PDA

View Full Version : Some questions.

Matthias Hickl
March 31st, 2012, 12:53
Hello my friends.
I was seeing this game some time ago and looked fome ome informations...well since the forum is empty im going to ask some question here.
Whats with the social part of the game?i mean i know it should be different just like you guys sayd but are there a lot of options to team up with players that are online and not offline players or similiar stuff?
There is a thing im worried about...is there a story that goes trough the game or just quest-by-quests storys?if there is one how about multiple languages?surely not at the beginning of the game.My english is not that bad but to,,feel''the story it would be a lot better in my normal language(ths german in my case)and i think a lot of other people would like that a lot too.
In a screenshot was a quest shown with multiple choices to to it like easy and so on...will there be story depending choices too?
How is the pvp going to be?
At least a very well known question for games that are not released:When will this game be finished?^^

Guild Masters
April 2nd, 2012, 10:32
First of all, thank you very much for your interest and welcome to the Otherwind forums. You asked lots of interesting questions and I will try to answer them separately.

Whats with the social part of the game?i mean i know it should be different just like you guys sayd but are there a lot of options to team up with players that are online and not offline players or similiar stuff?
There are different areas in the game that promote the social relationships among players. The adventure party is one of them. Certainly, you can throw your party to face quests while your companions are offline. If we require that every member is online, the gameplay would get greatly worse. Anyway, offline players cannot use skills, cannot cast spells, cannot heal and cannot perform any strategies, so a party with online players will have much more possibilities to win the fight.
Anyway, these are our thoughts, but if reality is other, and if players demand the opposite, we will change the rules, we want to make a game for the community!
We think that people will join with their friends to make adventure parties, but the greater social part is in the guilds, a pyramidal structures based on relations master-followers, with the Guild Master in the top and the newbies in the bottom. These relations will be freely established by players themselves, so the social component is assured.
Other social features will be ambushes, marketplace, black market...

There is a thing im worried about...is there a story that goes trough the game or just quest-by-quests storys?
I'm affair that by now it is only a quest-by-quest story. Quests will have an illustration and an description just to get the context, but they will be a mere excuse to fight against the monsters ***ociated to the quest. Anyway, if we are successful with the game and we have access to more resources, we would love to insert a row of linked quests with a deeper background, and including special quest items., but this is not in our highest priorities.

if there is one how about multiple languages?surely not at the beginning of the game.My english is not that bad but to,,feel''the story it would be a lot better in my normal language(ths german in my case)and i think a lot of other people would like that a lot too.
I relate to your situation. My mother language is Spanish and it was not easy to make a game entirely at English. But we are a tiny company and we had not the time and resources to make the game multi-language. As English must be of course the main language, we could ne to make the game even at Spanish, the mother language of all developers.
We don't dismiss the possibility of adding new languages in the future, but sincerely, it will be harder now since we have not made our code ready, that would extend even more the already very long development time!

In a screenshot was a quest shown with multiple choices to to it like easy and so on...will there be story depending choices too?
As I said, there is no a storyline. Difficulty level chosen will influence only on the monsters that you will fight and the experience points received.

How is the pvp going to be?
Players can track, pursue and laid ambushes for other adventure parties that are on adventuring (facing quests or raiding other parties). Parties on town have nothing to fear, but traveling parties can be ambushed anytime by other parties. In PvP fights, the winners will loot the losers, which will lose a few gold and, with a small chance, some of the equipped gear!

At least a very well known question for games that are not released:When will this game be finished?^^
This is the great question, that we have been asking ourselves too many times! We have got some difficulties and our expects have been destroyed many times. Anyway, I can happily tell you that in this moment we are testing a private alpha with a very reduced group of people and everything seems to be working fine. Very soon, maybe in a week or less, we will open this demo to our fans. This demo will not include the combat, but we hope finish it while people is testing the demo.

Matthias Hickl
April 2nd, 2012, 11:53
I like the idea to weaken a party that only has a few online players so that people have to make taktics and stay in contact.
Because of the story...thats sad but i understand that other things are more important at this moment.
I hope there will be more languages later and as i sayd there is no need to focus on that tight now.
The pvp system sounds awesome.I see a lot of deep gameplay there but i dont like the idea of hiding in a town to be safe.So whats about stealing in towns?
It would be a skill that is very hard to get and if you fail to steal from someone it can have serious consequences for you.There should be a passive skill too that you can train to make it harder to steal from you.Or a other option to harm players in towns(not huge ones like rushing in a town and kill players).For the stealing just money would be enough to steal.

Well the games name is guild masters so im not surprised because of a great guild system^^

There is one other thing i want to know:you talked because of the combat system...how will the combat system look?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Guild Masters
April 3rd, 2012, 04:27
There is one other thing i want to know:you talked because of the combat system...how will the combat system look?

The combat is turn based. Every combatant will have a fixed time (30s) to submit the orders with the action they want to perform (attack, defend, use a skill or spell, chose targets, use a potion, etc). When the timer is up, actions of all combatants are executed at the same time and a new turn starts. The combat will finish when all party members have fallen or surrended.

Matthias Hickl
April 3rd, 2012, 04:59
Sounds very nice...keep going.
I hope we all can meet ingame soon^^

Orik
April 23rd, 2012, 22:40
registred for this game LONG ago, hope i can be in beta, keep going guys!! people from all around the world seems to support, im from canada we got the other guy who is german and you guys are from Spain lol

Alex
April 25th, 2012, 07:36
Thank you. Beta will arrive very soon at last. We already got some servers and we have running an alpha version on our them. Soon we will open this demo to everybody and we will email to all people who subscribed at our page.

Thank you everybody for your support.

Orik
April 29th, 2012, 01:48
We can't go on the FB page,
Hopefully everything is fine.

Orik
April 29th, 2012, 01:49
Not FoundThe requested URL / was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Alex
April 29th, 2012, 17:20
Yes, alpha version is running only for internal testing. Very soon we will move to beta and will open the demo to everybody. I'll let you know

Orik
July 12th, 2012, 10:59
news please?

Guild Masters
July 16th, 2012, 12:14
Combat module is almost finished, just implementing special attacks (skills and spells) and monsters' abilites. A month away to release the open beta testing. Thank you for your patience!

Orik
August 5th, 2012, 00:13
2weeks!! gogo

carlosmt
October 18th, 2012, 00:49
Beta Demo Released!!!
http://apps.facebook.com/guildmasters/