PDA

View Full Version : Equipment

Troy Seerveld
October 26th, 2012, 10:38
I have a question on equipment. The only attribute I can go by is the modifiers (+1, +2, etc). I understand that the higher the modifier the better, but how does experience level come into play. I will get an item I can't wear, that has a Level of 9, but still has the same +2 modifier as the one I wear. Is this better because of the higher level needed, or is it just a cosmetic difference, like paper-dolls, where it just look better.

:S

Alex
October 26th, 2012, 11:10
I have a question on equipment. The only attribute I can go by is the modifiers (+1, +2, etc). I understand that the higher the modifier the better, but how does experience level come into play. I will get an item I can't wear, that has a Level of 9, but still has the same +2 modifier as the one I wear. Is this better because of the higher level needed, or is it just a cosmetic difference, like paper-dolls, where it just look better.

The experience level doesn't come in play for your attributes. A weapon +6 ATT with a minimum level 6 is the same for you for a +6 ATT of a minimum level 12. If you can equip both, just choose the one you like more.

But the difference for the item itself is not just a cosmetic matter. Having a +6 weapon at level 6 is a much higher benefits that having a +6 weapon at level 12. So the first weapon will be more expensive. If you look for an item of level 12 at the same quality material than the +6 level 6 item, then you could go for a +12 ATT weapon.

Also, higher level items can hold strongest enchantments, so bonifications from magic imbued will be higher.

At low levels, rounding off bonuses to whole numbers, make equal items with different materials which should be different, actually. But at higher levels this round off will be less noticeable.

carlosmt
November 2nd, 2012, 17:50
Yes, I know. But, in lowest levels, different materials have the same bonus. I would like a broken factor in lower material weapon vs armor, for example in the critical hit and critical failure.

Borbin
November 5th, 2012, 09:10
are really the enchanments working right now? cos i spent most of all my money in a boots 4 def -12 all damage but im still getting hit for the same damage...
just wondering

regards,

Alex
November 5th, 2012, 11:09
are really the enchanments working right now? cos i spent most of all my money in a boots 4 def -12 all damage but im still getting hit for the same damage...
just wondering

regards,

Extra damage and damage reduction magics will be activated in the update we are going to upload in some minutes :)

Bonuses for stats, xp, velocity are already working. Items with active skills will have to wait still a bit.

Borbin
November 5th, 2012, 13:55
ah good to know! ty alex

pd: cheers