PDA

View Full Version : A couple of new ideas

Kain
November 25th, 2012, 10:05
After playing this BETA for a time and also after having feedback about new features that will soon be released, I would like to place a couple of suggestions for the game. I don´t know if somebody else have posted something similar before, so my apologies if this is a re-post.

1.- Offline tactics : It would be very useful to have an option where you can choose the general tactic of your character when you are offline. For example, I fight in a full group with another 5 players, and I´m a TANK. So what I suggest is having a simple option like: "Aggressive - Balanced - Defensive" to choose so the game will automatically choose my actions according to my tactic. Tanks receive the 90% of the damage in combat, so the "Defensive" option will save them of being killed (when they are not playing) while the 2nd line players can shoot at the enemies. This is how things will work when playing online. 1st line players try to hold the enemies while defend themselves while 2nd line players try to deal the maximum amount of damage to their enemies. It would be helpful to have such an option for all the players.

2.- Complex quests: Well, I know the programmers will put a reward on my head after reading this, cause it will be a lot of extra work for them, but? What if SOME of the quests or some of the quests in "HARD" difculty are COMPLEX and not linear quests?

I will explain myself with an example. Lets Take the quest "Unhallowed Ground" at dif. Hard. In the combat about 5 skeleton warriors and 5 archers fight against the party? well, lets do something diferet:

You start in the outside of the fighting place, this time is a burial ground. Then you will be prompted to choose between two paths, some clues given for each one. One of the paths will lead you to the main fight while the other will spawn a secondary battle, with less enemies and rewards. These paths can be randomly changed, and also can be given the option (or not) to push ahead if you have chosen the wrong one. Final rewards and experience will be calculated acording the path you´ve chosen and the killed enemies.

Of course this will need the interaction of at least one member of the party, but it will be also great for SOLO players, as quests will be quite more interesting.

I don´t know if I´ve explained myself properly, but I think you can get the general idea of what I say.

I´m really enjoying the game so far, so these are JUST SUGGESTIONS for the developers. I´m only trying to help and bring some new ideas. Hope you will appreciate them.;)

Alex
November 25th, 2012, 13:59
1.- Offline tactics

Yes we know it would be really useful. I loved setting action profiles in RPG games as Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Knights, Knights of the Old Republic or Dragon's Age ;).

Sirklasu also suggested this and I'm sure everybody have miss this anytime:

well now we need active AI to change defaul action from attack to defence or other skill. so our fighters/clerics/tank could get something off from their quest while they are away from action.
We already have been thinking time ago about that, certainly it would be really useful feature, but it also would benefit greatly to bots and we want to favor online players over offline players. We have not reject this feature either, just delayed our decision about implement it or not.

As we replied then, this feature would benefit offline players and what is worse, bots and clones. So as we has not rejected this feautre yet, surely we will make it available only for premium players, what doesn't break one of our guidelines: active players must not pay as they can choose their actions, and players with less time to play may mitigate their "lack of activeness" with diamonds.

I will add this to our Incoming Features (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?709-Incoming-Features) list, so people can track it at our development.

2.- Complex quests

We agree with the benefit of more complex and funny quests. Our plan is, once we have a complete and balanced game with the current base quests, we will work on continuous add ons for the game, bringing things as set and unique items, quest items and more quests. As we plan to increase the amount of quests, we think about placing new quests among the existent ones, and link these new quests through a storyline, using quest items; by completing a quest, you receive an item which will be required to complete the next quest in the storyline. When the times come, we alse have your suggestions in consideration. Actually, we have plans to work for several months! Despite the remoteness of this, we also will include in the Incoming Features (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?709-Incoming-Features) list, as we am sure many players will ask for them ;)

Thank you very much, Kain, for your help and your suggestions :)¡

Kain
November 25th, 2012, 14:19
Thaks to you for the game and also for let us drop our thinkings about it here.