PDA

View Full Version : Follower matching master's rank level [moved from Promotion missed]

Camille
October 25th, 2012, 10:29
I understood that once you get to level 10 you can get another power promotion? I'm 11 but I don't think I've had that option. Maybe I misunderstood. Lost both my followers :( It's so easy to rank up quickly being low.

Rson
October 25th, 2012, 11:05
The 3rd promotion is tricky you need 3 rank 1 followers and be at least level 10 to get promoted. I had to bribe a follower to stop his promotion while I looked for other followers. I eventually found 2 other followers.

Camille
October 25th, 2012, 12:30
I'm doing my best to get people to add the app. I managed to get two people who are now actively playing . . . lost them to a quick rank up at level 5 . . while I'm at level 11. This feature will push people to get accounts added that will not play. I asked my two brothers. But that's not really my concept of gameplay.

Maybe being able to stay with an equal ranked master would be better? Would slow the funneling of power to the top.

Alex
October 25th, 2012, 12:47
If you mouse over your disable button "promotion" you can see the requirements for next promotion. A requirements table can be found at our wiki, at the guilds section: http://www.otherwind.com/wiki/guildmasters/index.php/Guilds

You need aproximately 5 followers of an immediately inferior rank to promote for the next rank. Adding new players to the game can be useful for the first rank levels, but now you need as followers current active players and adding new players is not the solution. We want to add a "send follower" button to increase flexibility of this pyramidal system. Also we want to add a "workers" functionallity where players can hire other players as followers.

Camille
October 25th, 2012, 14:52
You need aproximately 5 followers of an immediately inferior rank to promote for the next rank.

but they level up faster than I can get 5 :s. My brother joined. And if I don't stop him from playing I'll lose him too before I find 4 more people.

Adding new players to the game can be useful for the first rank levels, but now you need as followers current active players and adding new players is not the solution.

How is having active players an advantage? So far, all it's gotten me is lost power.

Alex
October 25th, 2012, 15:02
Don't worry all this will be polished with all incoming changes encouraging followers to choose a master, showing the count of recent xp, and with a growing community of players. Have faith! :)

Kurgan
October 27th, 2012, 12:18
We can all be patient, but I have to admit being a permanent fixture in the Top 10, and only finding one true follower, and not having the chance to promote, can be truly frustrating.

Alex
October 27th, 2012, 18:08
If all our incoming features to encourage followers to choose a master, and to keep a well built pyramidal structure, Camile's suggestion of seize followers could gain more points :)

We will never stop working to get it and I'm sure we all can finally find nice solutions to any problem!

Camille
November 1st, 2012, 06:52
I'm convinced the best solution here is to allow equal ranks to Follow each other and more importantly, make the ranks farther and farther apart as you rank up.

Now, my sheep is ready to promote to rank three. What do I do? Encourage him? It would be in his best interest. He gets new skills and even more skill points. There will be more people who can follow HIM. But me. The one who brought him in the game? What do I get? I wall fall down significantly in the ranks. I will loose loads of power. I will lose my number 1 squad sheep. He's not surpassing me. I have more power and more levels than him. If he had more of those then YES, he should promote out. No, a rank 4 shoudl not be able to Follow a Rank 3 but Rank 3 should be able to stick with a Rank 3 Master.

This is a serious flaw in the game.

Orik
November 1st, 2012, 10:54
Maybe allow them to follow each other if they are ALREADY following.. that could be something.
So A follower cannot be ''droped'' unless the master can now follow the ''New master''
But two of the same guild cannot start following each other if they're of the same Rank.

Justin Sean Johnson
November 3rd, 2012, 22:21
It is a little tough right now, because the number of active players is not high.

Alex
November 4th, 2012, 10:48
It is a little tough right now, because the number of active players is not high.

Right, it will be diferent when we release the full game and we will bring several hundred of players. ;)