PDA

View Full Version : Damage reduction

Rastlin
January 10th, 2015, 23:00
While wearing:

Cotton Superior Tunic

Defense +6
Magical Damage Reduction -4*

I'm still taking damage from a 2 magical hit.

Turn 1 Raistlin fired at Fire Ignok I : hit
Damage dealt to Fire Ignok I : 69 HP ( 52 Magical +17 Physical )

Fire Ignok I Breathed Fire (SL 3) on Raistlin : hit
Damage dealt to Raistlin : 1 Magical HP ( 2 -1 )
Raistlin resisted the effect of Burning

Fire Ignok II Breathed Fire (SL 3) on Raistlin : hit
Damage dealt to Raistlin : 1 Magical HP ( 2 -1 )
Raistlin resisted the effect of Burning

There is also still a problem with Cleric Aura.

Guild Masters
January 11th, 2015, 13:24
This is not a bug, this is intended. If you mouse over the Damage Reduction property, you get detailed description: it will reduce damage up to 4 hit points. The higher is the damage reduction amount compared to the damage taken, the closest to this maximum amount reduced. The formula is similar to the calculation of the skill cost reduction property.

Cleric's auras work the same that this item's magic property, though we still changed description, sorry for the confusion.

This has changed from the demo and it eliminates the total immunity got with high levels on damage protection.

Rastlin
January 11th, 2015, 20:26
If it doesnt block all damage then you need to adjust the price for the items.

Assasine
January 12th, 2015, 05:38
If the reduce didnt work like in beta then the items are alot overpriced.

And the Aura of Priest didnt say "up to" effect so its broken?

Zab
January 12th, 2015, 11:27
I believe Alex is saying that they forgot to change the description on the auras.

Alex, you should make it clear on the equipment description at the Blacksmith that dam red is an 'up to' because I have yet to see that on any item and people should understand what they are buying because typically people will be using real money for gear like that.

Zab
January 12th, 2015, 11:40
Raistlin tells me if I scroll, I can see it, but I cannot. Maybe it is my browser. I still think it should be in the description.

Guild Masters
January 12th, 2015, 13:54
I believe Alex is saying that they forgot to change the description on the auras.

Alex, you should make it clear on the equipment description at the Blacksmith that dam red is an 'up to' because I have yet to see that on any item and people should understand what they are buying because typically people will be using real money for gear like that.

You are right both two statements, thank you :)

Description should appear if you mouseover the property " Dam Red -2* ", or if you are on a touching screen, short-tapping it. Anyway I'll change "Damage Reduction -2* " just for "Damate Protection +2", to fully separate the "protection" property and the former "damage reduction".

We will study the prices for this magic property, but we won't make any changes here on a long time at least.

Thank you everybody for the feedback.