PDA

View Full Version : Update 1.01.018

Guild Masters
October 24th, 2012, 07:09
This update has been deployed on Oct 24, 2012 (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=11&day=2012-10-24&c=1):

Release Notes

Dead (defeated) players are no more getting XP (thieir sharing of XP is lost, and it won't score for the completed quests count).
Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned (no matter if they are consecutive or not). <- Quest counting will
[Human Verification (captcha) added when you launch a quest, to avoid bots farming xp, gold and achievements.] <- We are going to revert this change.
First turn syncing in combats has been fixed. Tutorial combat is no more skipped.
Getting the Guilds ready to include Kickstarter rewards.
New Items images: Cuirass Metal, Padded Armor, Turban.

Feel free to discuss, ask for clarification or report any mistake in the implementation.

Isildur
October 24th, 2012, 09:19
I have a couple of questions:

Dead players are no more getting XP (thieir sharing of XP is lost.
What do you mean by "dead players"? Players inactive for a long time?

Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned.
Does this apply to every quest or just to consecutive ones?

Thanks!

Guild Masters
October 24th, 2012, 10:39
Dead players are no more getting XP (thieir sharing of XP is lost.
What do you mean by "dead players"? Players inactive for a long time?

No, I mean players fallen in combat, defeated players. When you were killed, party could win the battle and you were still earning xp but now defeated players doesn't got any XP though their party wins the battle.

I have a couple of questions:
Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned.
Does this apply to every quest or just to consecutive ones?

It is applied to every quest. We have the count of how many quests you complete in each difficulty, and your xp earned at that quest with that difficulty is going down each time you complete it, no matter if it is consecutive or not.

Fran Rodriguez
October 24th, 2012, 10:55
The party completed the quest The Mysterious Statue at difficulty hard
Your party found a treasure! Your part of the bounty is 234 gold coins and 1 items (http://www.guildmasters.com/Game/Character.aspx). This battle has been fought too many times to learn anything new. You don?t earn any XP points.

This is not normal, if you are questing with group for a time, and after that you do it solo, you have to do early misions again, so i cannot understand this limitation. For a Warroir is not posible to earn money and get new missions everytime, the temple gets all the money we earn, and more.

Spanish:
Esto no es normal, a veces para muchos es mas rentable en coste de tiempo, dinero, y coste de regeneracion en templo, hacer misiones mas pequeñas, que otras mas grandes, Ya avise en la beta para que se capasen estas misiones en el conteo de los logros, pero ¿eliminar la xp?, esto es un error gordo. Que pasa si haces una mision, en easy un munero de vecees, en medium despues y en hard luego, ¿que las hard ya no te daran xp? suele dar mas xp y es mas completable una hard que las easy y medium siguientes, plantearse esto seriamente, porque la jugabilidad va a caer. De esta forma la gente y los Guerreros en general nunca tendran un duro.

Lukasz Kanarek
October 24th, 2012, 11:16
I'm really sad now, hate this changes.

Captcha: I can understand that you don't want bots etc. but not before EVERY quest, 1 time per hour or so would be enough. It's just frustrating and waste of time. When i have time to play I really want to do quests as fast as possible!!!

Repeating the same quest/difficulty - You hurting very active players with this change.

Alex
October 24th, 2012, 11:45
The party completed the quest The Mysterious Statue at difficulty hard
Your party found a treasure! Your part of the bounty is 234 gold coins and 1 items. This battle has been fought too many times to learn anything new. You don’t earn any XP points.

This is not normal, if you are questing with group for a time, and after that you do it solo, you have to do early misions again, so i cannot understand this limitation. For a Warroir is not posible to earn money and get new missions everytime, the temple gets all the money we earn, and more.

....(please use only English at the forums)

We understand your frustration. Due to limitations of the unfinished development in the beta version, all players have used to a gameplay which is not the gameplay we are looking for. Completing dozens of quests mechanically every day, not being important to attend to the combat screen, too similar to the click-and-reward mafia-like games, is not the kind of game we want to build.

You completed 60 times the gargoyle quest in hard difficulty. It’s time to move on. I think it is right that you should not to earn any xp from a quest which is much below of your size. I even had suggestions of removing so lower quests of the quest panel, but this solution is less aggressive since you can still get some no-risky gold.

We are more looking for a classic role-playing game, where you have to take care at battles. If players have not enough gold to heal after every quest, it is fine. Look for a party who take care of their warriors. You can also make no-risky quests to get enough gold to heal and then go again for the higher quests.

Keep in mind that leveling 30 levels in a week is really insane and this cannot go on or we will have no game after a month of gaming.

Alex
October 24th, 2012, 11:50
I'm really sad now, hate this changes.

Captcha: I can understand that you don't want bots etc. but not before EVERY quest, 1 time per hour or so would be enough. It's just frustrating and waste of time. When i have time to play I really want to do quests as fast as possible!!!

Repeating the same quest/difficulty - You hurting very active players with this change.

Yes I know, I also hate captchas but it is the only way to slow down bots. A game without captchas but full of bots is not a nice scenary, and we will have to bear this to avoid that. We have implemented a very, very easy captcha to minimize the nuisance. The alternative to captchas is much worse; we won't build a click-and-reward game full of bots.

Alex
October 24th, 2012, 13:30
Yes I know, I also hate captchas but it is the only way to slow down bots. A game without captchas but full of bots is not a nice scenary, and we will have to bear this to avoid that. We have implemented a very, very easy captcha to minimize the nuisance. The alternative to captchas is much worse; we won't build a click-and-reward game full of bots.

Well we are hearing you and we finally are going to remove the captcha, as we see that the xp reduction will slow down bots, while we study a better alternative to captcha.

Lukasz Kanarek
October 24th, 2012, 13:43
With this xp reduction change you really should wait untill you give us active skills. Now i can't do quests that i liked, and the others are too hard for mage without skills.

Isildur
October 24th, 2012, 13:54
I fully support the idea of building a game which is not just another click-and-reward one. You guys have always been focused on creating something really innovative, and I think you should keep doing that.

However, I'm also very happy with the decision to remove captcha. I think that the benefits relating bots prevention obtained from that measure are at least as big as the prejudices caused to genuine players. I'm sure you'll find a better way to avoid bots taking over the game, while still allowing intensive players to keep playing hard ;).

I understand this is a beta, and I expect big disruptive changes from time to time (not on a weekly basis, of course, but quite often). I'll try to help fine tuning playability while having fun :D.

Alex
October 24th, 2012, 13:58
With this xp reduction change you really should wait untill you give us active skills. Now i can't do quests that i liked, and the others are too hard for mage without skills.

You are right, Lukasz. In our plan is essential these special skills and also the ambushes, which will give you a new source of experience and fun. We will try to bring them asap, but the important thing is that when we finish the beta and will start the full game, all of we will be pleased with the state of the game :)¡

I fully support the idea of building a game which is not just another click-and-reward one. You guys have always been focused on creating something really innovative, and I think you should keep doing that.

However, I'm also very happy with the decision to remove captcha. I think that the benefits relating bots prevention obtained from that measure are at least as big as the prejudices caused to genuine players. I'm sure you'll find a better way to avoid bots taking over the game, while still allowing intensive players to keep playing hard http://www.otherwind.com/forum/images/smilies/friendly_wink.png.

I understand this is a beta, and I expect big disruptive changes from time to time (not on a weekly basis, of course, but quite often). I'll try to help fine tuning playability while having fun http://www.otherwind.com/forum/images/smilies/congratulatory.png.

Thank you, oh Guild Master of Wizards :D, your help and support is unvaluable!!

SirKlasu
October 24th, 2012, 15:10
Dead (defeated) players are no more getting XP (thieir sharing of XP is lost, and it won't score for the completed quests count).

well now we need active AI to change defaul action from attack to defence or other skill. so our fighters/clerics/tank could get something off from their quest while they are away from action.

Guild Masters
October 24th, 2012, 15:43
well now we need active AI to change defaul action from attack to defence or other skill. so our fighters/clerics/tank could get something off from their quest while they are away from action.

We already have been thinking time ago about that, certainly it would be really useful feature, but it also would benefit greatly to bots and we want to favor online players over offline players. We have not reject this feature either, just delayed our decision about implement it or not.

Orik
October 24th, 2012, 16:26
The XP you'll make upon doing the quest should be shown, i though i was about to do 1200 but i did 42..

Alex
October 24th, 2012, 16:38
The XP you'll make upon doing the quest should be shown, i though i was about to do 1200 but i did 42..

The XP shown on the quest buttons is the XP for the whole party. Your sharing will be this amount weighthed by your size in the party.

Then the final amount will be reduced if you make the same quest many times. In a day or two we will show a sort of indicator to let you know how good is the quest for you and for your companions.

Camille
October 25th, 2012, 03:41
Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned (no matter if they are consecutive or not). <- Quest counting will . . .

I belong to a fabulous and active team. We are really excited about this game and are talking it up to our friends. HOWEVER, being that the only game play you're offering right now is questing . . . I have no reason to play anymore. We've been enjoying it . . . . ok, maybe more than most. But now I'm not getting xp most of the time. Why should I play? What is the incentive? I wait for a quest to arrive 30 minutes there then we "win" and I come back with a bit of gold. People who play these games want advancement. I can't wait for the combat elements to come out. But for now, the diamonds I bought serve no purpose because I get no reward for my effort. Very frustrating. Especially you see 2500+ more points to next level and you've been questing for hours and not gotten a point closer.

Isildur
October 25th, 2012, 06:11
Hey Camille, maybe that you say was true after first update, but with the last one quests count was reset and every quest starts from "zero", so you'll be still able to get some experience as you used to while those combat features arrive ;).

Camille
October 25th, 2012, 07:10
Hey Camille, maybe that you say was true after first update, but with the last one quests count was reset and every quest starts from "zero", so you'll be still able to get some experience as you used to while those combat features arrive ;).

This was 4 1/2 hours ago

<tbody>
5/10/2012 8:42:38Private
http://www.guildmasters.com/App_Themes/GuildMasters/Images/Log/adventure.png
Your party found a treasure! Your part of the bounty is 464 gold coins and 1 items (http://www.guildmasters.com/Game/Character.aspx). This battle has been fought too many times to learn anything new. You don’t earn any XP points.

</tbody>

It's not that I don't want to do new quests but not all my team members can handle the higher levels. Especially being handicapped as a priest and wizard with no skills. They die and get no XP either. So we are trying to do those which we can win and not waste resources.

Isildur
October 25th, 2012, 07:19
Well, that's something devs will have to check. In my case, quests that returned a similar message than that you posted are now giving experience again... but the amount earned is slowly going down again with every new quest completed.

Camille
October 25th, 2012, 07:22
I am receiving XP from some quests. Just avoiding those I know I can't use anymore.

Isildur
October 25th, 2012, 07:27
I'm not sure when exactly the last update took place, to be honest. Maybe it was just after that last quest you did.

Anyway, in a couple of days we will hopefully be informed about if a quest will return experience or not in advance:

In a day or two we will show a sort of indicator to let you know how good is the quest for you and for your companions.

Alex
October 25th, 2012, 07:30
Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned (no matter if they are consecutive or not). <- Quest counting will . . .

I belong to a fabulous and active team. We are really excited about this game and are talking it up to our friends. HOWEVER, being that the only game play you're offering right now is questing . . . I have no reason to play anymore. We've been enjoying it . . . . ok, maybe more than most. But now I'm not getting xp most of the time. Why should I play? What is the incentive? I wait for a quest to arrive 30 minutes there then we "win" and I come back with a bit of gold. People who play these games want advancement. I can't wait for the combat elements to come out. But for now, the diamonds I bought serve no purpose because I get no reward for my effort. Very frustrating. Especially you see 2500+ more points to next level and you've been questing for hours and not gotten a point closer.

Hello Camile. Of course we want not to ruin the player gameplay, and we are just looking to slow down bots and encouraging players to move on. To stop getting experience from a quest, you have to repeat about 20-40 times the same quest, at the same difficult level. If you are in a leveled party, every count will be divided by 6 so you have to make about 120-240 times every quest at every difficult level to stop your avancement. With a party size below 60, you can make 14 quests at 3 difficult levels, that is 42 different quests. If you make every quest 120 times, you must complete more than 5000 quests to receive no experience, but if you do, you will unblock much more quests and so you will have more thousands of quests to do. So my thought is that you are bringing forward the events.

I am watching your quests count at the data base and you only made a bunch of quests from the count restart, so you are not getting a real experience reduction.

Of course I fully understand we need to bring all those features we are working on, but remember this is still a beta and we have not launched the full game yet. Also keep in mind that we are willing to work along you and the community to be able to build an enjoyable game, so we won't only heard you, but we will heard, discuss and take decissions with all of you to achieve this goal. The beta version is the place to get this possible, and posting your experience feedback and positive criticism is the right way to get it.

Alex
October 25th, 2012, 07:36
I am receiving XP from some quests. Just avoiding those I know I can't use anymore.

Seeing your quests count, you are still very far to have real penalties. We will upload later today a way for players to see a led per party member to see these penalties.

Camille
October 25th, 2012, 07:54
Thanks for the clarification!! :)