enthusiastic player will write the article, so he will have this info available there. :)

Zab
January 11th, 2015, 18:33
Alex, I refresh the page and log in and out of Facebook.
After the sliding, shadow timer disappears, and I can click on the quest again, it says it has not respawned. Sometimes, it takes up to an additional 20 minutes before I can do the quest again.
I could be wrong, but I feel it has something to do with the Barbarian Sword quest.

Assasine
January 11th, 2015, 18:49
Alex, I refresh the page and log in and out of Facebook.
After the sliding, shadow timer disappears, and I can click on the quest again, it says it has not respawned. Sometimes, it takes up to an additional 20 minutes before I can do the quest again.
I could be wrong, but I feel it has something to do with the Barbarian Sword quest.

Have the same Problem timer disappears and you cannot start quests. Refreshing or restarting Facebook didnt work Quest is ready but you get the Fail Message appear tested with Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. If that happen it need alot more time for all Mission to regenerate, easy testable without bug around 4 minutes regenerate with alot more.

Guild Masters
January 12th, 2015, 00:53
We will be addressing this along today. Thanks for reporting.

Assasine
January 12th, 2015, 16:29
We will be addressing this along today. Thanks for reporting.

Today the bug went strange, start"Trader Guard Duty" and after that"The Barbarian Sword" and after that alot of Mission that arent startet for Hours have "the quest has not been respawned yet" message.

Guild Masters
January 14th, 2015, 16:10
Hello, we cannot reproduce this bug. Can you say something more to help us to locate this bug?
How much often it is happening? all times? only few times? all browsers?

Please if anyone finds again broken timers, please send immediately an email to support@guildmasters.com so we can check timers in the data base to see if there happen something wrong.

Thank you

Assasine
January 14th, 2015, 16:47
Hello, we cannot reproduce this bug. Can you say something more to help us to locate this bug?
How much often it is happening? all times? only few times? all browsers?

Please if anyone finds again broken timers, please send immediately an email to support@guildmasters.com so we can check timers in the data base to see if there happen something wrong.

Thank you

It happens all the time (Chrome, Modzilla Firefox, Internet explorer), you start 4-5 Quests all timers are visible some Quests later the timers disappear and you dont see how much time left. Also much Timers reaching 0 and after that you also cannot start the Quest cause of the "the quest has not been respawned yet" message. Restarting the Browser or refreshing didnt help also i tried it on 3 different PCs all have the same Problem.

Guild Masters
January 15th, 2015, 17:10
We found the problem. Timers max were being limited properly at the web but were not working fine in our internal servers. All is working now as intended.