PDA

View Full Version : Fighters as a Human Shields

Marshall Jones
October 18th, 2012, 03:07
First, sorry about my English.

I think it's very important to have a very good Fighter in your party, with a very hight level of defense.

If a party have one or more like this, and good range team with hight level of attack, you can find quest with no range enemies, and you can do it easy.

But I have a question, ¿the exp is equal for all the party or it depends on your actions on the fight?

And one more thing if you are going to follow this strategy. Give money to the fighter. He is going to spend a lot of money healing.

Alex
October 18th, 2012, 08:07
These are called tanks, characters whose main objective is to attracting attacks over the party, while his companions blow without worrying about defend. I think that priests will fit better as tanks, since they have defensive and healing skills.

Experience points are distribute among all players in the party, but it is weighted by players size: a party with a size 3 fighter and a size 1 wizard, experience goes to the fighter by 75% and to wizard by %25. Actions made by players during fight does not affect to this sharing.

Good point about give money to the tanks. Teamwork is the key in Guild Masters. You will realize this on ambushes (party vs party) :D

Justin Sean Johnson
November 3rd, 2012, 21:37
It is good to use a tank if your tank is online at the time and can heal himself, but if he is offline it doesn't work well.

Camille
November 6th, 2012, 12:21
I party with a priest very often. Because of his skill point distribution and the nature of his arms and ESPECIALLY because his skills aren't activated, he progresses half as fast as me. I'm getting a large chunk of the xp from our quests and often, he gets killed. So no xp. When we bring the scouts along, he goes through gold healing, and getting no xp while they take absolutely no damage. I think one of our scouts racked up thousands upon thousand of points yesterday without a scratch and she wasn't even online. Dave can't get bigger size for bigger xp if the game makes him nothing but a meat shield. So, the question:

When will priests be able to play on par with the rest of us. I don't want him to get discouraged quit.

Isildur
November 6th, 2012, 12:44
Honestly, Camille, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish. It's been said several times that skills will be enabled soon, when they're ready. It's been also said several times that this is a beta, and weshould be patiend with these things. Wizards are on a similar situation, because without the spells, wizards are a lower version of scouts right now. Not many high level warriors are willing to party with me right now.

Also, take into account that surviving in a party depends directly on user's size inside the party. Player levels might be similar, but a player with powerful followers in his/her squad might be twice or even more times bigger than the rest of the party members. And if the party plays high level quests, "bigger" players will have a higher chance to survive, specially if they are ranged players (wizards or scouts) in a party with melee players.

All these thigs will be different as soon as skills are enabled (I have a massive fireball skill waiting to be tested...), and this won't be long according to what's been said in other posts. And when exactly is "soon"? Well, it can be tomorrow or in a week, but soon enough to be "soon". Do not expect a smooth gameplay experience on a beta 3 weeks old or you'll get really frustrated.

I like very much your enthusiasm, as I feel pretty much the same about this game. Just take it easy, and try getting the best out of what's currently available... and expect the best from what's yet to come ;).

Camille
November 6th, 2012, 12:55
He asked me to ask the question. And I did. OK no more forum for me. People take too much offense. Ciao.

Isildur
November 6th, 2012, 13:19
I'm really sorry to hear that :(. Didn't pretend to sound "offended" or "offensive" by any means. It's just that probably I have very different expectations for the game at this beta stage, and it's hard for me to understand why you keep posting certain things on a daily basis. I would understand if the game was already on a stable stage, but at this moment...

Please accept my apologies if my post was offensive to you in any way.

Alex
November 6th, 2012, 15:21
Calm down, I'm sure that Isildur didn't felt offended and didn't want to offend. Many times written language cannot communicate actual feelings and avobe all, language limitations don't let us to express properly what we want, in the way we want to do. Hope you both could solve your differences in the battlefield :D

We are working more than 12h daily, 7 days in a week to bring ambushes asap. Cannot be more precise at this respect.

Flame
November 6th, 2012, 16:36
Honestly, Camille, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish.

That was rude. What she's trying to accomplish? She's just trying to help. And she was asking for our priest friend. He's having a rough time. She wasn't criticizing, she wasn't demanding or insisting. She was asking. Plain and simple.

We've been through soooo many games since Knighthood was shut down. We're here because YOU guys came to OUR FB group and asked us former KH'ers to come try out your game. Well, here we are. We're trying it out and giving our thoughts where we thought you wanted them. We realize this isn't a finished product. We realize it's still under development. But honestly, if you don't want to hear what we have to say, don't ask. These are thoughts and opinions from people who have been around the gaming community for a while. We honestly like this game and want to see it succeed otherwise we wouldn't be here and we wouldn't still be asking people to come try it out. Yes, y'all are working hard to get the game going, but we're not taking it easy either. I spammed like, 5 or 6 friends last night just trying to get them in here. We just want to be able to say, yes, it's being worked on and here's where it's going. So our thoughts and suggestions and questions come from wanting to be able to give answers and encouragement to our friends.

Alex
November 6th, 2012, 17:05
We're here because YOU guys came to OUR FB group and asked us former KH'ers to come try out your game.

I just want to clarify that Isildur is not part of Otherwind, he is not developer and he doesn't ever know what is knighthood. He is just a friend who is helping with the forum administration just because development consumes all our time and the lack of resources makes forum administration hard for us.

Dave North
November 6th, 2012, 17:28
I am the person that is having a rough time. I am guild master the master of the guild of priests and my experience of this game is not a positive one. reading the up and coming skills I can see no skills that will improve my gaming experience. I have attributed my Stat points as outlined in the present documentation and so far have very little to show for it.
Isildur (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/member.php?406-Isildur) ​ If you are not a member of the developing team then I do not see why you are replying to people's messages as though you are. You would do better to listen to what people are saying and keep your mouth closed on matters regarding the game and moderate the forum as instructed.

Dave North
November 6th, 2012, 17:36
And Isildur you have offended my friend thus breaking Otherwind's code of conduct. When you replied to apologise there was no point in replying, as she stated her intention to not return to the forum. Now one paying player's lasting impression of the forum will be harsh offending replies to reasonable questions.
But do not fear, next time I talk too my friend I shall tell her that Isildur wasn't even qualified to reply to her comments, let alone in the condescending manner in which he did. I hope the next person Otherwind chooses to replace Isildur with has a reasonable grasp of the English language.