PDA

View Full Version : Changes on Leveling Up and XP requisites

Guild Masters
November 20th, 2012, 05:58
We are going to change the XP requisites to level up. The curve XP-level will be sharpened. Requisites for levels under 26 will be reduced. Leveling up will be easier for lower levels. But requisites for levels over 26 will be increased, and leveling up will be harder and harder with each level.
We want to ask your opinion about what do think it will be fairer for the whole community to carry out these changes:
?Not to make this change? is not an option ;)

1. Change players? XP to fit the current level with the new requisites.

This means that players over level 26 will receive free XP to match to be able to achieve the new higher requisites for the current level. The higher the level is, the higher the XP gift. Players about level 50 will have a gift of about 50% of the current xp!
In the other hand, lower players will have their XP decreased to match the new requisites.
We think this is highly unfair for the most of the players, as lower player will lose xp. Also very unfair for new players as current high players will have a very high XP for free, without the hard work that new players will have to make.

2. Increase/Decrease players? levels to fit the current XP with the new requisites.

XP will be kept, so the current level will change according to new requisites. Lower players may earn some levels as we had already the needed XP to earn them with the new requisites. But higher players, over level 26 will lose levels. A level 26 will remain 26, but a level 50 will become level 45.
Loosing levels will make these players to lose stat points, so they could have a stats reset to re-distribute their stat points again as desired.
We think this is the fairer option but we want to hear your feelings.

3. Keep both: current XP and current level.

Nothing would change. Lower players will also level up above, as they will fit the new requisites. Higher players won?t lose their current level, but then the xp needed to achieve the next level will be really high. For instance, a level 50 would still be level 50, but really he would have xp correspondent to a level 45, so the xp he will need to get level 51 will really be the xp needed to level up from level 45 to 51, and so these players will be several days with the xp bar at the minimum.
This is the simpler option for us, though there will be a temporary disadvantage for players compared to the higher players, as they got a higher level with the same xp you may get now.

4. Game total reset.

We may perform a total reset immediately, independently of if we finally make a new restart or not at the final of the beta testing (still not decided).
This may be a Solomon?s Justice, but could be very frustrating for many players and they may become discouraged from go on beta-testing the game.

This poll is not decisive for our final decision and it?s only a survey to know the community feelings about the best option.
Independently of what option we finally take, keep in mind that at the final of the beta testing, we may (or not) to perform a total reset, when all game be finally balance, to make things fair for everybody. If this happens don?t panic, we will give to players ALL diamonds, both purchased and gifted, for all the beta testing, so they will get a really nice new start. But this will be discussed at the proper time.
Now we have to decide about the XP leveling and we will make it in 1-2 days.

Isildur
November 20th, 2012, 06:29
My vote is for option 2. Will enjoy reaching lvl 50 again :).

Kurilia
November 20th, 2012, 08:05
I do not understand the reason for this change.
Now it is much easier to win xp in the lower levels and so go up a level. The quests are shorter and climbs much faster than at higher levels.
What is the purpose of this change?

Alex
November 20th, 2012, 08:31
The question is not why, the question is how ;)

Kurilia
November 20th, 2012, 08:36
Sorry ask indiscreet questions, but if I do not understand why, I can hardly give my opinion

Dave North
November 20th, 2012, 08:51
If you ask me, number 4, but i trust that you will do the right thing,
In my opinion seeking the general consensus of people on the forum is a bad idea as people are usually self serving a-holes who are only interested in the maintenance of their game standing. It would be better for you to decide.

Kurilla you can give an answer out of the choices. You do not have to understand why there will be a change, being informed that there will be one is enough.

Sophia
November 20th, 2012, 09:24
I like option 3, simple... as me!

Isildur
November 20th, 2012, 10:16
Sorry ask indiscreet questions, but if I do not understand why, I can hardly give my opinion

I might be wrong, but I think the main reason is that the game is going too fast. In barely a month we've leveled up to half the "expected" levels. And most probably this will go even faster when ambushes are enabled.

Anyway, I totally agree with Dave, and I think that devs will do the correct thing. Playing a beta I expect the unexpected all the time, so I'm fine whatever is decided :).

Furia
November 20th, 2012, 10:20
I like option 3 or option 2.

Lukasz Kanarek
November 20th, 2012, 10:40
Isildur and devs remember that we're (45+lvl) hardcore? players. I'm playing like 10+ hours, everyday, quest after quest. How many there is players like us? There is many more casual players, who will play 2 hours per day. How fast they will be lvl-up? 1 time per week? If so, there will be bored to death. There need to be something to do besides lvling-up, and having a max lvl should not be a game over! I beg you don't make a ****** endless "grindfest".

Mithral Ironfist
November 20th, 2012, 11:57
I think option 2 is the best idea as the level loss that higher level players would receive would be offset by the stat reset possible by regaining the level. option 4 extremely harsh especially if it needs to be repeated for other reasons later on.

Kurilia
November 20th, 2012, 12:10
Kurilla you can give an answer out of the choices. You do not have to understand why there will be a change, being informed that there will be one is enough.
Before you tell me what I have or not have to do, reads Isildur's response. He has been much kinder than you for say the same thing. And remember: curiosity is not bad, it's just curious

Sophia
November 20th, 2012, 12:44
I completely agree with Kurilia, you can say the same in other ways.

With Kurilia's questions (or any other people) I'm resolving many doubts, so I prefer people curious because I learn so well. ;)

Flame
November 20th, 2012, 12:48
Before you tell me what I have or not have to do, reads Isildur's response. He has been much kinder than you for say the same thing. And remember: curiosity is not bad, it's just curious

HAHAHAHA! Trust me, that was kind coming from Dave. He puts things bluntly. You grow to appreciate it. ;)

Kurilia
November 20th, 2012, 13:22
Well, apart from private quarrels, I think option 2 is the best, which will reflect the new method for level up. I'm sorry if is more dificult for the developers

Orik
November 20th, 2012, 15:48
I'll throw in an idea of keeping all the same xp and levels, but upon reaching level 100 we can start over our char with a bonus of +50 all stat, like *reborn* Then after being reborn Lvl cap would also increase!
Else #2 seems the best decision (i believe)

my idea A)would allow anyone to become guild master
B) would allow veteran to play with new player and help them more.
C) upon ''reborning'' people would keep their skills, --) would get their level back faster/easier
D) master could follow then their old follower which is an idea i like.
E) would make weapon more important, as a low level weapon with high dommage would keep its value and mount as well!
F) of course upon reborning all quest would reset.

Jerry Welch
November 20th, 2012, 18:13
I'll throw in an idea of keeping all the same xp and levels, but upon reaching level 100 we can start over our char with a bonus of +50 all stat, like *reborn* Then after being reborn Lvl cap would also increase!
Else #2 seems the best decision (i believe)

my idea A)would allow anyone to become guild master
B) would allow veteran to play with new player and help them more.
C) upon ''reborning'' people would keep their skills, --) would get their level back faster/easier
D) master could follow then their old follower which is an idea i like.
E) would make weapon more important, as a low level weapon with high dommage would keep its value and mount as well!
F) of course upon reborning all quest would reset.

I like this idea because it gives hardcore gamers something to do when they reach the cap

Kain
November 20th, 2012, 18:15
Nice idea... I only find a drawback: What happens with all the items with minimum level requirements?

Appart from that, it seems VERY interesting.

Alex
November 20th, 2012, 18:34
I think that people are getting confused; there won't be any cap or something like that. There is no limit at the level you can get.

Orik
November 20th, 2012, 19:20
the cap would be added in my new ''leveling way''

carlosmt
November 20th, 2012, 19:38
I like option 2, the option 3 was very bored when you did a changes of XP in the phase Alpha.

Camille
November 21st, 2012, 07:54
I'm probably getting off topic trying to respond to Orik's post so don't get too upset. In a game I play very similiar to this (Battlestations) we level up to level 150 and then have the option of taking on a second "guild" It's just as hard to level up . . . I'm finally at level 156 after almost 2 years of playing. THAT would be a good game renewer for those at the higher levels. They have a really good leveling up equation too! Anyway, once you unlock this second guild, you can level it up to unlock the skills and apply them to your main account. It's a real pleasure and achievement to get there! At any time in the game, we can buy stat resets and I have bought them several times. I still think that equal ranks should be able to Follow each other. It would really help teamwork.

I voted the second option. I don't mind losing levels. I totally agree that the leveling slope needs to be steeper. The fun is not in the leveling up but everything you do to get there. If the process is rewarding enough and there are goals, then fast leveling is unnecessary. I won't level up in Mousehunt again for maybe another 2 years. It's ok with me. The holiday events and trap building and stuff are better than just a level.

Vacendak
November 21st, 2012, 15:49
the best option is 3
If i lose any levels..... what about my weapon level 46?? i can't use it???
and the ranks?? Isildur would lose rank 7 when he will lose level 50?? it will be a complete chaos.

Alex
November 21st, 2012, 18:54
Well seems as 73% of the votes thinks in the same way that we do, so it's pretty clear what we are going to do. We will work on this tomorrow and we will make the changes in 1 or 2 days.

About equipment and ranks, as this issue will be temporary, you will not lose any, but if you demote or unequip, you won't be able to equip it or promote again until you fulfill the new requisites.

Voting is close now. Thank you very much to everybody to share your thoughts.

Guild Masters
November 22nd, 2012, 08:35
We are going to bring in these changes about 18:00 CEST (in 3,5 hours from now).

Please don't launch quests if you are going fight later than 18:00CEST.

After this update, check all is fine with your attributes and don't forget to assing them again. Around 18:00 we will publish here a list of players who will lose levels, so if you are in the list, take a look to your character screen after the update.

Regards

Alex
November 22nd, 2012, 12:20
<colgroup><col><col span="2"></colgroup><tbody>
NICK

OLD LEVEL

NEW LEVEL

Isildur

koxik

Vacendak

Orik

Marshall Jones

Flame

Cassandra

Sadel LaMano

Shadel R

Charliewan

Borbin

Sir Helm

Beri

Merenwen

Rson

SirKlasu

Berethor

Tavuk Shish

Hartwig

guild master

Sophia

Nefer

Poporovich

Eylin

xBradenH

Jin

Zab

tyyppi

Jade

Gerrai

Kurilia

Jacobyi

Princess Chiara

StormBlade

Agnus Belli

</tbody>

Alex
November 22nd, 2012, 12:20
Don't forget setting again the stats.

Alex
November 22nd, 2012, 13:04
If your squad stats don't match, just remove and add again any squad member.