PDA

View Full Version : Cloning under the Fighter Guildmaster

Camille
December 18th, 2012, 09:25
The cloning under the Fighter Guildmaster is obscene.

http://apps.facebook.com/guildmasters/Game/Profile.aspx?IdProfile=1165

http://apps.facebook.com/guildmasters/Game/Profile.aspx?IdProfile=1163

http://apps.facebook.com/guildmasters/Game/Profile.aspx?IdProfile=1183

And there are so many more! All joined facebook around November 7 and 8. All the same. This cheating is disgusting. None of can compete with this level of cheating.

What will you do about it?

I will go through them one by one and get them banned by facebook if I have to.

Guild Masters
December 18th, 2012, 12:25
Hello Camille,

We have stuck this thread in response to your report, and to any further report about cloning: http://otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?923-Cloning-and-Multi-Accounting

We hope you find in that thread satisfactory answers to your report. We agreed you: cheating is really disgusting.

Zab
December 18th, 2012, 22:09
The making of clones, however, shows there is some flaws in this game. It is not always easy to get people to join a game and play with you. I feel there needs to be ways to create power that does not depend solely on other people. Once, Camille brought up the idea of 'fake' followers you could nurture. If a person's ambition is high, then there would be no need to create clones. They could create the power that enables them to play the game they would like to. Do you have any idea how boring it is going to get for a lot of power 2 players in this game, all because they do not have any friends who wish to play with them? You kind of have to have some sort of army to show your measure of success to get followers that you do not know...

Camille
December 19th, 2012, 08:12
Well said, Zab. These people who are adding fake accounts not only want to get ahead . . . but they are enjoying your game and playing it intensively (even if it is leveling up on bots). It would be nice to see the playing field leveled so all of us can have 'clones' without breaking TOS.

Zab
December 19th, 2012, 22:00
I am not too keen on someone using scripts or whatever to have their clones level up, but if someone wants to put in the work of creating a large amount of power...well, that's a lot of work! It's kind of impressive. Like Camille says, these people truly enjoy the game or they would not be here at all.
This is a role playing game, right? Well, what if you want to have more than one role? What if you would like the ability to try to send in 'spies' in the hopes of gaining information that wins the war?
I get that most clones would not be paying customers, but they can make a game more interesting. Giving players the option to create some of their power should cut down on massive cloning, especially if one had to play the 'clone' account like their own. Perhaps an option on promoting (or for paying players...or whatever) could be the ability to create another character, either power for oneself and guild or the ability to create a player from another guild. It enables people who cannot find people to play under them at least the ability to play with themselves, so in turn they can play against other players.

Troy Seerveld
December 20th, 2012, 17:20
You have to remember this is an open beta, and they need to test out everything, cheating, cloning, etc. With a bigger pool of followers, etc, even being clones, they can test the playability better. But then I'm not fighting for the coveted Guild Master spot. Just wait till they do introduce Mercenaries or Sanctioned Clones to the game. At 1000 diamonds a pop, and the new leader will have paid $500 for 10 Clones, and then you'll be upset that that happened :) Be careful what you wish for :)

Camille
December 22nd, 2012, 09:34
You have to remember this is an open beta, and they need to test out everything, cheating, cloning, etc. With a bigger pool of followers, etc, even being clones, they can test the playability better. But then I'm not fighting for the coveted Guild Master spot. Just wait till they do introduce Mercenaries or Sanctioned Clones to the game. At 1000 diamonds a pop, and the new leader will have paid $500 for 10 Clones, and then you'll be upset that that happened :) Be careful what you wish for :)

1000 diamonds a pop!? Count me out. Much easier to make a clone. The sanctioned "clones" should be more attractive and easier to take care of than another account. And if someone sinks THAT much money into the game then they probably deserve to be on top. But it would be a shame that money buys the top spots and not skill. I agree about the open beta notion and having to test. And I'm not saying that the clones are unnecessary. Unfortunately, the game is unplayable for a lot of people without them. Let's hope the devs consider this.