PDA

View Full Version : Ambushes balance

Guild Masters
February 27th, 2015, 13:45
The new calculation for Apparent Size in a party, will match the effective level for a party with several members.

We put to work our simulators and got a nice balance, considering ONLY the player levels and stats.

Equipment and skills have been left out –by now– from our simulators. They would give advantage to experienced players (usually higher levels).

What do you think? should they be having in consideration, giving more advantage to balanced parties with lower players? or is is OK as currently after update 1.1.108, rewarding players who has been playing more time, acquiring equipment and developing skills?

Zab
February 27th, 2015, 15:10
I hope these changes will help with lower levelled players being attacked from top, strong players in the game.

I would prefer punishments for attacking newer players if you are a higher player. Decreases to attack and defenses for players much higher in levels than the parties they are attacking. And perhaps such things as if you take a player out of your squad, you cannot put them back in or replace with another player for 24 hours. This would have to include if players leave your mastership to combat having clones leaving your squad to surf.

Alex
February 27th, 2015, 15:56
And perhaps such things as if you take a player out of your squad, you cannot put them back in or replace with another player for 24 hours. This would have to include if players leave your mastership to combat having clones leaving your squad to surf.

This sounds very interesting for me, though it 'll be not simple to code. It could take some time, but I will note this one. Also I have not forgot the suggestion about seize –temporary at least– players in squads.

Rastlin
March 4th, 2015, 09:32
What Zab said. The current system still doesn't stop me from attacking just about any one I want, unfairly. The squad thing is interesting. Maybe take into consideration the rank of party members. I still think moving the party at half speed to avoid all ambushes is an idea to think about. Moving under concealment for the whole quest to stop from being ambushed.

Rastlin
March 4th, 2015, 09:49
complaining it is to powerfull in ambushes

Hahahaha

which i really do agree with

I asked for them to only modify it in regards to ambushed, and leave it alone for regular quest.

I think all skills and spells should be reduced for all when considering ambushes.

would make the fights longer and more interesting in my opinion.

Noooo why? The game plan have advance and desavadage for all classes

General reduse agree

for all equally

But dont change some..

i tried to get Alex to do this in beta but he didnt

probably too hard to code for him

A longer fight make the game have more fun.....

Zab
March 5th, 2015, 16:52
This sounds very interesting for me, though it 'll be not simple to code. It could take some time, but I will note this one. Also I have not forgot the suggestion about seize –temporary at least– players in squads.

Can it just not be set on timers like the quests? Understanding maybe even that took a lot of work, I have no real ideas on what coding :)

Alex
March 6th, 2015, 14:38
Not any feature is not possible to code. Coding is never a problem. Resources and develop time is the biggest problem, we have limited time.

Also, if anytime we advance and desavadage only 1-2 guilds, it is always considering all classes and most time trying to fix an unbalance we detected. At least, it is our intent.

Rastlin
March 24th, 2015, 07:28
I can still ambush many groups that I think I should not be able to. I say Let groups move under concealment if they wish to avoid ambushes.

Rastlin
March 24th, 2015, 07:46
i want Alex to change ambushes.

Like?

Make parties be able to choose to move under concealment to avoid ambushes completely.

concealment like when dropped below 50% party health, so move at half speed

Like to have choose make pk?

so if people dont want to be ambushed they need to slow thier progress down

yes

it is some what logical too. sneak around to quest, so increases travle time

And why dont make a option like arena?

that would be nice too.

Go there with your party and wait others

that would be something to add down the road.

but a interesting addition to the game no doubt

they need to change ambushes 1st

when they get ambushes figured out the arena would then be an easier addition to the game

Geonzon M Elmer
March 22nd, 2016, 08:17
The new calculation for Apparent Size in a party, will match the effective level for a party with several members.

We put to work our simulators and got a nice balance, considering ONLY the player levels and stats.

Equipment and skills have been left out –by now– from our simulators. They would give advantage to experienced players (usually higher levels).

What do you think? should they be having in consideration, giving more advantage to balanced parties with lower players? or is is OK as currently after update 1.1.108, rewarding players who has been playing more time, acquiring equipment and developing skills?