PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Friends for Extra Power

Zab
January 23rd, 2015, 18:59
This is a nice concept and it will certainly help a lot of new players gain skills faster. Checking it out, I recruited the number allowed to gain the extra two points. It is a little disturbing that now on my front page I have a list with my friend's real names as 'character' names. I would not have recruited at all if I had known this would be this way. Though they may choose to play, I have put their real names out there for people to see without their permission and it makes me uncomfortable. Could it not be coded that these people are just 'scouts' or 'wizards'?
Also, i was given the popular achievement after I recruited these folks. I do not think I am deserving of that, as they will leave when they do not add game.

Alex
January 23rd, 2015, 20:09
Right, I also realized that as soon as I recruited a bunch of friends, and immediately increased the goal of the achievement as a temporary measure. We will have to think if we should keep this goal higher, or not counting recruits for the Max Followers statistics. First measure would motivate players to invite friends to get the achievement, but second one will make the achievement more well-deserver. What do you think?

I'm also concerned about friend's privacity, I'll change that asap.

Alex
January 23rd, 2015, 20:21
I changed it to show just "Recruit" as a quick, temporary measure. Maybe we could show only first name, as "Recruit Alex" or "Recruit John". I don't think that showing mini-picture or first name could vulnerate people's privacity, but I could be wrong. Does anybody feel unconfortable for showing friends miniature or first name? Also we could show a random funny nickname picked from two lists (random first name and random second name), in the style of "pink spider", "crazy elephant", etc.
Also we were thinking about add for them random avatars and giving them a profile with activity log where you can see publicly what players has invited them, when they expire, when they are invited again, etc.

Zab
January 23rd, 2015, 20:30
Thanks, Alex! I really appreciate that you moved so fast on that.
I really like the idea of the 'random' name. Or even the first names. And it would be cool to see who has been recruited before.

Yes, I like diamonds for players early on, so maybe it is a good idea to leave achievement as is.

Assasine
January 25th, 2015, 07:07
I have Problems with recruiting Friends, all friends i see to recruit are that ones that i dont want to annoy. Can you add to choose friends from my Friend Groups, cause i have also lists with friends who like to Play games and only that ones i want to invite. They are to much to invite them over the Search bar. Also for some friends i invite im getting no Gold/Power and cant see them but i have added them and also 1 of them is starting Guildwars.

Alex
January 25th, 2015, 16:34
The pop-up window is given by Facebook and we cannot change it. With time, we would ask the full list and build our own window, but anytime facebook is goint to change this in few months, so we will face this task later.

As far as I could see, when the windows appear, facebook shows only a few suggested friends, but you can access every friend by writing their names in the search text box. Try to write for instance "a" and there will appear all friends containing an "a" in their facebook name.