PDA

View Full Version : Damage

Vacendak
November 6th, 2012, 10:45
How I can calculate the damage I do??
Is better a weapon +30 ATT or a weapon +20 ATT with Physical Damage +18??

Alex
November 6th, 2012, 12:38
When you perform a basic attack are you get a hit, damage dealt depends on your roll, and the maximum damage dealt with a non-critical hit is a variable fraction of your attack score.

What weapon is better depends on what you consider as better. With a +30ATT weapon, you will get more hits than a +20ATT weapon, and when you hit, a +30ATT get a slightly increase on the damage over the +20ATT. However, a magic +18 damage will add a fixed amount of damage and will be higher than the slighth variable damage increased added by fraction of the +10ATT difference, unless you get a critical hit, then it would depend on how higher is your critical.

What weapon gives you a better result, will depend on your own stats and the opponent's, and you should choose attending to your own experience.

Marshall Jones
November 13th, 2012, 05:24
I'm interested in this question.

I have this sword:

Platinum Shortsword of Burning
Attack +40
Magical Damage +8
Burning SL:1

Always I hit my damage is increased in +8?

And what happens with this 'Burning SL:1'? what do it do?

Alex
November 13th, 2012, 07:47
Magical Damage +8
Always I hit my damage is increased in +8?

Yes, on every hit, whatever kind of damage you did (physical or magical), you add 8 points of magical damage.

Burning SL:1
And what happens with this 'Burning SL:1'? what do it do?

If you mouseover that, you will get a full description of the magic. In this case, you get this tooltip:

Hits can set targets on fire with a chance based on item's SL and target's level (50% if both levels are matched and maximum 100%).

Burning targets will take 1 damage points for three rounds.

This means that on every hit, you get a chance to get your target burning. This state will last 3 turns, and on every turn, the target will get 1 point of fire (magical) damage. This chance will be based on the item's burning skill level: 1.

Notice that this is not skill working. It will do when we active the active skills. Also, everybody can send us their feedback when they find very low or very high bonuses for items, both on stat bonuses and magic bonuses, by replying to this thread: http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?836-How-do-you-see-equipment-bonuses and voting the poll (poll os only for the stat bonuses, not the magic ones, it should be discussed apart).

Isildur
November 13th, 2012, 11:15
Yes, on every hit, whatever kind of damage you did (physical or magical), you add 8 points of magical damage.

Really? I don't see that added in some of my hits... Or is the damage inflicted value we see in the battle log the "final" number after adding/substracting all modifiers?

Alex
November 13th, 2012, 14:12
It will be fixed in next update. At current version we have only "physical damage". In next update we will make difference between physical and magical kind of damage, and all bonuses and reductions will be working fine. Sorry for the confussion about this.

Isildur
November 13th, 2012, 14:49
Phew! I had started fearing that bloody gnome had cheated me when he said that staff would cause "outstanding magical damage" to my opponents :D