PDA

View Full Version : Ambushes

Zab
January 27th, 2015, 22:38
Today I am sad to see Sadel LaMano group take off their clothes and leave the game. I hope they will come back because truly, I believe they are a few levels off from beating some of us mid-range 'diamond' players.

I would like to make a few suggestions for ambushes.

1) I can attack a lot of parties filled with level 16, 17, 18 players and it's an easy win. Could you compute some sort of recognition of levels like mine (or even against my defense) compared to theirs and up the chances of amazing, supreme hits happening? Even if a party still does not win, they get some great bragging rights. Basically penalize me for attacking players who are of too much lower level.

2) When a party travels home invisible under 50%. Can we change this up somewhat? Like how about this. Say any party I attack has a week to seek 'revenge'. This would mean for the next week, they could ambush me anytime I am traveling under 50%, increasing their chances of victory against me. For 'revenge', there would be no traveling time time to the raid, just the 30 second timer before battle, basically no chance for me to flee from the 'revenge'.

Zab
January 27th, 2015, 22:46
Also, if you could be so kind, a log of just the ambush battles that players could refer to. Once another quest is thrown, most members of the party do not get a chance to see battle log.

Rastlin
January 28th, 2015, 17:21
Give the groups who don't like ambushes the option to move in concealment like when the party is damaged below 50% health. People wont use invisibility scrolls they are way over priced. Hell most of the temple stuff is way over priced now, without daily diamonds.

Zab
January 28th, 2015, 20:03
I agree with Rastlin about the cost of the scrolls. I think they should be brought down to 2-5 diamonds depending on the scroll. I think there are not too many getting them is there? And the daily diamonds too, which I am always willing to make a bit of a stink about, believing that people want to give when they get. Again, maybe not 5 a day, but 2 sounds nice.

However, I do not agree with just letting players/parties a choice of concealment without paying for it, unless we are talking players level 10 and under.

Assasine
January 29th, 2015, 05:04
Daily Diamonds again would be nice, with the 5 per day you can also buy only each 200-300 days something that will makes you really stronger.

Guild Masters
January 29th, 2015, 16:30
There are many very good ideas here, and we like specially the 'Revenge' feature. Also the combat history was planed to show all fights last week, it is possible and we would like to make it so, but always we are very few and very few man-work hours to make so many features, and also have to work off the game to earn enough money for servers and ads (and feed ourselves). Several of these will things be added to the list.

About the ambushes, the problem is the linear counting of the parties sizes, because with current fights, a level 30 is much stronger than three level 10 players. We are discussing about changing the calculation for the party size. Still not decided, but we are thinking about that second party member sums to the party size half of his levels, not the 100%, and third member sums also 50% or maybe 40%, fourth sums 50-30% and so on. We still have to make tests on the simulators to find the balance, and the idea is always that you can only target parties stronger than yours.

We realize that some items are currently overpriced, like scrolls and premium condition (we plan more privileges –but no combat advantages– for premium players). Maybe we will make temporary discounts for some of them. Sorry for the lack of daily gift of diamonds. Actually we don't reach to pay servers and need every little payment, and removing it has increased the payment revenue, decreasing the amount of money that we –devs– have to pay for servers from our own funds. Also there are already lot of free diamonds being gifted with achievements, many of them are easy to accomplish quickly, and we have a Free Diamonds button that very few players use yet. There are a lot of offers to earn diamonds for free, just downloading apps to the smartphone, and so. We think than non-paying players have already many ways to earn free diamonds.

Sorry for not to be able to clone ourselves to make all this faster!! Today still fighting with the ads campaign, the register for new players, and new viral stories. If really need to earn more free diamonds, maybe we use these facebook posts to get the daily diamonds through friend clicks or something.

Rastlin
February 6th, 2015, 15:07
Ok another suggestion for ambushes. Make parties have the option to bribe the attacker with half the gold the would of lost in a defeat to stop from getting killed. Or just start calculating power in the the ambush equation. Please do something fast.

Alex
February 7th, 2015, 19:50
OK I'll try this week to put simulators to work on this, to test my ideas about new parties sizes, but too many front lines at the same time! (timers, ambushes, registers, etc)

I'd like to hear people's suggestions about new party's size calculation, to balance parties vs. parties, and add those suggestions to the simulators too and see if they works better.
If you have not played enough ambushes, you can watch the minimum size for the quest at medium difficulty as the monster's party size.

The question for the community is: what quests do you avoid for not to be defeated (at medium)?

I mean what maximum quest size compared with your party size. And this question should be answered separately for two different situations: against a lonely monster (a boss) or against a pack of smaller monsters.

If you found what quest size is the maximum size you can beat –both, for bosses and for monster packs–, you found the proper balance for ambushes. Basically –before adding some other factors– the maximum size for boss monsters that you beat, should be your party size with you alone in the party, and the size of packs should be your party size when you have equal amount of members. With those parameters, it should not be hard to find the proper formula which will balance ambushes in the way we want.

Ellyria
May 23rd, 2015, 11:56
I suggested in the Poison Cloud thread where this subject also came up, that a possible solution for the situation like you said where a lv. 30 against three lv. 10's, even though their party is larger, they are no match for the lv. 30. I think a fix could be that the initiator of the ambush cannot attack a party whose average level is say more than 5 levels lower than theirs. The same way that smaller parties don't show up in the list of possible ambush targets, parties with a substantially lower average level also would not show up as possible ambush targets. That way no adjustment needs to be made if lower level parties want to try attacking higher level ones. It would simply just prevent powerful players from going solo to decrease their party size and then farming lower level parties who happen to be larger for gold.

Alex
June 1st, 2015, 17:21
Sorry for my inability to get both topics separated.

I've just written this in the other thread:

Hello friends. I agree with most of your suggestions and complaints. This week we are going to upload a update with some enhancements for the combat screen to make it more dynamic, and also we made some adjustments on the multiplayer skills, adding some random chances to avoid or deflect the effect of the multi-target skills which was making direct effect with no salvation. Also, we are increasing a bit the cost in energy of multitarget skills. This will increase balance!

About ambushes, initially we disabled the "brackets", I mean the level ranges for targeting parties in ambushes, because there were not many parties in the field. Now that there are more parties available to be raided, we definitely have to do limit ambushes by brackets determined by sizes, as well as limit daily the raids of a party over a same target. We also will consider other suggestions mentioned here and other threads.

We want to thank to players their active participation in the game development!