PDA

View Full Version : Making enemies instead friendship

Orik
November 8th, 2012, 19:24
This game is making me sad i am only making enmies, would like more friendship but it's seems impossible, if you use ''demote'' which is a tool at the disposal of the GM then you are hated( I agree it was a cheap shot but still it's in the game), if you try to get more power by offering gold to people then their old/current master blackmail you. It's sad that a game attract such hate/spite and trouble.
Tell me then vacendak, how to play without making either you or flame ending up hating me WHILE doing all my posible to be the best. Impossible as simple as that, the game is made in a way the antipathy between leadings heads dominate.

Flame
November 8th, 2012, 20:27
This game is making me sad i am only making enmies, would like more friendship but it's seems impossible, if you use ''demote'' which is a tool at the disposal of the GM then you are hated( I agree it was a cheap shot but still it's in the game), if you try to get more power by offering gold to people then their old/current master blackmail you. It's sad that a game attract such hate/spite and trouble.
Tell me then vacendak, how to play without making either you or flame ending up hating me WHILE doing all my posible to be the best. Impossible as simple as that, the game is made in a way the antipathy between leadings heads dominate.

Okay, firstly, I'm not entirely sure you understand the word "blackmail" because I in no way tried to do that to you. Blackball you is another thing entirely.
Secondly, many of my followers are friends or acquaintances from other games so they're only here because of me.
Thirdly, try earning loyalty as opposed to buying it. That's what I do. Yes, I help them and I happily provide them with things they need, but I never started out offering them gold to join me. I personally am not a fan of being bought. I'm not a hooker.
Lastly, Orik, I don't hate you. You were really good to me while I was your follower. You have just made me lose respect and trust for you by the things you've done. Just because you can demote someone, doesn't mean you should and you tried to buy the loyalty of my followers. If you ever hoped to gain my trust and respect and loyalty again that is the very last thing you should have done.

Camille
November 9th, 2012, 04:27
ok, i wasn't gonna say anything anymore but I'm weak . . . what can i say?

Orik, this game is not going to be a friendly game. We will compete for Followers. We will eventually ambush each other and maybe even steal Followers. There is tons of negativity in the how they want to orient people's choices for Masters and quest degradation and many other things. The friendships you will have will be intense and wonderful and your rivalries will be just as intense and bitter. And that's part of the rush. This forum will be cut throat. If you think I am a negative influence and not being "cheerful" just wait until the others arrive. I will look like Mother Theresa! There is an etiquette in these sorts of games. Poaching is not nice but people who choose a "villain" role in their game win with this. Dungeoning is downright rotten but makes for a good fight . . . and we've found a way to dungeon already :P

Decide what sort of player you want to be and go with it. Make no apologies for it. It's all part of the game.

Alex
November 9th, 2012, 05:45
Impossible as simple as that, the game is made in a way the antipathy between leadings heads dominate.

This is real as life itself. And Camille hit the nail on the head: when you will be able to steal items or followers at ambushes, the rivers will turn into blood. Also I can tell you that Crystal's attitude toward poaching (trying to recruit other's followers) is not an isolated attitude and I know that it will be taken by the most of the players. However, relatively new players may not realize about this, and my thoughts are that everybody should be tolerant and bring positions closer by talking in a positive way, before to dig up the war hatchet. But this is social, and this is as real as life itself... and competing to be leading head will be a bloody way and will bring you the antipathy of your direct competitors.

We are sure that thanks to our bonuses from masters and showing publicly recent experience, active and good players will attract more followers –not so loyal to their current masters,– without need of poaching them. Actually, far away to be a negative feature, this is a VERY POSITIVE way and will reduce this kind of hostilities, taking the competition to play more and better, instead poaching or spamming followers.

Flame
November 9th, 2012, 09:13
Only the strong survive. ;)

Vacendak
November 9th, 2012, 09:35
I don't know the reason you (Orik) always talk about me......
The only Name write in the subnick of ALL players at the beginning of the game was..... yes, Vacendak, but not in my subnick.... in yours..... saying i am dark side....
You offered gold, mounts, diamonds..... all!!! trying to buy all my followers (including my wife!!!! lol)
I dont hate you... you are not important in my life (in the game or out) to hate you. I have good enemies. And you are not one of them :) You are only a bad player. Good leveling? yes. But you only made enemies, with reason. With the ambush you will have a lot more :)
In Spain we have some words to this: "El que siembra vientos recoge tempestades" (translate with Google xd)
Friendship and LOYALTY! two things that you need to look for. You could be the first scout but NEVER the best.

PD: Try not talk about me, man.

Jin
November 10th, 2012, 00:34
I do not regret my decision to follow Isildur at all. He's given me a number of his lower level followers, as they can better benefit from my lower level. I had a number of other players try and get me to change but so far no luck. I try and take care of my followers with gold and items as I want to, not because I need to. I think my only attempt to attract new followers has been the fact I have a mount to give away. :) Like life, this game like many others will see the good and bad from people. In the end, it's about your choices and what the Devs want to do. It is in their best interest to get people to spend real money to support the game, so competition and rivals are going to play a part in the game dynamic :) This isn't the first or last game I have played.

Isildur
November 11th, 2012, 06:17
I do not regret my decision to follow Isildur at all. He's given me a number of his lower level followers, as they can better benefit from my lower level. I had a number of other players try and get me to change but so far no luck.

Thanks for your kind words :).

As many are pointing, the game is like real life: there are different ways of succeeding, all of them legit. You may choose a win-lose way (you win, the rest lose), but personally I like how the game lets you grow while playing in a win-win way: the better your followers do, the better for you. If they grow in power, you get exactly that same amount of power yourself. If they level up, you become "bigger", and can do more difficult quests. If you gift them a good item, the bonus they get will be added to your own stats if you put them in your squad... and so on.

I'm really willing to see skills in action, as that will make this even more interesting. A badly leveled party will have hard times against a balanced one, even if its members have lower levels. Priests will become ESSENTIAL by that time, as their skills will make them really good, and will significantly increase their performance (and survival rate :D ).

Let's hope we can see all that happening this week which is about to start...