PDA

View Full Version : So you became a priest.

Dave North
November 6th, 2012, 17:03
One cannot choose to be a priest as one chooses this job or that. One can only be chosen for it and assign stat points accordingly- by him. To be a priest does not belong to the list of human rights, nor is it fun and no one can sue to obtain it at the moment. He calls those whom he desires... For those who have received this call this means: He wants me and you get killed nearly every round. There is a will of Jesus concerned with me. I must enter into this will and mature within it waiting... It is the space within which I must live. Our life will become the more fulfilled and free the more we become one with his will in which the most profound truth of our own self is contained or we'll just quit playing. (Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger) and me.. "guild master"
:)

Flame
November 6th, 2012, 17:15
Equal rights for priests! ;)

Pengylady Guin
November 6th, 2012, 21:07
Yup, gets discouraging.

Funny how few of us there are, too. Other guilds have 8 or 9 pages, priest only have 6 pages. :(

Jin
November 6th, 2012, 22:13
Well it will get better for all casters when we can use skills or OMG be able to have more than one character at a time!

Dave North
November 7th, 2012, 02:14
Yeah, the priests only have six pages or so, but only the first 2 are people that are actually playing. if you assign the stat points as instructed you die. That's the facts of the matter. Follow the instructions and all you can hope for is clearing the basement of rats mission ad-infinitum. As for getting better for casters, we are still front row and it seems like we get hit first, so low or no vitality will only assure turn 0 to use your skill..

Pengylady Guin
November 7th, 2012, 21:27
(last night was the first time I managed to kill my whole party -wizards & rogues included - nasty wolves on hard) [:c]

Yeah, figured out about vitality pretty quickly. What good the other points are right now is a puzzle to me. . . I suppose like energy will come more into play when 'ambush' starts?

Dave North
November 8th, 2012, 12:36
Energy is the points you spend to activate your special skills that you can't use right now but are supposed to be the big answer to the game. Read the definitions, none include "the power to not die in the first round!" xD

Alex
November 8th, 2012, 13:04
:D

No, there are not the big answer, but they are needed to have a global vision to make a right evaluation and them we will can make the proper adjustements to get the balance.

Flame
November 8th, 2012, 16:18
:D

No, there are not the big answer, but they are needed to have a global vision to make a right evaluation and them we will can make the proper adjustements to get the balance.

This does not address Dave's whole, "instant-die-no-xp" problem.

Orik
November 8th, 2012, 16:29
This does not address Dave's whole, "instant-die-no-xp" problem.

Of course we cannot attack any group of monster we need to pick them considering our own Stat/Party, I don't believe anyone can solo their last quest on Hard difficulty, everyone need to learn his character strengh and consider which quest to do for a maximum leveling speed, if the person believe his quest are to easy and should consider joining a Party. And on the other side if his party always die then maybe he should consider going solo to do other quest in his own range.

Dave North
November 9th, 2012, 11:41
Orik, you are commenting on something you clearly have no knowledge of. Is there anyone better than you that could answer this? Someone who actually looks at the problems people are having rather than just making s****d comments.
Here's a few facts for you... I am not an i***t and I know how the game works, I was the GM of my guild for 9 days. I am not expecting to complete every quest, I am in a Party and have ALWAYS (even when playing with many party members of the same size) died more often than not. I find your reply rude Orik.

EDIT: Moderate your language. Offensive words are not allowed in this forum.

Camille
November 9th, 2012, 11:45
I apologize in advance for repeating myself. In fact, this thread is more appropriate for the response I gave earlier. I'm only copying it here for Orik's sake and for the record. I know the devs have seen and considered it:

I took Dave up on his offer to try playing his character. It was absolutely horrific. He's the one who invited me into this game. So he's been playing longer then me (even if only by a few minutes :p) and the best quest he can do on his own is Wolves medium. NOT werewolves. The wolves on the first quest page. I tried the others and lost more gold than he was using to heal. And of course, each time he does the ones he IS able to play, the xp degrades and it's harder and harder to level up. I honestly don't know why he is still playing. I take him on all my quests because it's the only way he can get a bit more xp but it's still not easy. The success rates seem to be random. We can defeat traiterous soldiers a few times in a row and then get smashed and our gold reserves depleted on the SAME quest afterwards. When I die it's almost a 10,000 gold heal! I spent all day yesterday doing baby quests just trying to get my gold back. ALL DAY. Crystal dug me out of the hole by sending me gold.

Flame
November 9th, 2012, 12:01
Of course we cannot attack any group of monster we need to pick them considering our own Stat/Party, I don't believe anyone can solo their last quest on Hard difficulty, everyone need to learn his character strengh and consider which quest to do for a maximum leveling speed, if the person believe his quest are to easy and should consider joining a Party. And on the other side if his party always die then maybe he should consider going solo to do other quest in his own range.

I was soloing quests on hard... And not no stinkin little 100xp quests either. Just sayin.

Flame
November 9th, 2012, 12:05
It's true. Dave and Camille both started the game way earlier than I did. They were several levels ahead of me when i finally joined their party. They dragged me a long, helping me level up faster. When I party with them, Dave dies almost every quest. It is absolutely ridiculous. He has NO chance of growth because of his fail/success ratio. I can't even party with him anymore because I take too much xp from him and it's not fair. I'm trying to grow with my friends, not compete with them.

Dave North
November 9th, 2012, 15:20
Well, they have done me a stat reset and I am trying my own stat configuration, so far it's working however I couldn't actually win a fight alone as my attack is so low. I have organised my stats with the future gaming in mind, usefulness to parties etc.

Have doubled survivability so far.

Alex
November 9th, 2012, 15:35
I see you've got to give up your attack because of your other stats. With your current setup you won't be able to kill a monster big enough, but when you work along your party, your party will be stronger thanks to that sacrifice. That is the best role for a priest in my understanding, though there could be other strategies for other game styles...