PDA

View Full Version : Healing Party Members

Alex
November 3rd, 2012, 07:33
We need a way to heal offline party members.

Priests have the skill "Heal" to heal companions on the battle. You cannot and will cannot ever pray for healing party members in the temple. We will never get it easier for offline players or bots. If you want to help your companions, send them gold to heal. We also will study about gifting potions.

Justin Sean Johnson
November 3rd, 2012, 21:22
Priests have the skill "Heal" to heal companions on the battle. You cannot and will cannot ever pray for healing party members in the temple. We will never get it easier for offline players or bots. If you want to help your companions, send them gold to heal. We also will study about gifting potions.

It's just inconvenient that as a ranged damage dealer, if I have a tank in my party, he gets beat up and I'm fine. I can't heal him, so I have to enter engagements where he won't take any damage, or minimal damage, which have minimal rewards.

I've actually started questing alone, because that works better than having a tank I can't heal. If I were a tank, though, I could just have a bunch of mages and scouts join my party for attack and I could quest all night.

It's just a little bit odd, the way parties work while someone is offline, and if you are a non-tank, it doesn't work quite right without heals (of course, the only people who will have heals are priests, who are tanks). So, do you see what I'm saying?

Alex
November 4th, 2012, 07:54
That's fine. If you want to use a tank, you should look for an active tank, not just a tank who could be longly offline or even be a bot.

If offline ranged players are a much higher advantage than offline melee players, then to find a balance, we should work against offline ranged players instead to favor offline melee players.

This is an untouchable rule for us: we will always favor online players over offline players, and we will always make the use of clones/bots as useless as we can do. If this rule unbalance the game in any sense, we must find to re-balance it in any way which doesn't break this sacred rule. ;)