PDA

View Full Version : XP sharing in parties

Dave North
November 7th, 2012, 11:33
07/11/2012 17:20:51https://www.guildmasters.com/App_Themes/GuildMasters/Images/Log/adventure.pngYour party found a treasure! Your part of the bounty is 1729 gold coins. You earned 200 XP during the fight.

That's what I got. "Level 22" ...

This is what Camille "level 28" got..

[07/11/2012 16:30:52] Camille: 07/11/2012 17:20:51 Private
Your party found a treasure! Your part of the bounty is 1729 gold coins and 1 items. You earned 491 XP during the fight.

We are in the same party, with about the same amount of visits. Why am I CONSTANTLY penalised? two and a half times more XP.. it's no wonder my friends have all overtaken me.

Flame
November 7th, 2012, 15:21
Dave and I have gamed together for years... Literally, YEARS. I have NEVER been more successful in a game than he has. It's kinda bizarre to me that I am currently #1 in the game and he is #28. Something needs to be done to make the game better for those who choose to be a priest...

Alex
November 7th, 2012, 16:18
When a party completes an adventure, XP is shared among party members weighted by their size in the party.

This would be an instance for a party and its xp sharing:

Party total size 200
- Fighter size 120 - xp sharing: 60% (120/200 x 100%)
- Scout size 60 - xp sharing: 30% (60/200 x 100%)
- Wizard size 20 - xp sharing: 10% (20/200 x 100%)

Then, a reduction based on your quest count is applied to this sharing, and the result of this will be the amount received.

Alex
November 7th, 2012, 16:23
Also I remind that this is still a demo and the game is not complete. I'd suggest waiting for the active skills come to play to judge advantages of each guild.

We won't make adjustements on guilds until then, as a global situation.ยก is needed to make the proper settings.

Flame
November 8th, 2012, 21:43
I can't even party with Dave and Camille anymore because I hog all the xp.

Camille
November 9th, 2012, 05:37
I can't even party with Dave and Camille anymore because I hog all the xp.

I took Dave up on his offer to try playing his character. It was absolutely horrific. He's the one who invited me into this game. So he's been playing longer then me (even if only by a few minutes :p) and the best quest he can do on his own is Wolves medium. NOT werewolves. The wolves on the first quest page. I tried the others and lost more gold than he was using to heal. And of course, each time he does the ones he IS able to play, the xp degrades and it's harder and harder to level up. I honestly don't know why he is still playing. I take him on all my quests because it's the only way he can get a bit more xp but it's still not easy. The success rates seem to be random. We can defeat traiterous soldiers a few times in a row and then get smashed and our gold reserves depleted on the SAME quest afterwards. When I die it's almost a 10,000 gold heal! I spent all day yesterday doing baby quests just trying to get my gold back. ALL DAY. Crystal dug me out of the hole by sending me gold.

You keep saying "just wait for ambush". Well, i'm dreading it. My partner is already is already crippled by the questing code what will he get when people come pounding us? I hope skills will be released at the same time ambush is or even SOONER.

Can you give us a timeline for the releases?

Alex
November 9th, 2012, 06:03
In fact, we could upload already ambushes. but we are waiting to enable active skills first, or even test them a bit before activating ambushes.

We would like to have them in a week. All these last adjustements have been delaying us and we don't know if there will be needed more adjustements before, so we cannot give you a timeline. This list ordered by priority (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?709-Incoming-Features) is the most we can offer, and I will try to keep it uodated (what consumes time needed for development :S)