PDA

View Full Version : Change on rule: Dead players receiving XP again but not fully

Alex
November 14th, 2012, 12:01
As you know, dead players don't receive any XP (and don't increase their quests count). ? Btw, this XP lost is not shared among the party companions. If a member cannot take his or her XP share, it is lost.

We have been watching the guilds for some time and, though it provides an effective way to stop sparring bots from leveling up and to balance fighters with other guilds, there have been some unfair situations as a fighter holding all attacks and falling in the last turn, while ranged companions are too favoured, or priests not to war-oriented being "balanced".

So we are going to try a new rule in the middle: Combatants fallen in combat will take an amount of XP correspondent for the turns played in the combat. That is, if you survive, you get 100%. If were dead from the beginning, then you took no part in the battel and you get 0. But if you died at the 3rd turn in a combat which lasts 6 turns, you get a 50%. If you died in the first turn of a combat of 10 turns, you get a 10%. Quests count (and xp reduction) will be increased just in the same percent, to avoid extra penalties. So it will be exactly the same (in xp terms) completing 1 quest sirviving the whole combat that complete 2 quests falling at the half of the battle.

We are convinced this is a fairer rule and it won't give up much of the initial objectives. It will added to next update.

Orik
November 14th, 2012, 15:52
Good idea.:)

I would add that if a player start with 0% Hp the xp of that party member should not be lost?

Flame
November 14th, 2012, 21:32
If the player starts at 0% health, why should the xp of that person not be lost? Where should it go?

Alex
November 15th, 2012, 02:50
I think he means that it should go to the other party members. But we can not do this because the dead member's size is counting for the quests/ambushes size requisite. The party could get access to a much bigger quest because a dead member's size, and then the xp received must be weighted by your size in the party, no matter if your companion is dead or alive.

Flame
November 15th, 2012, 02:53
I figured it wouldn't be able to be done...

Isildur
November 15th, 2012, 05:41
I had been thinking of a similar rule, so I'm relly happy to see this changed this way ;). It's really frustrating when you're killed in the last turn; you don't even see how much damage you took, you just notice you were killed reading the message in the top bar. So now you know that every turn you survive will mean you'll be getting some XP.

Dave North
November 15th, 2012, 13:17
no update yet i guess..
15/11/2012 19:14:07https://www.guildmasters.com/App_Themes/GuildMasters/Images/Log/adventure.pngYour party found a treasure! Your part of the bounty is 1646 gold coins and 1 items (https://www.guildmasters.com/Game/Character.aspx). This were defeated during the battle, so you don’t earn any XP points.

Kurilia
November 15th, 2012, 14:57
I Like this. The priest's life is very, very hard!:)ยก

Alex
November 15th, 2012, 19:13
No, we always announce the updates both in the announcements sub-forum and at the calendar: http://www.otherwind.com/forum/calendar.php

We will update it tomorrow or past tomorrow, with the most of the active skills working :)

Sorry about llosing the last turn info. We still have to add the "rewards" screen at the end of the combat and the combats history, so it that will be fixed then, and it doesn't deserves the effort to make a temporary patch as we will make it soon.

Sophia
November 17th, 2012, 06:45
Great idea!!! I like this, I have good friends priests, and they always dead at last turn, this is a great notice!!