PDA

View Full Version : a few things (priests)

Lady LaLa
February 5th, 2013, 11:48
i logged in today to try my new skill set. i was pretty happy with the blessing. it gave good boost to my teammates. but would like to make the boost even bigger for them but i used alot of energy to use that skill. and to be honest, to make myself an effective teammate that stays alive i cant really put more of my points into energy at every level up.
was thinking maybe for each guild you could up the bonuses provided for primary and secondary skills given by squad. maybe like 20% instead of 10% for our primary skill, 15 % for our secondary, something like that would be helpful, especially for 'weaker' guilds.

also, now that we have to do lower quests i do not think i will ever make any gold. we just did curse of the werewolf and i received just over 400 gold and my heal cost (and not even from dead) was over 1000. how can we play if we cannot heal? im not sure if my mass healing can heal me but even then with my energy so slow i can do with my team 4 quests a day before i no longer can play if that works. maybe we should discuss lowering healing costs for the front line players?

Markham
February 5th, 2013, 15:25
I agree with Lala about gold expenses at the temple. My "revenue" is going down as we speak. By doing lower quest, I receive less gold. When I'm back at the temple, it cost me more than what I just gained from the quest. Worst, I cant heal myself during quest. I was expecting to spare some gold by healing myself but even that won't be possible even when skills are ok.

Zab
February 5th, 2013, 16:12
I think maybe lowering the cost of healing for the front line is a good idea because I do not think you are going to find a happy medium otherwise. Currently, now that the party can complete several quests an hour, I find I am making a little money and keeping my skill generation at a good pace. But if priests cannot even afford to heal, that means no skill generation, nor any savings for better equipment.

Zab
February 8th, 2013, 11:34
More about the guild of priests as I study the dynamics of having one in my party. Maybe you do not want to drop healing right down to 1 gold per vit for priests (and fighters), as I made mention in another thread. But you could bring back dam red equipment in full for just priests (maybe you will need to lower the minus reductions a little.)

Also, things like priest aura are pretty small. -1 damage for the whole party when monsters are giving us hits 400+ isnt doing anything. Maybe you should change this to a 1-6 roll OR maybe, I see skills that double, then triple as you reach certain levels of skill upgrade....

Jade
February 9th, 2013, 15:36
I think priests should have faster natural healing (and working while travelling too) and have the ability to use their skill to heal while in town, giving them the choice of spending money or energy.

Camille
February 11th, 2013, 05:37
I need over 20 hours for my energy to fill. If I really want to make a skill count, I can easily blow through ALL my energy in 1 or 2 quests. Otherwise, I can piddle it away by slapping the monsters on the wrists with smaller uses but what a waste.

I'm not the only one who feels you are tayloring the game to combat a few high level people in unfairly balanced guilds (scouts) and/or on bots (the obvious names witheld). I think your're tinkering with the wrong equations. I'm playing far less now. I can't be glued to my computer to do these low level fast quests for so few points. I will not create a bot either. But for those who want to get ahead and play your game intensely, you don't leave them a lot of choice. The clones and bots are a major problem. Instead of developing the game to combat the results of their playing (fast leveling, insane gold farming etc) . . . code them into the game so we can all have the same fun LEGALLY. Anyway, it's not the clones and bots at the top of the game that are bothered. It is the smaller players.

Zab
February 11th, 2013, 13:07
There is a lot of people playing under the Guild of Scouts. Probably the Guild of Fighters has the same or more looking over Sadel and Helm's kingdoms and the Wizards probably are not so far behind either. But I think this unfair balance you speak of may have more to do with the description of guilds we received at the beginning of the game. It made the scouts sound like they would be very good players in the game. Now that I am one, I think not. I have spent real money because I believe I would need it to be able to combat against other guilds without getting killed fast. All the same, the descriptions at the beginning of the game (like calling mages weak and emphasizing the inadequacies of priests) may have something to do with what you perceive.. which makes little difference now that the squads are down to 10% anyway and one is mostly relying on their true levels.

I do not think they are tailoring the game to 'combat' scouts or other high level players either. Or if they are, they are going about it the wrong way. I think they have given all higher level players a very unfair advantage in the game. Especially in a party like mine, where we can run close to 24 hours a day because of where we all live. We are leveling much faster than before. I do not know who is using bots, but they must suck because I would love to see more parties closer to us.

Camille, our priest can heal us pretty good throughout the day, although we all do check in many times a day to give her skills a break. Healing is a pretty cheap skill that can fix a lot fast. However, I agree 100% about being glued to the computer screen. While faster quests can pretty much ensure you can log in and throw a quest (fast enough to give everyone turns to play if you're in a party), the fact remains...we had fast quests AND long quests before the update. Personally, I would like to see that again (with the xp figured out to make it worthwhile to do BOTH again).

***** Also, could you guys look at how quick we get logged out of the forum. It is annoying to write a post and then be told to log back in all the time :P

Zab
February 11th, 2013, 14:12
Also, I just realized I was speaking with a fighter, not a priest. Sorry for the confusion.