PDA

View Full Version : A Few Concerns About the Update

Zab
December 26th, 2012, 00:29
This concerns the recent update notes released today. I have copied and pasted the items I am concerned about and will post my concern under each of them :)

Zab
December 26th, 2012, 10:47
Really....where is my post lol Good thing I saved it because I know I am forum-******!

Release Notes

Squads have been resized. We were not able to balance the game keeping the former squad sizing, so we had to resize it. Now squad members add to the squad only a 10% of their stats ans size, instead the former 100%. However, Followers' power is still being added straight (100%) to the master's power.

I do not have an issue with the resizing, truly if I received no bonuses except for the people's power numbers, I would be happy. But I do wonder this. Will I still be able to beat the quests I am able to currently face (taking in mind that a few will be harder because of skills), or will I have to drop down to lower levels of quests significantly? If I must drop to much lower quests, will I find them automatically reset?

To go one step further about squads in general, I think the idea of having a army of real people for power under you is a bad idea. I think you should remove it completely and devise new ideas on how a person gains power and leave the socializing more to things like world chat, guild chat and the parties. Their is already too much pettiness and anger present about who is sitting under who already. Increase the number of players who can join a party instead. (I think to 12-15).

Cost for clear quests has changed. Now instead an increasing price, it is a fixed amount for every quest blah, blah, blah

This is the biggest concern I have over the success of your game. The cost to reset quests. It confuses me why you are charging any special currency (and/or real world money) to play the very basic part of your game. I can understand having to pay to enhance the very basic of the game(the scrolls and potions you offer), but I do not understand why you would make people pay to play the point of the game. You want to encourage people to quest... for experience points, for eventual war against other players, but if we have to pay to do the very basic of the game.... you're gonna kill it off pretty fast. The increase in xp to reach new levels should be punishment enough :)

Daily gift of diamonds has been lowered to 5 diamonds. These gifts will be removed at the final of the beta testing. Beta-testers will be rewarded for their help at the start of the game!

Whatever. I do not care how many diamonds you give me. But you should give me some. I am one of those players: Watching the numbers rise for me is fun. Watching the number rise for diamonds is especially fun because there a pretty things like rings and spiders that I can buy with them. When damage dealt is turned back on, those numbers will make me pissy because I certainly won't 'look' so tough anymore. :) Anyway, as I watch my diamonds rise, I get a little impatient and then I get to thinking things like this: If I put in ten bucks in, I don't have to wait another month and a half to own that item. Ten bucks. That's not so bad. I like this game! It's fun! Most of the people are too! And those devs.. they spend a lot of time creating this game... ten bucks. Everyone deserves a ten dollar present here and there......
Personally, I am only loyal to sometimes purchasing diamonds because I enjoyed watching the number of them number rise every day. Truly, if the number just always sat at 0, I would have ignored it and just played within the very basics of your game. I would have never paid. While a gift need not always be reciprocated, one is more inclined to give one, when they know they are getting some themselves... just sayin'

Kain
December 26th, 2012, 17:11
Well, i found Zab´s post quite interesting. It´s a HOT update, and we will have to do an effort to stay cool with all those changes.

My main concern as a "Tank" is the drastic reduction of "-ALL Damage" items from 5 to 2. I will hate it. BUT I understand it is done because of some facts that the devs have already analized. So, no complains here.

Concerning quest reset... I think it will be really a problem if you are palying solo. If you are in a balanced party, que available quests will be enough to forget about the XP cap, but if you want to enable SOLO play as a real gaming option, Quest Reset will be a big, big truble for solo players.

And concerning diamonds, I totally AGREE with Zab. I think the same, diamonds should be something "common" in the real game. 1 per day?, 2?, 5 per week? I don´t really know, but they must be present in the daily routine of the game if you want them to be important for the people.

Furia
December 27th, 2012, 16:54
Activated Active Skills for players, items and monsters.

This should make some of the quests more interesting as the critters use their powers :-)

Most of skills has been modified for balance: passive skill bonuses has been decreased, and active skills had their bonuses increased or energy costs decreased.

Waiting to see what types of changes were made here.

New: Look for a new screen on the Town menu: the Town Hall. You will find a new option to Change of Guild. You'll be able to try a new profession, as well as reset your distribution for stat points and skills. We will add several new features on this screen in the near future.

Seems like an excellent option.

Squads have been resized. We were not able to balance the game keeping the former squad sizing, so we had to resize it. Now squad members add to the squad only a 10% of their stats ans size, instead the former 100%. However, Followers' power is still being added straight (100%) to the master's power.

With the decrease in size, you won't be able to get to some of the quests that you can currently get to. This may cause you to have to do the same quests much more, which leads to the reduction in exp from them. Will there be something like an increase on how many times you can do them before the exp is reduced?

Changed: Price in diamonds for items are now slightly dependant on the item level. There is a great lowering of prices on them.

Might be moot if diamonds are only gotten with real currency.

The blacksmith is no more offering low level items. More changes on the blacksmith: now items in offers have a 10% discount over the price in diamonds, compared to the custom items.

Seems like an excellent change.

Cost for clear quests has changed. Now instead an increasing price, it is a fixed amount for every quest of 50 diamonds.

Have never reset one...and hope to never have to.

Equipment: Damage reduction magic has been limited only for armors and shields. Removed items will be fully refunded (gold or diamonds).

This is going to hurt. Armor, including helms and arm wear and leggings are by their very nature designed to provide defense and in my opinion, damage reduction. This is hugely important for fighters and priests in the front line as they already spend a lot on healing. Reducing the damage reduction will make them spend even more. I am not certain this is a good thing...guess time will tell.

Equipment: Basic bonuses for weapons and armors of the Guild of Wizards has been slightly modified.

Ok, will be interesting to see what those changes involve.

Potion effects has been extended to the whole adventure, and not only for one fight.

Makes sense to me.

Loot for quests has been modified to get items with levels more suitable for the player.

Great change.

Daily gift of diamonds has been lowered to 5 diamonds. These gifts will be removed at the final of the beta testing. Beta-testers will be rewarded for their help at the start of the game!

Diamonds are very hard to come by and mounts can only be purchased with them.

Alex
December 27th, 2012, 20:08
With the decrease in size, you won't be able to get to some of the quests that you can currently get to. This may cause you to have to do the same quests much more, which leads to the reduction in exp from them. Will there be something like an increase on how many times you can do them before the exp is reduced?

You understood it well. There are currently some quests that I have barely played and my party even got new quests... now you will have to repeat more times the available quests to level up. Level up will be harder, but to soften this effect, instead lowering again xp needed to level up, we are planning to decrease distances and timing for quests what will enhance gameplay (and to break linearity XP-Distance to give more XP/sec for longer quests), so you will earn XP faster. However, this will make repeats faster, getting yellow shields faster. So yes, we will make changes on how many times you can do quests before it become yellow. Furthermore, as players will have to re-make former quests, we will make with this update a free, global clear for everybody and every quest.

The amount of XP reduced on repeats will be constantly tuned along the beta, and our final goal is that players be able to level up and unblock new quests without clear ANY quest. So your hopes are our goal:

Have never reset one...and hope to never have to.

This option for clear quests is just an option to make things easier and let you clear your favoured quests, but won't be needed to play the basics: complete quests and to earn levels.

Orik
December 28th, 2012, 06:46
The Global clear will give a big boost to every player, I believe people to level twice as fast for the first week.

Zab
December 28th, 2012, 09:28
Yay for global clears!!! Thanks, Alex and the rest of the dev team :)

Furia
December 28th, 2012, 11:50
Thanks for the clarification Alex :)

carlosmt
January 1st, 2013, 17:17
we are planning to decrease distances and timing for quests what will enhance gameplay
This is a good idea.

I like the changes... I'm desiring to use my skills