PDA

View Full Version : Flanking/Outnumber Bonus

Guild Masters
December 2nd, 2012, 07:21
[EDIT]: This is out-dated time ago. There is no outnumber bonus yet. Now, when several players attack the same target, the target's defense is divided among all attackers, weighted by attackers' ATT scores.

More details at the wiki discussion page about fights: http://www.otherwind.com/wiki/guildmasters/index.php/Talk:Fights

When multiple attackers attack the same target, there is a bonus by flanking, as they outnumber the target. This bonus increases the ATT score of all attackers, so both, the hit chance and the damage dealt), are increased by this bonus.

This bonus causes these effects in the game:

Give advantage to parties vs. sole players.

If a party fights a boss whose size match the whole party’s size, this bonus balance chances of the party to defeat the boss. In the other hand, sole players will be outnumbered by groups of lower monsters and could be easily defeated. The same will be applied for ambushes and fights among players.

Give advantage to active players vs. monsters / inactive players / bots.

Active players can coordinate their attacks and concentrate their attacks over hard enemies. Monsters, bots and inactive players choose their targets randomly, so unless they outnumber their opponents, they will only concentrate their attacks over a same target very few times.

The current amount of this bonus is 50% per extra attacker; if two attackers attack a same target, each attacker get +50% ATT bonus, 3 attackers get +100%, 4 attackers, +150%...

This is a very realistic bonus and with desirable effects, so we are not going to remove it, but we are studying if this bonus is too high and we should reduce it. We are thinking in a range between a minimum of 25% and a maximum of the current 50% (per extra attacker).

Lowering this bonus will make quests with boss harder, and quests with very lower monsters, easier.

We would like to hear about the experience of the players with this bonus and what do they think about it. Thank you for your help!

Lukasz Kanarek
December 2nd, 2012, 09:07
Lowering this bonus will make quests with boss harder, and quests with very lower monsters, easier.

YES Please! Imo 30% would be ok. I also think that you should lower chance for critical hit. It's really frustrating loosing quests because of random crits.

Kain
December 2nd, 2012, 09:51
It is fine with the 50%, but I think a 40%-35% will be more fun for game experience. As I play in a party and sometimes also do solo runs, it wont affect my strategy too much.

Alfgut
December 2nd, 2012, 19:04
It is nice to let groups of small players to have a chance against bigger lone players. It looks to be a huge bonus but it is nice :)

Borbin
December 2nd, 2012, 22:59
it works on both sides alf, if u face like 8 goblins with a party of just 2 , they will get the bonus not u ;P

Isildur
December 3rd, 2012, 05:21
I think it's ok as it's now. Yes, it makes terribly hard (even impossible) certain quests when you're soloing, but it enhaces the tactical side of the game, and makes it more enjoyable imho. You did quite well at designing quests, and there are some that are very suitable for soloing, others that require at least a companion, and some that can't be faced without a balanced team if you want a decent success rate. So it makes the game more difficult to control, and hence more interesting ;)