PDA

View Full Version : Update 1.01.030

Guild Masters
December 25th, 2012, 08:11
This update has been deployed on Monday, February 4th (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=19&day=2013-2-4&c=1):

Release Notes

Activated Active Skills for players and items.

Most of skills has been modified for balance: passive skill bonuses has been decreased, and active skills had their bonuses increased or energy costs decreased.

New: Look for a new screen on the Town menu: the Town Hall. You will find a new option to Change of Guild. You'll be able to try a new profession, as well as reset your distribution for stat points and skills. We will add several new features on this screen in the near future.

Squads have been resized. We were not able to balance the game keeping the former squad sizing, so we had to resize it. Now squad members add to the squad only a 10% of their stats and size, instead the former 100%. However, Followers' power is still being added straight (100%) to the master's power.

Changed: Price in diamonds for items are now slightly dependant on the item level. There is a great lowering of prices on them.

The blacksmith is no more offering low level items. More changes on the blacksmith: now items in offers have a 10% discount over the price in diamonds, compared to the custom items.

Cost for clear quests has changed. Now instead an increasing price, it is a fixed amount for every quest of 50 diamonds. A free, global clear will be done with this update.

Equipment: Damage reduction magic has been limited only for armors and shields. Removed items will be fully refunded (gold or diamonds).

Equipment: Basic bonuses for weapons and armors of the Guild of Wizards has been slightly modified.

Potion effects has been extended to the whole adventure, and not only for one fight.

Loot for quests has been modified to get items with levels more suitable for the player.

Tutorial extended. There are two more steps to force new players to choose a master before they complete the tutorial.

Daily gift of diamonds has been lowered to 5 diamonds. These gifts will be removed at the final of the beta testing. Beta-testers will be rewarded for their help at the start of the game!

New Item images: Throwing Axe, Charged Wand, Thorax, Druidic Robes, Rod, Scale Boots Leather, Heavy Gauntlets, Brigand's Gloves, Magic Slippers, Spiked Round Shield, Plate Gauntlets, Fineboots, Smoothed Slippers, Large Round Shield, Ringmail Bracers.

There are lots of code enhances, as well as bugs fixed. Most relevant bugs fixed are listed at the List of know bugs (http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showthread.php?707-List-of-know-bugs).

Isildur
December 26th, 2012, 05:14
Some of these changes will affect me directly, but as I've always said, this is a beta: be ready to constant changes or you'll dissappear :). I think this update will change gameplay, so I'm very excited to test again how far I can get under these new conditions...

Guild Masters
February 1st, 2013, 18:26
We finally have a date for the update: next Monday 4th. The update is huge so we will take down the servers for a few hours to upload the new code and make a few testings. We will keep you informed on these forums about the state of the updating. After the first rise of the servers, the service could be going to maintenance for some minutes from time in time to fix details which players find bugs that we miss in our tests. The update will be fully working throughout the Monday and after them we hope work along the community to tune and setup the skills for balance.

Thank you all testers for your patience and your help testing the game. :)ยก

Isildur
February 3rd, 2013, 10:36
Awesome news! Can't wait to cast my first fireball...

Ast Kiranann Kair Soth-aran,
Suh Kali Jalaran!

Guild Masters
February 4th, 2013, 22:50
Finally we have brought the active skills!! It was a huge task but we got it. The healing skills had to be deactivated for a couple of days.

Now we will use this week to fix bugs on the skills, tuning them and polish but the hard part is already made, with daily updates. Now it's time to work together. To provide useful help, try to be detailed at the report and organized at the forum. Please don't report a bug already reported. Next week we will work on some the ambushes which is almost complete. Regarding to the other features, if we need to tune them, we will use polls if there is enough collaboration, but we will focus first in the points said before.