PDA

View Full Version : More on Punishments

Zab
December 6th, 2012, 15:01
My family and I really enjoy this game. It makes us laugh when we play it and we cannot wait until ambushes are introduced. We want to beat you all up! LOL We think this game is a lot of fun.

I don't read wikis a lot, I bounce onto it for reminders ... skim it for when can I promote again?... That kind of stuff. Today I read a page and I thought ... what?

During ambushes people will be able to steal your equipment?
Your back pack stuff will be safe.

Somehow, I thought the opposite. Everything in your backpack is up for grabs, but not what you are wearing. This sucks, but I can see why you would have the rules... if you kill someone in battle, you have the right to their stuff....but.....It's too punishing to steal the player's garb.

Some people think it is silly to spend money on a game and even sillier to spend it on a beta game. But I don't. I think it is okay to shoot a few dollars to the developers once in awhile. I mean, I pay 30 dollars for a board game, 60 dollars for my son's X-Box games... you know? One of my favourite things about the game is watching my damage dealt number go up. So.... lately, I have been eyeing up a nice weapon from that evil blacksmith. It looks lovely. To me, it's worth the money... the money. Wait .. what? Someone could steal the weapon I paid for...I get to keep that board game I buy, that video game is now on my son's shelf....

Who wants to spend money only to potentially lose the item on the next quest?
That first punishes us, and next punishes you, the developers, because who wants to buy sh!t they keep losing?

I have thought of a solution to this. I think it would be better if people could steal from your back pack.
First, you should open up the back pack limit to a much larger number and then perhaps when leveling up,the space allowed gets even bigger again. Personally, my back pack is a lovely place, as I wait for followers to level up and not to mention all the different stuff I collect for myself, and all that wonderful stuff that quests drop me and I don't notice them for days... :) The more room, the more lovely things we could collect! More pretty rings...just because... :)
You make the back pack even more desirable by putting different 'punishments' in place. The ability to only gift so much and sell so much a day.

I am not going to be that weapon now because I know there are people in this game who can kill me... like the freaking master of my guild! Like my boss lady in the game! I don't spending my money here and there, but I want to get 'something' for it.

Alex
December 6th, 2012, 15:50
Yes I understand and share your thoughts about losing equipment. And don't worry about don't reading the wiki, it's pretty incomplete yet (looking for volunteers to fill it, btw ;) ).

We have planned some changes on the equipment, backpacks, etc but they are long-term (you will have a traveling backpack and a chest in town, you can draw equip/unequip from the backpack...). However the basic idea is the same. Equipment which you use on the adventures is which can be stolen. We have to reason for this:
- The first, is just a matter of coherence: what you are carrying is what you can be stolen.
- You can choose what you put at risk. You can use your super-weapon and may lose it or save it safe at your chest. And this items will be more desirable for the ambushers that the junk you may carry on your backpack.

Of course, this take us to the point you suggested. What if I lose the weapon I bought yesterday?? Well, this is something that worried us and we found some solutions:
- You never lose the property of the item. Well, it is not at your backpack, but your item get te condition of stolen item, and it¡s bound to its legit owner forever.
- If you win a battle against the one who currently own your item, you will instantly recover your item, no matter if the item is in the backpack or in the equipment of the thieft.
- The thieft, or anyone who recevie the item after him (your item could be gifted or sold in the black market) may offer you a ransom for your item.
Soon or late, you will recover your item, or you may just resign the item if you are no more interested on it (and the item would lose the stolen item condition).

Finally, if these measures are not engouh and people really fear to buy items for not to lose them, we will make that items PAID WITH DIAMONDS can not be stolen from the people who bought them (still not taken this measure). Maybe we will make a poll about this when the ambushes were running.

Zab
December 6th, 2012, 17:24
- If you win a battle against the one who currently own your item, you will instantly recover your item, no matter if the item is in the backpack or in the equipment of the thieft.

If you couldn't beat them when they stole it, chances are low you will get it back unless you buy an even better item.... and that comes across as a money grab to me.

- The thieft, or anyone who recevie the item after him (your item could be gifted or sold in the black market) may offer you a ransom for your item.
Soon or late, you will recover your item, or you may just resign the item if you are no more interested on it (and the item would lose the stolen item condition).

Not sooner or later, if it is placed in someone's chest and left there. Not sooner or later, if the person quits the game and never goes on another quest again.

Finally, if these measures are not engouh and people really fear to buy items for not to lose them, we will make that items PAID WITH DIAMONDS can not be stolen from the people who bought them (still not taken this measure). Maybe we will make a poll about this when the ambushes were running.

Not a good idea. It will stagnant the game because who wants to attack people if you know they own stuff that you cannot take and the stuff they have on makes it easier for them to take from you instead... why bother?

I will not purchase a weapon, if it will be taken from me. I firmly think that is a waste of money. Maybe others will and very good for you, if they do :) However, I won't and nor I don't have 'junk' in my back pack and if you dropped more decent equipment for the levels coming up for a player, so would everyone.

Zab
December 6th, 2012, 18:03
Why does my editing suck so horrible on any forum I have ever been on.... you should have fixed that for me, Alex lol

Alex
December 7th, 2012, 04:19
I fixed your quote marks ;)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Don't worry, items will be recoverable (most of the times), wait and you will see. There will be more rules about inactive stolen items (not to be used at adventures) letting you taking back items left on the town for some time. And after we added the new inventory, items in the traveling backpack will also be possible to steal (and equipped on the way), but never items in the chest/vault in town.

Zab
December 7th, 2012, 15:25
Thanks, Alex. I will watch for your new developments and hold off on my decision of never buying a weapon lol
Thanks for editing my reply :)

Kain
December 9th, 2012, 07:35
Well I´ve read above, and seems to be a "hot tread". After considering Zab and Alex posts, I would like to give an intermediate solution:

This will work ONLY with items bought with diamonds: If one of this items is stolen from his owner, he can always get an option to recover it paying a fee in gold. This fee can be reduced with time. For example, an item that costed 1000 diamonds, will have an initial recover fee of 1M gold (1000 diamonds x 1000 golde each diamond). After every 5 days, this fee will be reduced by a half, so in day 6, the fee will be 500K gold, day 11, 250K gold... and so on.

This will ALWAYS give a chance of recovering the item, and even more, this diamond-bought items will NOT be gifted or transferred to other characters.

What do you think about this? : Zab?, Alex?

Orik
December 9th, 2012, 10:46
Well I´ve read above, and seems to be a "hot tread". After considering Zab and Alex posts, I would like to give an intermediate solution:

This will work ONLY with items bought with diamonds: If one of this items is stolen from his owner, he can always get an option to recover it paying a fee in gold. This fee can be reduced with time. For example, an item that costed 1000 diamonds, will have an initial recover fee of 1M gold (1000 diamonds x 1000 golde each diamond). After every 5 days, this fee will be reduced by a half, so in day 6, the fee will be 500K gold, day 11, 250K gold... and so on.

This will ALWAYS give a chance of recovering the item, and even more, this diamond-bought items will NOT be gifted or transferred to other characters.

What do you think about this? : Zab?, Alex?
Love the idea of a reduced fee versus time :)

Alex
December 9th, 2012, 13:02
I will discuss every suggestion with the development team. Thank you everybody for contributing with your ideas.

Troy Seerveld
December 9th, 2012, 21:29
Another suggestion would be to leave the item in the owners pack, but make it inaccessible to them until they recover it. I believe a period of 24 hours would be great for the winner to use it. The reduce amount to retrieve might be okay, but it's like your paying twice for the same item.

Zab
December 10th, 2012, 02:07
I like this idea too, Kain. But I think it should be extended to every player.

I still don't like the idea of being able to steal what a character is wearing, but... I guess I will have to get strong enough so no one can do it :)

Alex, I think stealing other player's experience points would be cooler. It would slow down some of the rapid growth I was reading in another thread somewhere, sometime ago.

Kain
December 10th, 2012, 09:37
Alex, I think stealing other player's experience points would be cooler. It would slow down some of the rapid growth I was reading in another thread somewhere, sometime ago.

Well, this is an odd idea but... maybe it can make sense. I can´t find a clear relation between your idea and the games I know, neither with wich can be considered "real", but I really find it interesting.

Concerning items, the idea I dropped was just for diamond items, not the ones payed in gold. I really think that it is more fair to know that there´s a basic recovery fee, than to let in in the hands of the Thieve, because maybe he is not willing to give back the item ans can ask for a unaffordable amount of money. Again, it´s just a suggestion, I was thinking on it because I read your posts and I really think that you´re right in what you have written: No one is going to spend money to let someone steal it... It´s simple... It´s true.

carlosmt
March 25th, 2013, 06:27
If you couldn't beat them when they stole it, chances are low you will get it back unless you buy an even better item.... and that comes across as a money grab to me.
Not sooner or later, if it is placed in someone's chest and left there. Not sooner or later, if the person quits the game and never goes on another quest again.

Not a good idea. It will stagnant the game because who wants to attack people if you know they own stuff that you cannot take and the stuff they have on makes it easier for them to take from you instead... why bother?

The players don't know what items are bought by diamonds, and after ambush they will not discover it either because the thefts are of random items.
I think is a good idea "that items PAID WITH DIAMONDS can not be stolen"... The articles bought with diamonds could take a magic mark of property which only the owner could erase.