PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for timers!

Assasine
January 18th, 2015, 18:44
There are many good Quests that are blocked for alot of time (1 Hour and i think this also highers), you have to clear 2 sites of missions that the first timers regain thats alot to Long. Also Speed trough Mounts would be useless cause you get only faster to a Limit where you cant play

So my Suggestion would be to cap the time a mission need to regain to 5-10 times of the travelling time.

Another possibility would be an item that shortens the timer for each quest startet by 10 minutes per quest (scalling up per Level of the Item), but it must be working for the full Party cause Speed on shoes are another crap item that isnt that great cause Partys arent benefit from it.

Guild Masters
January 19th, 2015, 12:52
So my Suggestion would be to cap the time a mission need to regain to 5-10 times of the travelling time.

The quest respawn timer has already a cap below 10 times the 1-way time quest, that is, lower than 5 times the way&return quest time.

I realize that you are comparing the respawn timer with the quest traveling time at your current speed higher than 1. So if maximum respawn timer is 5 times quest time traveling at speed 1, it is 25 times at speed 5.

We agree that you should not have 2 pages of quests waiting to be respawned and, if you have, something must be changed here. By the way, quest distances has been reduced a lot, which would make this problem worse.

We are currently very focused to increase playability for new players at very low levels, but we will review this asap. Thanks for reporting.

Zab
January 20th, 2015, 10:29
Alex, I have concerns about low-level players who are without or have few followers, especially any who choose to play the game solo. The timers can potentially limit their growth a lot quite early on. Right now, you have it so the timers max out after 20 quests alone, or 60 in a party. I almost think this should be reversed so smaller players have a better chance of growing. Or maybe just a lower respawn rate all together with, if you are playing alone.

Zab
January 20th, 2015, 10:32
And it is true, with the timers in place, mounts could become less desirable. Are you still thinking of the loyalty increases for using your mount...where their stats up the more you use them? I think it might be a good idea to add something else at least to the mounts to justify the costs again.

Alex
January 21st, 2015, 06:34
I share all your concerns, and we are working hard to make changes quick.

We are currently working on changes for the recruits, which will let new players get some power to promote by recruiting friends, and it will give to use some virality to grow.
As far as I could check playing the game from the start, respawn timers are not affecting low levels as they are too low but also there will be some adjustments here, thanks for player's feedback. We've counting respawn since won fights and not since arriving town, as Rastlin suggested, and we have to review timers at parties and higher levels to avoid pages of timer as Assasine reported.

The mounts enhancing will be added, in fact we are already storing how many miles to travel with every mount, and there will be 3-5 enhancing levels of training with your mount. However days have limited hours and we are at limits. I think this feature will have to wait a few weeks to be on. First we have to polish the flaws in the playability specially for new players.

Alex
January 24th, 2015, 19:14
Please, when you get whole pages full of timers, could you take screenshots and send them to support@guildmasters.com? I want to review this issue this week and adjust these timers to avoid this problem, so I'd like to know what is the exact magnitude of the problem caused to high-level players.

Thank you for helping! Your reports, suggestions and feedback are priceless to develop this game at the players' liking!

Zab
January 26th, 2015, 15:33
While we do sometimes seems to get stuck momentarily, I do not think it is quite a problem yet, playing as one of the higher levels. We have more choices. I really do think the bigger issue will be for solo players of low levels in the long run, especially if the decide to go with fast mounts.

Maybe you could have one timer for easy, medium quests (faster spawn rates) and a separate timer for hard quests (longer spawn rates).