PDA

View Full Version : Update 1.01.029

Alex
November 29th, 2012, 06:29
This update has been deployed on Nov 29, 2012 (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=17&day=2012-11-29):

Release Notes

NEW FEATURE: Transfer Follower!.

New info tooltips for items in inventory.

Healing price at temple lowered.

Confirmation question purchasing the custom item at the blacksmith.

Adjustments on quest loot.

Several bugs fixed, such as the gorillas'' quest or wrong client refreshes for gold and diamond.

New Weapons images: Javelin, Mace.

Feel free to discuss, ask for clarification or report any mistake in the implementation.

Camille
November 29th, 2012, 08:16
Healing price at temple lowered. Thank you.

Now, if you hadn't lowered the amount of gold we loot this would actually be interesting. So, as another player so aptly observed . . . nothing has really changed here.

On another note, have you looked at the price of diamonds? There is a sword in my blacksmith right now that has a gold price on it ON TOP OF a 50 dollar (REAL LIFE MONEY) diamond price tag. Even at giving us 10 diamonds a day . . . we'd level out of that sword in the hundred days we'd have to save for it. And only the crazies are going to pay 50 REAL dollars for a virtual sword.

Borbin
November 29th, 2012, 08:25
among other things blacksmith has been already nerfed since last patches, or at least from my point of view. i agree with camille i think it a bit too much that greedy guy keeps offering worthwhile items just for diamonds, while if you check the real cost in gold using the custom system you could even afford it, like yesterday finally got an offering for a helmet, nice upgrade i thought, well cost in diamonds like 1k when the real cost was like 400k in gold although that option wasnt on...

could you check that please guys, otherwise gold gonna be the loosy coin just to be keep on the stash just to get an achievement

regards

PD: sorry my grammar i know it s...s hope u get the meaning

Camille
November 29th, 2012, 08:48
Correct me if I'm wrong . . . but you don't have a gold OR diamonds option. The thing actually has a gold AND diamonds price on it. So if your 400k wasn't lit up, it means you don't have 400k gold.

Borbin
November 29th, 2012, 09:33
nope, simply there is no option for gold lit up, only diamonds, and at that time i do really got 400k on me

Dave North
November 29th, 2012, 09:36
Ha this is like someone is doing things wrong on purpose.

Camille
November 29th, 2012, 09:46
omg! you have 400k?? I did the happy dance when I got 100k the other day. But it didn't last for long.

Alex
November 29th, 2012, 10:18
These price where set more than a year ago and we needed the beta-testing to adjust them.
As I said in my previous post, all prices will be upon revision before the full game release!

It's has been said several times in these forums. It's this or deactivate item sales at blacksmith until the prices revision before the game launch.

The tax for gifts may be paid with gold OR diamonds. We will place some tooltips on the buttons to clarify it. Of course people have not to pay these taxes if they ask politely their followers to leave and follow the new master, so active followers may be transferred for free ;)

Furia
November 29th, 2012, 10:40
Lowering the cost of healing was a good thing in my opinion, but you also seem to have diminished the amount of gold that you get in an adventure, so basically it is a net zero change?

Borbin
November 29th, 2012, 10:48
no offense alex but thats not what i meant, my point is, since a couple of patches ago, the blacksmith, and im not talking about the prices, just offers, to put it simple, crap and more crappy stuff. when i started to play this game, the offers were proportional to our lvl, it was funny to see the ideal weapon there but u couldnt afford it cos you were missing like 200k, now all i see its a constant supply of plain low lvl stuff.

no offense again but cos were are testing i just wanna know

thnks in advance

gl, hf and take care out there

btw: camille i just got my 1st M yesterday ^^

Alex
November 29th, 2012, 11:08
Don't worry, yes I know what you meant, I was not replying to you in my previous post.

Offers shown were also limited until we will reduce inflation and review item prices, and they are not the final items that will be shown at the final version. EVERYTHING is in changing continuously while we are beta-testing.

btw: there were some people getting several M every day ^^

Borbin
November 29th, 2012, 11:15
kk thanks for the fast reply .P

try to post a practical example but php ignores formats T_T

Camille
November 29th, 2012, 11:29
several M everyday? how is this possible? Are we playing the same game? If that is the case then yes, I can understand why you cut the gold but from someone playing one account and everyday for hours and hours, I have only gotten past 100k briefly one time.
1. Either I really suck at this game or
2. The cheating is out of control.
3. Or the balance in the guilds is totally out of whack.
4. or maybe Alex would prefer to explain it

because as a Fighter, I don't get it.

Don't worry, yes I know what you meant, I was not replying to you in my previous post.

Considering it's only David and me talking here, it must be me you're responding to. I have never ever read a post about the Blacksmith. I have better things to do with my life than read ALL the posts on the forum. Your reprimand (if indeed i was the target) was unwarranted. But thanks for the kind reminder. Noted.

Alex
November 29th, 2012, 11:47
several M everyday? how is this possible? Are we playing the same game? If that is the case then yes, I can understand why you cut the gold but from someone playing one account and everyday for hours and hours, I have only gotten past 100k briefly one time.
1. Either I really suck at this game or
2. The cheating is out of control.
3. Or the balance in the guilds is totally out of whack.
4. or maybe Alex would prefer to explain it

because as a Fighter, I don't get it.

I'm sorry if I didn't expresses myself porperly. I wanted to mean earned daily, not the final balance. From all those gold, healing costs and gold for followers, items, etc should be substracted.

If you are curious, your rank in gold earned daily you take position 24 with 0,5 millions daily. There are some top fighters and priests with around 1 million gold saved, maybe you could ask them for advice.

There is no cheating beyond a few cloners (for followers) and bots completing quests, which we are studying the way of proceding for bans and, if these lasts grow, we would think again about selective captchas in a way (this will be discussed at the proper time).

Dave North
November 29th, 2012, 11:51
Who are these priests with a million? I simply don't believe it. "bearing in mind of course that I am one of the top priests.." Must be gold farming.

Alex
November 29th, 2012, 11:55
Who are these priests with a million? I simply don't believe it. "bearing in mind of course that I am one of the top priests.." Must be gold farming.

You are a faithless priest :D

I can only tell you the public info. All other info is private. Watch the personal tab in stats:

http://apps.facebook.com/guildmasters/Game/Profile.aspx?IdProfile=789
http://apps.facebook.com/guildmasters/Game/Profile.aspx?IdProfile=236

Camille
November 29th, 2012, 12:59
The only reason I'm over 100k now is because Flame sent me 97k. Otherwise, I've not earned that on my own. I'm a regular player who wins more than she loses. Dave and I are doing the quests that get us the most gold and xp. I do not earn 500k a day. When i'm lucky I get 5k from one quest that is 50 minutes round trip. There are not enough hours in the day for me to do that 100 times. MAYBE I have earned 500k total over the last 41 days. I do feel as if I'm just barely keeping my head above water with gold. It's not something I feel I can use to make my game better. I just use it to stay in the game.

So, basically, in one way, the changes don't affect the honest players. The healing has been cut in two and the gold earnings also. But, buying power has had a severe blow. Maybe you should eliminate the Blacksmith. It just reminds us how much gold we don't have.

How 'bout no gifting gold? or make it painful?

Borbin
November 29th, 2012, 13:08
I can only tell you the public info. All other info is private. Watch the personal tab in stats:

http://apps.facebook.com/guildmasters/Game/Profile.aspx?IdProfile=789
http://apps.facebook.com/guildmasters/Game/Profile.aspx?IdProfile=236

tsk this moderator is a busybody ;P

regards,

PD: you forgot to mention the bribes... er the salary of our followers ;P

Flame
November 29th, 2012, 13:15
I had 500k which I've been working to save for about a week now. I try to save so that I can help those who need it without completely emptying my gold coffers. I want to help whoever needs it right when they need it. You guys are making it significantly more difficult. And no, don't take away gold gifting or make it painful. How else am I supposed to help?

Troy Seerveld
November 29th, 2012, 13:30
In other news, thanks for the stat popup in the equipment, that was rather a nice addition.

Flame
November 29th, 2012, 13:50
Yes, I like that too.

Orik
November 29th, 2012, 14:44
when I was level 30 i did around 350k in a single day, when you play solo you get more item and can sell them for an extra profit.

Camille
November 29th, 2012, 14:58
Ok, I know the scouts have loads of gold. It's a sore spot. Can we hear from some fighters and their huge Vitality load? I don't know how those priests could earn that gold. I'm going to assume they were gifted it.

Borbin
November 29th, 2012, 15:02
no camille no, it just i did take care planning really well which items could be benefit more, apart from soloing.

btw nice nerf to the loot, ppl complaining about not gaining enough and...

Alex
November 29th, 2012, 17:21
Loots have not been decreased; gold value has been doubled. All prices has been reduced to the half (healings and original follower transfer costs), so the only effect is having a lower "number" for the gold. It was necessary because the inflation in the game. Despite all complaints about lack of gold, there are tons of gold in the world, people was getting literally millions and items system was been distorting.

As result of double gold value and keep fixed diamonds and items value, these are the only effects:

- Purchasing gold with diamonds, you will get DOUBLE of the old gold value.
- Items value have been doubled in the practice (both for sell and purchase). Next step to this will be decrease diamond value for items (at the proper time).

Also Scouts and Wizards will get more damage in our plans. There will be more ranged monsters and lots of active skills also affect everybody. It will help to the balance.