PDA

View Full Version : Language Mistakes - Report for typographical, ortographic or grammar errors

Alex
November 15th, 2012, 02:58
Most of the game's text has been reviewed by English writers, but sometimes, because our intensive development, some text has not been reviewed and we can make some errors with the language or just typos.

Please use this thread to let us to know every mistake you found in the game.

Thank you!

Ian Newkirk
November 28th, 2012, 23:46
It is written damage dealed instead of damage dealt.

Ian Newkirk
November 29th, 2012, 00:04
Also in the battle tab of the stats section in the profile.

Alex
November 29th, 2012, 04:23
Both corrected. Thank you!!

Ian Newkirk
November 29th, 2012, 16:57
I just noticed that the lethal achievement has the same error. I'll keep looking for any and will let you know, thanks for the quick reply's.

Troy Seerveld
December 2nd, 2012, 14:30
In the Chat windows, maybe other places?, the date December is abbreviated as DIC, where it should be DEC.

Guild Masters
December 3rd, 2012, 08:07
Thank you, Troy. Dates are being formated using the culture settings of our servers. Seems as if it is showing it at Spanish (Diciembre). We will check it to manually set the culture which must be used for the formatting.

Dave North
December 3rd, 2012, 14:13
When the game is down the message that is displayed says "inventureer" not adventurer.

Dave North
December 3rd, 2012, 14:17
on the recruit tab, third paragraph should read:
Remember, not But remember.
Well does not have 3x L's

fourth paragraph:
Paragraphs cannot start with "And" should just be "a few powerful and loyal..." etc

But remember, players can leave their masters whenever they wish, so treat your followers well! Keep Rememblayers can leave their masters whenever they wish, so treat your followers well! Keep them on by teaching them the ropes, helping out, and just being kind in general.

Alex
December 3rd, 2012, 15:04
When the game is down the message that is displayed says "inventureer" not adventurer.

I cannot find the word "inventureer" in the maintanance page or any other page. Where did you see it exactly?

on the recruit tab, third paragraph should read:
Remember, not But remember.
Well does not have 3x L's

fourth paragraph:
Paragraphs cannot start with "And" should just be "a few powerful and loyal..." etc

Read carefully, it is not welll (with 3xL's) It is well! (2xL's and 1x Exclamation point).

About starting a paragraph with "But" or "And", some English teachers and writters think in an opposite way than you:

In the past, English teachers used to preach that one should never start a sentence with conjunctions like and or but. Does this rule still apply today?
Not entirely. It is already acceptable to start sentences with such conjunctions. Some authorities, in fact, even defend that for some cases conjunctions will do a better job than more formal constructions. Here is a quotation from Ernest Gowers addressing the usage of and on the beginning of sentences:

That it is a solecism to begin a sentence with and is a faintly lingering superstition. The OED gives examples ranging from the 10th to the 19th c.; the Bible is full of them.

Notice that we tried to do it informal, not writting an academic paper, so it is right for our English writer's understanding.

Thank you for your feedback, anyway.

Dave North
December 5th, 2012, 13:04
On the promote tab, the mouseover message says..

"you will match the rank level of your master, what it's not allowed."

You mean "which is not allowed"

Alex
December 5th, 2012, 14:00
Right, thanks for reporting. It's our latest text as this, added during this beta at our last stage of development, what is highly subsceptible of having mistakes, as all text being currently added has been written hurriedly and it has not been reviewed for any of our English writers. Help from the English community is really useful here. Thank you :)ยก

xBradenH
February 5th, 2013, 09:21
The achievement for energy used should be "powerful" rather than poweful.

Alex
February 5th, 2013, 09:36
Thank you! I wonder nobody reported it before. It was a very exposed typo.

xBradenH
February 26th, 2013, 20:04
When Scouts use the Steal skill, a message like this appears: (I changed the SL to an X, that is not an issue)

xBradenH tried to Steal (SL X) Rat I: : success!
Rat I has been stolen (gold -12)

This language says I stole the rat as opposed to I stole gold from the rat. Not sure how yall want to fix it. The first line could potentially be left alone, but the second may say something like "Rat I was stolen from (gold-12)" or "Rat I lost gold (-12)"

Alex
February 27th, 2013, 14:58
You're right! Thank you I like the last option.

When we finally fiinish the combat, we need to build all possible constructions for this combat log and sent it to our writter to review it and correct this kind of grammar faults.

Meanwhile, this kind of reports are really useful!! Thank you

Rson
June 2nd, 2013, 02:04
In the profile page when I don't get any exp from my master the message says "Your master, Dame *, has completed an adventure, but it was not enough instructive to use your master?s teachings." It should be "Your master, Dame *, has completed an adventure, but it was not instructive enough to use your master?s teachings."

Alex
June 3rd, 2013, 11:53
You're right, thank you for noticying.

Zab
June 3rd, 2013, 12:56
Alex, in all the combat logs it will say stuff like: Zab is no more effected by Terror.

Everywhere that is says no more it should say, 'no longer'.

Alex
June 3rd, 2013, 18:12
Right. In the activity log should not have mistakes since it has been reviewed by our writters, but the combat log may have tons of mistakes, since we are still working on it and we don't take it to review unitl we finish this part of development, so please forgive our faults.

Thank you very much for your corrections.

fiona
March 22nd, 2016, 12:00
In the bottom box, displaying tips, it says XP will be distributed "ponderously" between members of the party; it should be "proportionately". :-) Peace.

Alex
March 23rd, 2016, 09:57
Corrected. In Spanish, ponderously have a meaning like "weightedly" which doesn't exists in English, but I just realized that it has a different meaning in English. Just changed to your suggestion. Thank you very much.