PDA

View Full Version : Clock

Flame
November 23rd, 2012, 16:19
So, I'm always trying to figure out the time in the game, but not only are you guys on European time, but you're also using a 24 hour clock instead of a 12 hour clock therefore making it even more difficult for people on EST who aren't used to the 24 hour format to figure out what time it is. Is the clock setup going to be a settings feature? Could it be? Please? I'm sure I'm not the only person who struggles with this.

Exactly how far ahead of us are you guys anyway?

Mithral Ironfist
November 24th, 2012, 04:21
If you look at the bottom of the forums it displays the current time. GMT + 1

Fran
November 24th, 2012, 13:12
We planned to add an option in the "settings" menu (currently disabled) at the bottom of the screen, where users can set the time zone that they want to command all our dates and times, but we set it with a low priority.
Current time shown is CET (Central European Time), what is UTC/GMT +1. As clock is in 24h format, it would not be problematic to calculate the time at your time zone. If EST is UTC -5, just subtract 6 hours to all times you see in the game.

If people are having difficulties because this, we can bring forward a simpler alternative which won't take much time from us: showing times attending to the time zone set in the user's system (at the operating system).

Times in the forum should be shown attending to your settings in the forum: http://www.otherwind.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Flame
November 29th, 2012, 13:40
Well, I think the biggest problem is that there's no "in game clock". In another game I play, we have a clock at the top of our profile that gives us the "world time" which is basically just the game time which happens to be pacific time. That way, everyone is on the same time. I think if you guys would install a game time clock it would be helpful and beneficial to the players. I would even go so far as to say don't give us a feature for our personal time zone. We could tell our friends, "Okay, we'll meet at such and such game time" and be there. I would still recommend a 12 hour format though.

Alex
November 29th, 2012, 17:50
I take note of the game clock for the world. It's a nice idea to sync people from different time zones.

About the format, I realize that USA and UK people use 12h format (3:30PM) format in opposite to european format (15:30). Final format will just depends of % of user locations, or maybe we let players to choose it at the settings (best option). And maybe we will remove seconds from the log to make space for the extra characters.

Flame
November 30th, 2012, 11:07
I don't think we would even care if it was 12 hour or 24 hour as long as we knew what time it was in game. Set it to whatever time y'all are on. That's what they do in King of the World... They set it to the time zone of the developers. We figure it out along the way. It's cool. We don't have to figure out time zones for each player because we're all on "game time"