PDA

View Full Version : Resupply Time

Guild Masters
October 26th, 2012, 20:01
Sometimes your party companions are launching quests so quickly that you have no time to heal, buy and equip new items, change your squad, accept applies to party... all those actions that can be made only at town. To avoid these situations we are planning to implement a resupply or replenishment time after complete a quest.

During this time, party cannot be launched on adventure, so all members have some minutes to manage anything they need. The couterpart is that because this time, you will make quests a bit slower, though it would favor longer quests rather than closer quests.

What do you think about this? How much time you think it will be fine? 3 mins? 5 mins?

Orik
October 26th, 2012, 20:28
I would like more to see an option ''Do upon arrival'' For exp click an item and instead of Equip now, it would be Equip on arrival which would automaticly equip the item.

Jin
October 26th, 2012, 21:04
I would also like to see an option for diamonds/gold to heal other party members. Perhaps for the Priests? More than once, I have seen someone have to leave in a rush and that can slow things down. Good way to make people burn resources ;)

Alex
October 29th, 2012, 05:43
Replenishment Time (minimum time between quests to have time to equip/heal before another party member launches you to adventuring).
-I feel this is unnecessary. I play this regularly with some very good friends. We communicate through FB chat or Skype while we're gaming. We all know which target who is going to hit, when we arrive back at the town to heal and equip, etc., and we make sure that we're all ready before setting off again. We don't want to wait on no stinking timer to tell us when we can and cannot go. There are other games that do that and they're not fun. What if we're ready before the timer says we can go? Why can't people just communicate effectively within their party? It's not like we haven't been given the resources for that. Helloooo! You provided us with walls all over the place! I say no timer!

Not all parties are so communicative as yours, and many players team together while they are just strangers. This is happening to many people and I have also suffered it! It's very annoying when you are equipping an item and when you click on "equip", it says that you are on adventuring and you cannot equip, and then you have to wait to come back to town again!

For not to slow down active parties as yours, devs have been talking about deploy a button "Ready" so when all party members be ready, the party can go out again. If somebody doesn't click on the ready button or somebody is inactive, there will be a maximum time (this resuplying time we are talking about) and it will be pretty short: 3 minutes, time enough to realize that you are already in town and make what you need (heal at temple, compare/buy items, equip, etc). This 3min counter doesn't need to time's up if every member click on "ready". This button could be available even before arriving to town, it could be clicked just after the combat while you are returning to town, just in case you don't need make anything at town.

Of course, players who play with bots/clones will be slowed down with this measure in the opposite to active parties, what is positive, I think.

Flame
October 29th, 2012, 09:50
Yes, they're strangers. A lot of us here are. But this is is a social game, right? And isn't the point of a "social" game to get to know the people you're playing with?

And, if I'm really being honest, many people here aren't actually strangers. I, for one, am dragging in people from King of the World, people who used to play Knighthood. And the people who are coming in from these other games are starting to group off on quests and group together and some people from each of those groups are getting to know one another and communicate as a team. I mean, isn't that how the game is supposed to be played anyway? I feel like the timer will eliminate the need to communicate and therefore kill part of the social aspect of this game.

Alex
October 29th, 2012, 11:32
I don't agree. This button will make communications easier, it will solve all complaints we have been having on this subject, and it will only slow down a couple of minutes to inactive players and bots.

Flame
October 29th, 2012, 12:13
I think it will cut the need for communication. There won't be anymore, "Is there anything you need to do in town?" "Nope, just heal." "Okay, let me know when you're done." "K, I'm done." "K, new quest sent." We will all be reduced to watching the timer.

Justin Sean Johnson
November 3rd, 2012, 06:35
We need a way to heal offline party members.

Alex
November 3rd, 2012, 07:33
There are lot of actions which cannot be done when traveling:
- Equip items or mounts.
- Heal at temple.
- Manage Squad.
- Join or Leave a Party.
- Accept an applicant when your party or the applicant is traveling.
- Leave a master who is traveling and had you in his squad.

We are receiving feedback about they have no time to make these actions before some party member or your master or somebody else launch a quest again. This resuply will solve several issues:

Will grant you a few time to make your things before your party, master or applicant go launched again for a quest.
Will benefit longer quests over shor quests (people also sent feedback about shorter quests are more profitable than longer quests).
Will benefit active parties about offline players or bots, as active players will can click a "ready" button to skip the resuply time.

Anyway, this "benefits" for active players and long quests and "disadvantages" for bots, offline players and short quests, will be ver slight as this resuply time will be just a couple of minutes.

[Off-Topic discussion has been moved to a new thread: Healing Party Members (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?816-Healing-Party-Members) ]