PDA

View Full Version : Update 1.01.026

Guild Masters
November 19th, 2012, 06:34
This update has been deployed on Nov 19, 2012 (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=15&day=2012-11-19&c=1):

Release Notes

Bonuses window at the Character's Screen, to summarize bonuses from equipment and skills.

Fallen combatants will now receive XP attending to the turns they held the battle.

Loosing stat bonuses from fallen squad members is finally implemented.

Combat reviewed and hit/damage formulas slightly modified. Now, hittind is easier but damage is more randomly, so damage average is lower.

Difference between physical damage and magical damage is now properly implemented.

Improvements on the avatar generation. Clipping bugs fixed.

Several improvements and bugs fixed.

New Weapons images: Warhammer, Throwing knife, Holy Symbol, War Axe, Great Sword.

New Armors images: Vest, King''s Mail, Plated Mail, Chain Mail (advenced versions).

New Gear images: Decrepit Ring, Bracelet, Half Gauntlets, Ringmail Greaves, Elven Boots.

Feel free to discuss, ask for clarification or report any mistake in the implementation.

Guild Masters
November 19th, 2012, 13:59
Done

Dave North
November 19th, 2012, 17:33
Game's broken, cannot target enemies, can only target my fellow party member, It's worse than not being here!

Guild Masters
November 19th, 2012, 18:39
Target checkbox are failing, seems as if it only fails with boss monster. Default attack will work fine anyway, and normal monster seems to be targeted properly. We are fixing the boss not being targeted and we will upload the fix asap.

Also there are people reporting failures accessing the game after the update, and this is a common cause: when people try to load a page constantly, it keep using the cached files and they don't download the new files uploaded in the update, so they won't be able to access the game until they renew the cache of their browser. When somebody use a macro which tries to access the game every time while the game is offline, this cache issue will happen, though also, people pressing F5 continuosly for all this time (this update took some hours!), may get the same issue...

Also we are going to monitor and analyze client requests, to be able to detect players who use macros. Macros are not allowed, and we will take measures. If too much people are using macros and we cannot stop the problem, we will have to think again about implement human verifications (aka captchas) to reduce the problem to a number that we will be able to manage and take measures.

Guild Masters
November 19th, 2012, 18:45
Cannot access the game after an update? Learn how to solve it:
http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?861-Cannot-access-the-game-after-an-update

Jade
November 19th, 2012, 21:12
Huge thanks for the updates, keep up the good work guys!

However, the magical damage on weapons looks as if they are not yet implemented. I tried by Horn Flatbow of Shock.
Attack +24
Magical Damage +31

I tried first with clear the basement of rats, and my hit was :

Jadeshot at Rat I: hit.
Rat Igot damage: 20 HP (I should get at least get a minimum of 31, no?)

Then I tried another mission and still no +31 magical damage :

Jadeshot at Dreadful Bat VI: hit.
Dreadful Bat VI got damage: 188 HP

On both mission, I could see my friend's bow deal +32 physical damage... I have the impression the special ability on my bow still has no effect at all...

Alex
November 20th, 2012, 05:08
Yes, we had planned today to make a mini-update to add an itemization in the combat logs to show magical and physical bonuses, damages and dam. reductions, and finally we delayed the count of the magical bonuses for not to get a desynchronization between actual damage and what the log shows. We forgot to remove that from the version notes, I'm sorry. Anyway, it will be working along today. :)

Alex
November 20th, 2012, 13:05
Magical and Physical Damage has been uploaded. Please check now.

Jade
November 20th, 2012, 22:10
thanks!