PDA

View Full Version : Damage Dealt

Zab
January 5th, 2013, 01:39
I have a new weapon and am really interested in what it can do, so as I run my quests tonight, I am hyper-aware of my stats, in particular my damage dealt numbers. Currently, I am playing solo.
After first quest, I notice my damage dealt number only went up by about a thousand, and I thought, that cannot be right, so I began writing the information down.
I wrote down the numbers that my actual attack gave me, plus the the number that I get with my extra damage bonus after every attack. When I added up the numbers, they did not even cover the actual attack number.

Example : The last quest I ran, (keeping in mind, I do not know the final attack's numbers, so this is just the adding for the attacks I do know about), my actual attack score was totaled at 3900. With the extra damage my weapon provides, my numbers were 5636 damage dealt.

I received a total of 791 damage dealt added to my stats.

Guild Masters
January 5th, 2013, 06:36
Damage dealt is based in your attack score –as well as outnumbered bonus and critical hits,– but the attack score is not direcly and fully added to the damage dealt. I think you have been mixing attack score with damage.

Considering your full squad and currently equipped weapon, your dealt damage seems to be right.

Guild Masters
January 5th, 2013, 06:52
Also, notice that dealt damage cannot exceed the VIT of the opponent. Though you can see the full power of your blow at the combat log, only the real sustained health from the opponent is added to your Damage Dealt statistic.

Isildur
January 5th, 2013, 08:04
Aha! And I guess that the same applies to VIT absortion weapons, once they're enabled, right?

Alex
January 5th, 2013, 08:25
Aha! And I guess that the same applies to VIT absortion weapons, once they're enabled, right?

Of course :)

Also, VIT and ENE absortion is cap by the item level. That was missed in the current online version but already fixed the magic description for the next upgrade.

Isildur
January 5th, 2013, 09:50
Cool, thanks for clarifying ;)

Zab
January 5th, 2013, 10:08
I thought it must be something like that, but just wanted to be sure. Maybe though, you should change the wording of 'got damage' because it does lead one to believe this is the actual damage dealt....

Guild Masters
January 8th, 2013, 05:31
Thank you for your support and feedback. We will think about the wording for the "got damage" line to avoid further misunderstandings about the damage dealt by the player.

We are concerned specially about the language, texts, descriptions and generally, how it's the info received by the player, and we are really interested in suggestions about how we can enhance this. The log for the combat is the part which will be enhanced the most in this sense, specially now with the combat skills, and we'd love to receive feedback about showing efficiently the information for the combat.