PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Ramakin
January 24th, 2015, 06:57
It would be nice to store ur favorite groups (links) someware in the game.

Ramakin
January 24th, 2015, 07:51
And its quite frustratin not to see active groups on the spot. ;)

Guild Masters
January 24th, 2015, 08:18
Hello Ramakin, welcome to the forums!

Yes the Tavern screen is still too plain. We have neglected it much time in favor of other features, but we must enhance it as soon as we have a chance.

We plan to add several filters and sort fields to this query to make easier to find active and suitable parties for players.

I promise we will push this to the top of the work list. New players should not to have such difficulties to gather into parties!

We want add custom filters by size and last actives, with any free slots (or not, this button is already in the bottom), and maybe, speed.

Any suggestions for this screen?

Ramakin
January 24th, 2015, 09:23
Hello Ramakin, welcome to the forums!

Yes the Tavern screen is still too plain. We have neglected it much time in favor of other features, but we must enhance it as soon as we have a chance.

We plan to add several filters and sort fields to this query to make easier to find active and suitable parties for players.

I promise we will push this to the top of the work list. New players should not to have such difficulties to gather into parties!

We want add custom filters by size and last actives, with any free slots (or not, this button is already in the bottom), and maybe, speed.

Any suggestions for this screen?

Well, the game page is too "long", many scroll ups-downs but a small change u can apply is to make party names green when they are active now. Also u may use the filtering (in general) as a pop screen.
Another helpfull add-on could be a "shouting" line under the messages line on top.

Alex
January 24th, 2015, 18:38
They are interesting suggestions. What you mean with the shouting line? Please explain, I'm very curious about it. You mean for system to shout important events? or players shouting for friends, or for everybody?

Ramakin
January 25th, 2015, 05:45
the system shouting is over the menu (PROFILE, CHARACTER etc). u can use it as well (with another color) for special events etc. Under that u may add a players shout line. And with a few coins as rental, the players could shout for friends, recruits etc.

Alex
January 25th, 2015, 16:37
Yes I understand, I remember now I saw that feature in knighthood game. It is a nice sugegstion.

Zab
January 26th, 2015, 15:28
Shout-outs worked really well in Knighthood. It caught the attention of new players and allowed Lieges (masters) a chance to say what they offered people who joined them without having to copy and paste the same messages on dozens of player's walls. It seems that still many players do not understand the advantage of joining a master and would also be good in helping even those who decide not to play to at least help other players by joining them anyway.

A world chat might be helpful too, Alex! Instead of having to use mottos ;)

Guild Masters
January 29th, 2015, 15:50
We have discussed about shouts and we decided to implement them. We found it a nice idea and quick to develop.

World chat, or at least, party/fight chats, were also decided to be developed, but they need more time from us and will have to wait still a few more.

Alex
February 5th, 2015, 19:10
I'm working on the shouts just now. They will cost just 1 diamond to publish messages for everybody. We will also use this line to publish system events, just like next maintenance, etc (also working on that for not to turn off suddenly). I mean general system messages for everybody, as personal messages for particular players are already shown in the notification carousel, but will use the new line for world messages, both from system and from players, all together cycling in a new carousel. The place will be just below menu, visible from all pages in the game.

Also maybe we use this new board to post only for your followers, posted in a different color than world messages, and costing some gold for followers, instead diamonds (for everybody).

QUESTION: How would you name to this name? I need a name for the logs. How it sounds better for you? Bulletin board? Noticeboard? Message board? Pinboard?

Alex
February 5th, 2015, 19:13
Next thing will be work on the tavern screen: make filters, review suggestions on this thread, etc.

I am thinking also in a sort of pinboard only for the tavern screen, to give parties the chance to post messages for players who are looking for parties, etc. Do you have any suggestion for this?

Rastlin
February 6th, 2015, 15:02
You should be able to hide your party if you so like. This goes along with helping people hide from ambushes, cause not everyone like them. You really need to make it so people can play the game with out dealing with ambushes. Slow the parties travel down to half speed or something. You are losing more people because of ambushes. Casual people who can afford scroll period. Just saying! When we lose people it hurts everyone. Please change something. Fast!!!

Alex
February 7th, 2015, 19:23
New players have newbie protection for ambushes up to level 10. Above level 10, pleople receiving ambushes, if online, should have advantage over attackers (in most cases). To achieve that, we will make changes soon to the way to calculate parties sizes, no more just the party member's sizes, as we said in other thread.

But we are not willing let parties to hide for free, it would let bots to keep collecting gold and xp without risk. I think that best solution should be to let attackers only raid targets more powerful than raiders, so if defender plays actively should beat raider in most cases. Don't you think so?

Alex
February 7th, 2015, 19:27
I'd rather challenging games that 'click and reward' games, and we have to make things hard to bots, but certainly the most important is make this funny to play, so we want to find the proper balance.

carlosmt
April 9th, 2015, 04:29
I like the Message Board, but I think the time to read the message is very short, 6 seconds, what do you thing?

Guild Masters
April 9th, 2015, 07:37
I like the Message Board, but I think the time to read the message is very short, 6 seconds, what do you thing?

If you are interested in a particular message, you can mouse-over it and it will freeze the rotation time, giving you all time you need to read it carefully.

Also, if you want to read again a messaged already displayed, and you want not to wait the full rotation to read it again, you can just refresh to restart rotation.

The board is displayed in three blocks:

- First we display all the players' shouts, and we shuffle this block so any player has preference over other players getting his shout displayed first.
- Second, we display important news in the Guild, such as a new Guild Master.
- And last, we display a block with new players coming to the Guilds in the last hour, but capping to the last 10 installs only for not to get his block growing too much.
- Again first block, and so on.