PDA

View Full Version : Writing Contest 1 - Share Your Story

Kurgan
October 27th, 2012, 13:54
Just a thread for people who want to share their stories from Contest 1...

Kurgan
October 27th, 2012, 13:55
Title: Something in the Water

Sub-Title: The Royal Guard has asked you to thin out the wererat population under the castle.

Description: The rumors of wererats below the castle has brought you to the steps of the Royal Guard's main guardhouse. As you step inside the guardhouse, you see battle weary soldiers, including the head guard. As you approach the head guard, he raises his brow and smiles slightly.

"You there!", the head guard says, looking directly at you. "You look like a person in need of work, and judging by the size of that weapon you carry, I doubt you're looking for the Farmer's Guild. In fact, I'd say it's no coincidence you're here. As you may have heard, we have a bit of a wererat problem here at the castle. My guards are spread a bit thin, well with keeping the nasty beasts out of the castle itself and all."

His face grows stern and serious, as he continues, "While we're busy trying to keep the citizenry safe, the creatures breed beneath our very feet. That's where you come in. We need adventurers like yourself to clear the sewers of wererats. It's dangerous work, but you'll be paid for your efforts. Do you accept?"

Alex
October 27th, 2012, 17:57
Thank you for sharing :) I would shared all them but I'm not sure if people want to keep their submissions in private, so it's great this thread for people to share them for themselves!

Orik
October 27th, 2012, 18:53
Nice thread wish i could read more!

Kurgan
October 28th, 2012, 06:53
I'd love to see more stories too. I'd also like to see more people in the forums. How can we get more people to register and become more active in the forums?

Justin Sean Johnson
November 3rd, 2012, 20:48
We need an announcement-type thing in the game, directing people here.

Isildur
November 5th, 2012, 14:47
We need an announcement-type thing in the game, directing people here.

+1

Galric79
March 22nd, 2016, 18:07
Long while back i started a writing session about our ingame characters,
sadly i lost most of the details when a harddrive gave up, lost most if not all what i had written and copied from game talks from wall writings
no idea what level we where but around 40's -60's is my guesss,and yes i shamelesly used ingame characters [Sorry Alex :) ]

Second in command, he’s called, second in command of the new Guild Master of the Scouts Guild.
How he hates to be named so, “Damn the gods, I’m just a Scout for crying out loud!”
He sneers, lying on his new bed in his new room “belonging” to his new rank.
A freshly made fire sputters in the hearth, his own hearth, in his own room.
Years of hunting and tracking through the wood turned his skin dark as oak and hardened his body.
Years of mercenary work colored his skin further and hardened his body even more as well as decorated it with scars from numerous battles.
“Never should have left the woods, outrunning a wild boar is easier then avoiding these political games from the nobles and the guilds”.
Falling back in the pillows with his hands behind head Galric starts to wander of in his memories of easier times, when the only thing that mattered was hunting down his next meal, and Shiro.
A face he hasn’t seen in a year since she left the Dark Raven Mercenaries in answer from a letter from her stepfather Alex.
And now that same face walked into the Castle of the Guilds on the side of Zab , recently de-throned Guild Mistress of the Scouts.

20 years ago

The hunt was fruitful, the boar that hangs sputtering over the fire didn’t go down without a fight though.
fifteen year old Garion is sitting next to the fire bandaging the large cut the boar cut in his side on his last charge.
“you where a tough bastard pig”, he sais to the gleaming carcass over the fire.
”a full day of tracking was needed to find you and in the end you got a piece of me as well, after I eat you this will cost me another trip to the temple for healing”
As an orphan he took any job from the farmers he could get , and if there where no jobs from the farmers communities around Kittery Point. He went to the Quest board in the town,
to find any quest or help wanted for some gold and heavy needed experience.
Because he was of the age of fifteen he was to old to be stealing food or items from the market stalls like all the young petty thieves or pickpocketing on the docks or the markets,
even outgrown the cheating and swindling of strangers as the rest of the rogues.
He wasn’t that desperate and loved his limbs attached to his body, so the moment he turned thirteen he went to Solkor the hunter from the Scouts Guild.
He begged and annoyed the hunter till he took him in as a follower and agreed to give him training and some gear to start in his new profession.
The training was hard and ruthless, and Galric enjoyed every minute of it.
Even the initiation ceremony where he had to live in the woods for 3 months with nothing but his main weapon and his recently learned skills,
did not falter his resolve to become a real Scout Guild member.

“Galric!” a voice booms as Galric comes out of the temple of healing,” you did it again my friend”
Two figures stand in the shadow of one of the temple pillars. Galric recognizes his oldest friends , Rivanen a tall broad-shouldered Warrior from the Fighters Guild and Gafgarion,
a Nun from the Priest Guild.
“Rivanen !” Galric shouts back, “They still haven’t recruited you to be an announcer for the arena? I believe they barely heard you on the docks on the other side of town”
Grinning the tall warrior grabs Galrics wrist in the ancient warrior-handshake
“Really Riva?”Gafgarion exclaims wiggling with a finger in one ear ”I think you just blew out one of my eardrums, this will cost me my free healing of today”.
“Don’t complain so much” Riva tells her grinning over his shoulder, “you don’t listen to any of us anyway”
Smiling Galric looks at them, the team again together. Ever since they were little in the orphanage they banded together. And where responsible for most mishaps before they
got the age to enter one of the four guilds that run the realm.

Now of an age and official Guild members they often took quests alone , to harden their bodies with experience or to collect gold to buy better equipment at the local blacksmith
or from one of the foreign market stands.
“My friends let us celebrate , I got my earnings from the last quest so I can at least offer you one round of ale on me,” Galric tells them. ”Let’s go to The Baron Inn, Isabella must be waiting for us, we haven’t been there for at least a week.”
“we where waiting for you, you know,” Gafgarion sais,” we’ve finished our quests yesterday already.”
“That’s because both of you were riding mules, I had to run to my quest point and back again to heal up “ Galric murmurs.

“You’ll get yours soon enough if you would check the achievements buddy,”Rivanen tells him” don’t just screw around doing your own thing, pay attention for once “
“yeah yeah, it’s been hard to focus ever since Solkor left for the main city, I’ve still got no idea why he left.” Galric shakes his head not understanding, while they enter the premises of The Baron Inn.
Inside they are greeted with familiar smells, laughter and murmurs of the patrons.

For Years the inn has been a safe haven for the three friends, the owner Isabella let’s them sleep in the stables for free now and then, when they’ve spend their gold on new equipment and have nothing left to rent a room. In return they watch over the four-year old daughter of Isabella. Even at such a young age the resemblance between mother and daughter Shiro is stunning.
Four years ago Isabella came into town, few months pregnant, bought the inn from the former owner and has been a steady part from the three friends lives.
Rumors spread by visiting salesmen from the main city claim that Isabella was once a promising member of the Wizards Guild, and that she was excommunicated when an affair with a high lord came to light.
The three friends never found anyone who could tell them the name of that high lord , so after some years they never looked into Isabella’s history again.
They were present at the wedding of Isabella and the Warrior Alex, Gafgarion holding the small Shiro and Rivanen and Galric being the best men ,when Isabella and Alex where exchanging their vows.
Alex although a member of the Warrior Guild has always been more interested in Tactics and development and ways to improve the guilds and their actions.
Developments wich cost a lot of gold since no one would support his ideas without a clear idea what he was talking about.
Wich lead him to be away a lot leaving Isabella to take care of the Inn and little Shiro.