PDA

View Full Version : suggestions

Lukasz Kanarek
October 17th, 2012, 19:04
Hi,

1st suggestion:
reskill/restat option, were all "noobs" and we don't really know what skills are good, or how many points we need in some stats.
You could make that first reskill/restat is buyable for gold and the next one for diamonds only.

2nd suggestion:
make items more interesting, we need to have some rare, unique items or maybe set items. Now items are really boring, i don't really care if i get items from missions because i can buy the same items in shop.
Oh and another ****** thing is that i have 6 lvl and i'm getting from missions items for lvl 14...

Kurgan
October 18th, 2012, 17:34
Hi,

1st suggestion:
reskill/restat option, were all "noobs" and we don't really know what skills are good, or how many points we need in some stats.
You could make that first reskill/restat is buyable for gold and the next one for diamonds only.

How about the first skill reset and first stat reset would be completely free? This is done in many games, and seems to be popular, as well as fair to players. After the first skill/stat resets, then resets should cost 100 diamonds, then 200 diamonds, then 300 diamonds, etc.

2nd suggestion:
make items more interesting, we need to have some rare, unique items or maybe set items. Now items are really boring, i don't really care if i get items from missions because i can buy the same items in shop.
Oh and another ****** thing is that i have 6 lvl and i'm getting from missions items for lvl 14...

I actually came to this sub-forum to make a similar suggestion. I'd love to see rare, unique, and set items, as well. Also, I think jewelry items should ALWAYS have a bonus on them, no matter how great or small. I've received quite a few items that have bonuses on them, through missions, but have yet to see any rings or amulets that any bonuses on them, with exception of the shop items (which I feel are way too highly priced). As far getting items above your level, you have several options. You can either save the items until you "grow" into them, sell them outright, or place them on the market for others to purchase and use.

Please don't take offence, but I have a small suggestion for you. When making a suggestion, try to avoid using words like "boring" and "******". Make your suggestions more constructive, and remember you're talking to people who have dedicated time, money, and talent to make a game that you're playing for free. Remember, I don't want to argue, and I'm not trying to disrespect you, but as the saying goes, you catch more flies with honey, than vinegar. Just something to think about. ;)

Alex
October 18th, 2012, 19:30
Thank you both. Don't worry I didn't feel offended, I'm sure it was just a way of talking, and those are nice suggests.We want to build the game along the community!

Yesterday somebody emailed us asking for a restart, and then I though to implement for a character restart. I wrote it in the incoming features post. Well, I thought on offering a character restart for free if you are under level 5, and for diamonds if you are above level 5. What do you think of this?

Alex
October 18th, 2012, 19:38
And I have been just this afternoon reviewing the generation of the treasures.

I made treasures dependent of the quest. So if you are alone, you can get items for your level, but if you are in a party, your size in level is lower respect to the quest. A level 15 quest can be done for one character of level 15, or five characters of level 3. So on this last case you will get higher level items. We could limit the level of the item you get. What do you think?

Kurgan
October 18th, 2012, 21:02
Thank you both. Don't worry I didn't feel offended, I'm sure it was just a way of talking, and those are nice suggests.We want to build the game along the community!

Yesterday somebody emailed us asking for a restart, and then I though to implement for a character restart. I wrote it in the incoming features post. Well, I thought on offering a character restart for free if you are under level 5, and for diamonds if you are above level 5. What do you think of this?

Sounds good to me, because this would be great for trying a new class. However, I still think reseting stats and/or skills is something that should also be considered.

Kurgan
October 18th, 2012, 21:06
And I have been just this afternoon reviewing the generation of the treasures.

I made treasures dependent of the quest. So if you are alone, you can get items for your level, but if you are in a party, your size in level is lower respect to the quest. A level 15 quest can be done for one character of level 15, or five characters of level 3. So on this last case you will get higher level items. We could limit the level of the item you get. What do you think?

Well, like I said earlier, there are always options if you get equipment that's too high a level for one's self. Also, the marketplace is flourishing, and there's always the blacksmith, for those items that players need, incase their drops are too high a level.

Guild Masters
October 19th, 2012, 08:06
That's fine when we implement the scharacter restart we also will consider the stats and the skill reset.

About the treasures, we'd like that they don't be only junk to sell, and we will think something. We can limit the level of the items to the level of the higher character in the party, keeping the same value.

Our starting idea were including rare and set items, but the development has been extended too much and we had to leave that temporary, but we will inlcude them in the future!

Lukasz Kanarek
October 19th, 2012, 10:47
ofc i don't want to be offensive, i just want to be honest and I really want this game to be great.

My new suggestion is that the reward(gold+exp) for doing quests in party should be buffed.
My last full party was disbanded because ppl realised that they will get more exp and lvl up faster when they will play solo. When someone play solo he got more exp, more gold and more items, he propably can't do hard quest but still he got more exp from easy quests then party from hard quests. oh and i also think that reward for longer quest should be better, short > long quests now.

Thats all for now :)

Orik
October 19th, 2012, 12:21
I agree with Lukasz, but I would add that if you die in the party then you need to heal yourself manually so you can get xp again and participate.

Guild Masters
October 19th, 2012, 15:27
We are hearing your ideas and we are taking some more new ideas about this, and we will make some changes soon. We will share with the community when we have a draft of this.

Kurgan
October 20th, 2012, 18:20
Partying, at this point in the game development, just doesn't benefit high level players. Also, if players could actually heal offline players, it would be of great benefit to those who want to power level their party while they're the only one online.

Guild Masters
October 21st, 2012, 13:08
Partying, at this point in the game development, just doesn't benefit high level players. Also, if players could actually heal offline players, it would be of great benefit to those who want to power level their party while they're the only one online.

Yer you are right, partying is probably not too worthy just at this point of the development, but this will be totally different with the active skills: teamwork at battles will be the key.

We have considered several times about healing offline players, but we don't want to do this because it would get things easy for people who use clones at their party, instead active and real people.

These are the reasons for what you should party:

Flanking targets (multiple attackers): Each attacker against a same target get increaset his ATT score by 50% for each extra attacker. If two attackers attack a same target, each attacker get +50% ATT bonus. 3 attackers +100%, 4 attackers +150%... Not sure if this is being displayed at any place. If not, it should be.
Coordinating turns and teamwork: If every member has a specialization and every player plays his role, this party will be very much stronger that the mere sum of their members. For instance, a tank player is defending while wizards cast fireballs on the enemy. Priests heal damage over the tank and strength the whole party with their auras. Scouts can develop skills to increase adventuring features of the party (speed, size, ambushes...).
Playing with friends is much more funny that playing solo :)

Isildur
October 23rd, 2012, 06:56
This last post is VERY informative. I could not understand why lower level monsters were hitting me harder when there were a few of them.

I think once ambushes and special skills are enabled, people will be forced to stop playing solo. I know I will :).

Flame
October 28th, 2012, 20:36
So according to another thread, these are some of the things that are apparently coming:

Active skills. In development.
Ambushes (raids) party vs. party. In development.
Replenishment Time (minimum time between quests to have time to equip/heal before another party member launches you to adventuring).
Include info or your equipped item at the info window of every item.
Battle animations and effects (blows, damage, etc.).
Alliances.
Option for deleting characters for a new start. We will also consider stats and skills reset.
Mini-chat for the battles.
Rare and Set Items.

Sounds fantastic, except for a few things:

Replenishment Time (minimum time between quests to have time to equip/heal before another party member launches you to adventuring).
-I feel this is unnecessary. I play this regularly with some very good friends. We communicate through FB chat or Skype while we're gaming. We all know which target who is going to hit, when we arrive back at the town to heal and equip, etc., and we make sure that we're all ready before setting off again. We don't want to wait on no stinking timer to tell us when we can and cannot go. There are other games that do that and they're not fun. What if we're ready before the timer says we can go? Why can't people just communicate effectively within their party? It's not like we haven't been given the resources for that. Helloooo! You provided us with walls all over the place! I say no timer!

Include info or your equipped item at the info window of every item.
-Please elaborate.

Battle animations and effects (blows, damage, etc.).
-Umm... Please, I beg you, no. The draw of this game is the simplicity of it. If I wanted a video game, I'd go play a video game. I actually have played a video game and this holds a higher appeal for me. I played Drakensang Online (which has a World of Warcraft feel to it) for the last several months and I prefer this game. I haven't even looked at Drakensang since I started playing GM. Also, right now I can play GM from my phone pretty easily. What's going to happen if you add all these animations and effects? It won't load as easily, for one. Might drain my battery faster. Might not work at all. There are some games I can't get to on my phone because of their animations. GM will lose it's appeal if I don't have the ability to access it via my cellphone.

Just my two cents.

Kurgan
October 28th, 2012, 21:07
Crystal, I agree with both of your suggestions.

About the item windows, basically, it would show, alongside the primary item window, another window, which presents what you currently have equipped. So, if you are looking at a dagger with +1 attack at the blacksmith, you can mouse over it and see all it's stats, at the same time, a parallel window would open, showing what you already have equipped, so you can compare the two.

This is opposed to going to the BS, seeing the dagger and it's stats, then having to go to your character sheet to see the stats of what's currently equipped. Basically, it's just a sensible time saver that most everyone will like, and most games already use. ;)

Alex
October 29th, 2012, 05:26
Thank you for clarifying, Kurgan. Basically, that's the idea, compare the item whose info details you are seeing with the item you have equipped.

Crystal, about the battle animations, don't worry. I was not meaning about animated avatars fighting or something like that. I meant just very simple animations, as very simple animation to see who is atacking you or floating numbers over each combatant with the damage suffered. They are not thought to make it prettier. They are thought to easily read the turn results quickly.

I am answering the other point in the proper thread: http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?779-Resupply-Time

Lukasz Kanarek
October 29th, 2012, 05:52
I would love to see heal button under our vitality points on mine screen, it would save some time, ofc active only in town.

Alex
October 29th, 2012, 06:25
I would love to see heal button under our vitality points on mine screen, it would save some time, ofc active only in town.

Nice idea. I will add it to the tasks queue.

Isildur
October 29th, 2012, 11:36
It would also be nice having send gifts/gold buttons for each follower directly from followers & squad screen. That would save tons of time, as right now you have to visit each follower's profile to send items/gold to him/her.

Kurgan
October 29th, 2012, 23:49
It would also be nice having send gifts/gold buttons for each follower directly from followers & squad screen. That would save tons of time, as right now you have to visit each follower's profile to send items/gold to him/her.

Great idea.

Alex
October 30th, 2012, 03:43

:)ยก We will see if we can make some space in the followers list to add these buttons :)

Flame
October 31st, 2012, 21:42
I think we should have a way to message all our followers at once. It'd be helpful for saying things like, "Oh, I have a level such and such kind of so and so if anyone needs this particular item.. etc." or, "I have a Skype room where you can group up for quests and make new friends" and stuff like that. In Knighthood we had a wall that could be accessed by anyone in our kingdom. In King Of The World we are able to make ruler announcements to all our subjects.

Alex
November 1st, 2012, 18:27
I think we should have a way to message all our followers at once...

Nice idea. We could send a message to every follower wall, or make a sort of pinboard next to your master info at your profile. We will think about it. Thank you!

Alex
November 1st, 2012, 18:33
To anyone who is going to reply to this thread:

Please, for new suggestions open a new thread at the Suggestions Forum instead replying to this thread. It is hard to track all different suggestions in this thread and I wan't not to miss any of these interesting suggestions.

Thank you! :)

Flame
November 2nd, 2012, 13:11
Yah, cause it'd be totally awesome if I could message my followers and only they could see...