PDA

View Full Version : Dis-service limiting experience points.

Troy Seerveld
November 2nd, 2012, 16:16
I think it was a disservice to put a limit on quest xp. With only a limited number of quests to do, you can't get anywhere. It was fun to see my level go up, and that's what kept me playing. Not I have to play for hours, knowing my step up of 64 pts of xp each time is going to take forever. Right now the games is Quest...Temple....Quest...Temple...and repeat in that fashion. :S

As a casual game, it's too much grinding and repetitive tasks.

Orik
November 2nd, 2012, 16:19
I've been doing fine with xp with this new change, I just do all quest on easy solo, then when they are all yellow i go back and do them on medium which i couldn't handle earlier then I'll do some at hard. don't be scared to go back in your old qudest and do them on a tougher difficultie or do some harder one on easy.. That's the key!

Troy Seerveld
November 2nd, 2012, 16:30
A lot of my quest are already red. The hard mode/ higher level quest are too hard at my level, I get killed almost every time. I appreciate the time and suggestion you have provided. I don't need another "working" game. So thanks, not enough here to keep my attention anymore (limited as it is). Anyone want a mule or nag? Become a follower and I give you one :)

Alex
November 2nd, 2012, 17:06
Here are some suggestions for you:

- Look for a rank level 3 master, to get xp from him. You cannot earn xp from a rank level 4 master.
- Join a party to get access to more quests and be able to complete harder quests.
- Get a follower for your squad to increase your stats.

You have only 3 quests in red and 4 quests in yellow, and you have available 21 different quests, much more if you join a party.

Remember this is just a beta demo of the game and there are still several incoming features before we will release the full game.

Thank you for playing our demo and helping to beta-testing the game.

Camille
November 2nd, 2012, 18:09
Here are some suggestions for you:

- Look for a rank level 3 master, to get xp from him. You cannot earn xp from a rank level 4 master.

I thought you wanted one of the key point about the game was people choosing their masters? Not alot of choice there. Furthermore, my Master is only one rank above and I get no xp from him. The messages say he has nothing else to teach me. I'm not so dissappointed because before I'd only get three points for his quests. 3 points. One of MY quests would get me 300 points . . . Having a Master I want despite his rank is more important than 3 points towards the 10000 I needed. And we're supposed to go out and get followers? Yet, the new people are all being told i'm too big for them.

- Join a party to get access to more quests and be able to complete harder quests.

I prefer playing solo. You level up so much faster not having to share the xp and gold between the others. But I can imagine that when the real game will be released teamwork will be important.

- Get a follower for your squad to increase your stats.

THIS is really hard. I lost my top guy because he made my rank and I dropped down about 15 power and can no longer rank up to 4. I sent 52 private messages to my FB friends and spammed the walls of two game groups I'm actively involved in . . . I have managed to keep 10 followers. half don't even play. Discouraging.

What you're trying to do by lowering the xp is good. Don't get me wrong. But psychologically, it turns people off. I think if someone wants to do the lowest quest 4000 times to get to a rank they could get in 20 times on a higher/ harder quest . .. then why not? As long as the ranking up is set farther and farther apart, they'll be naturally encouraged to do the more progressive ones. Half of game development is design and vision and the rest is psychology. Limiting our choice of Master in sooo many ways is discouraging too. Lots and lots of good potential in this game. I just think you need to reconcile it with what makes people happy and challenged. Taking away our stuff, be it xp points or super sheep followers, will not keep people playing.

Great, I just got a message. I think my top guy just quit for alot of these reasons too. I'm about ready to throw in the towel too. I play to play NOT to work.

Alex
November 2nd, 2012, 18:16
One more thing. We are changing just now the formula for the XP reduction to be less restrictive. Now, though you repeat a quest thousand times, instead tending to zero, the minimum XP earned will be a 20% of the original XP. This will also make less sharp the curve of xp degradation. It is this or to multiply by 5 the xp needed to increase levels, what would be more restrictive to level up, though maybe with this measure we will still have to increase a little the xp requirement to level up (we will see when all ambushes and skills be implemented).

It's the most we can do to preserve the game system and probably this will force us to invest more resources to make higher quests and items sooner than planed. [:c]

Hope you like these two last measures will make happy all players! :)¡

I'm sure all of you were waiting for some changes as these ;)

Camille
November 2nd, 2012, 18:26
multiply by 5 the xp needed to increase levels ;)

EXACTLY! Push people forward. Don't dragged them backward and down with "degradation" and "reduction". those are so negative.

Flame
November 4th, 2012, 17:46
@Camille

Isildur
November 5th, 2012, 11:59
I will repeat this one more time: this is a beta. The objective is the stable version. You would not complain about certain changes if you had not played the game BEFORE these changes were put in place. If since the beginning you had played with the XP degradation in place, I'm sure that 80-90% of the complaints would not be there, as it would be the "normal" game, not a "modified" one.

Please folks, do not demand from devs like if this was the stable version... yet. Still BIG features not working. Let's wait for them, and after we've played them for a while, we will be able to provide more feedback and suggestions having the REAL whole picture about the game. Many things being discussed now won't make any sense once skills and ambushes are enabled, I'm completely sure about this.

Camille
November 5th, 2012, 12:32
I have played countless FB games. I can tell you for a fact that it has nothing to do with before or after xp degradation. The concept is negative. It punishes effort. And I am very well aware that is not the stable game. But you aksed for suggestions. There have been a few people who have voiced their unhappiness with this feature and some who have quit over it. My Cavelord guy quit because of the degradation. People play games on FB to relax, to get reward (because maybe there isn't enough in real life) to win something.

You have an objective. Slow the leveling up. Encourage people to do the higher quests. There are POSITIVE ways to do that. Instead of the 3 multiplier in the leveling . . . make it 5. I'm sure the new features and skills will make all the difference for doing the higher quests but taking anything away from a player puts a very bad taste in the mouth. Better not to put it there at all.

You are not coding a game for computers to play. Human beings with all their psychology and problems and emotions wil play it. You need to consider that. And discouraging gameplay and effort, even if it is only questing, is dangerous. The more people feel happy and fulfilled in your game and want to pass time on it . . . the more they will spend and stay.

Alex
November 5th, 2012, 12:47
Camille, we have heard you the first time and taken note of your feedback.

Repeating once, and once, and once again the same complaints for several days, won't force us to take more in cosideration of what we are already taking your complaints, and you only get to cloud the experience of the other users in this forum.

It's time to move on ;)

Anyway, we really thank you very much your enthusiasm and we hope you keep your passion in our game! I augure epic stories involving you in this game! :)¡