PDA

View Full Version : I don't receive XP from my Guil Master

Beri
November 2nd, 2012, 14:56
My Master is a Rank 5 Wizard , after promoting to Rank 4 Spellcaster yesterday I am still receiving this message when he completes a quest .

02/11/2012 20:44:27 Private
Your master, Guild Master Isildur, has completed an adventure, but his rank level is too high, so you cannot earn any XP from him.

:(

Alex
November 2nd, 2012, 16:07
This is not a bug.

Isildur has the title of Wizard (rank level 5) but as he is the Guild Master, regarding to the guild hierarchy and squad slots, he is like a one rank level more, so the right followers he should get are rank level 5.

There are no more rank level 5 wizards, and this won't be a usual situation, in this case this will discourage rank 4 wizards to follow him and this make a bit less hard to other players (next rank level 5 coming in play) to contest for the Guild Master status.

Kurilia
November 3rd, 2012, 07:38
I'm a priest with a level Disciple (rank 3) and follow to a Monk (rank 4) that is the guild master. I'm in his Squad and still not get their quest Xp. Why?
My log says: "Your master, Guild Master Fran (http://www.guildmasters.com/Game/Profile.aspx?IdProfile=6), has completed an adventure, but his rank level is too high, so you cannot earn any XP from him."
I think that is a bug

Camille
November 3rd, 2012, 07:46
There are no more rank level 5 wizards, and this won't be a usual situation, in this case this will discourage rank 4 wizards to follow him and this make a bit less hard to other players (next rank level 5 coming in play) to contest for the Guild Master status.

That is the exact quote. This thread is also under "Bugs"

Camille
November 3rd, 2012, 07:50
And DON'T forget, you only get 1% xp from the Master. That is nothing. People are abandoning their Masters for a droplet of xp. A pittance. It's worthless but they seem to think it's actually moving them along.

Kurilia
November 3rd, 2012, 08:00
The only reason I have to follow someone is that he gives me XP. If not why I follow? For make him harder?
What you say makes no sense, but thanks for your interest

Alex
November 3rd, 2012, 08:03
I'm a priest with a level Disciple (rank 3) and follow to a Monk (rank 4) that is the guild master. I'm in his Squad and still not get their quest Xp. Why?
My log says: "Your master, Guild Master Fran (http://www.guildmasters.com/Game/Profile.aspx?IdProfile=6), has completed an adventure, but his rank level is too high, so you cannot earn any XP from him."
I think that is a bug

This is because a Guild Master is in the practice one rank level over, he is a rank level 5 in the practice. You should look for a rank level 4 master to get xp from him. Tomorrow we will upload a new ranking we have implemented with a list of recommended masters.

Camille
November 3rd, 2012, 08:04
Many people playing the game are friends. 5 of my followers joined me out of friendship. Yes, to make me stronger. To join someone you don't know, . . . yes, the xp is one interest. Others could be gifts. I give lots of gifts to my followers and I send gold too. Even mounts. But honestly, how much do you make on ONE quest? At least 80? Before I lost my top player because he got my rank I was making 2400 xp on ONE quest. My Master was getting me 3 xp for each of his quests. Another friend of mine was getting 25 . . . but still. Even if I was getting 25 xp, my Master would have to do almost 100 quests to give me as much XP I made in ONE quest. Dumb.

Kurilia
November 3rd, 2012, 08:07
The problem is that I have a level that any Monk (Rank 4) that I follow him, becomes Guild Master, so I can not follow anyone

Alex
November 3rd, 2012, 08:11
The problem is that I have a level that any Monk (Rank 4) that I follow him, becomes Guild Master, so I can not follow anyone

Don't worry, Fran is a developer and he has not interest in being the guild master. If he lose the status of guild master, he will thank it :)

Kurilia
November 3rd, 2012, 08:14
Don't worry, Fran is a developer and he has not interest in being the guild master. If he lose the status of guild master, he will thank it :)
I know, but this is not the question. I need to follow someone that give me XP. Otherwise I stay alone ever

Alex
November 3rd, 2012, 08:18
I know, but this is not the question. I need to follow someone that give me XP. Otherwise I stay alone ever

There are still few people in the demo. When we will launch the full game we will get much more followers and this will not be a problem ;)

Alex
November 4th, 2012, 15:53
Kurilia, you will find incoming changes interesting: Experience received from your master (http://otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?820-Experience-received-from-your-master&p=1413#post1413)