PDA

View Full Version : Further Thoughts on the New Update

Zab
February 6th, 2013, 19:30
SKILLS

I am fairly happy with the skills I have used so far and from what I have heard, so are many others. But I have not had enough energy to try them all out. It would be nice when using a skill though, if it actually landed. Wasting 1/3 of our energy allotment to not have something land (even if it is a crappy hit) is discouraging and that seems to happen about 1 out of 4 times based ONLY on what I have witnessed or heard. The amount of energy it takes to use a skill is also discouraging. Most people can only use their skill set 3-5 times a day (without diamond payment). I used up my energy yesterday evening and am still not back up to normal. I understand you need people to pay for something, so while I find waiting and the little I can actually use my skills annoying, I get it...but I still strongly encourage you to lower the amount of energy needed to use a skill so people can use a few more of them a day without pay.

QUESTING

Is beginning to look a lot like work and not fun. It is becoming tedious and tiring. My party can still make the same amount of xp in an hour that we could before the update. But someone has to be there constantly running quests to get it. Most people playing were happy with their growth the way quests were and with the amount of xp they were receiving before the update. To check in once every half hour or hour to run a quest seems more ideal to me. Again, I understand that to some degree, some of the updates were made to slow down growth, but I think you are going about it the wrong way when you have to make the players play even more to gain any forwardness in the game. I think a better way to slow down the game would be to CHANGE the levels at which we promote. I would do something like this:

Rank 1-4: would stay the same. Promotion at levels 5, 10, 17.
Rank 5: promotion at level 30
Rank 6: promotion at level 50
Rank 7: promotion at level 75
Rank 8: promotion at level 100
Rank 9: promotion at level 150
Rank 1O: promotion at level 200

And then, please come up with new titles so that someone can promote every 100 levels reached after that mark.

QUESTING & LONE PLAY

Please, devs: Do NOT respond to this by saying '...if people joined a party'. Not everyone wants to be in a party. You have many players who prefer to play alone. Now...

Come on guys. This is unplayable for a lot of people now and has probably been unplayable and downright boring for players with low power levels for a long time. Not only are players who have followers now once again doing quests for 1/4 of the xp they used to get, I have looked around and seen players in the 30 levels doing quests like The Lone Highway Man again. Lets be honest here. You can do a quest alone on hard what...10-15 times before the shield turns yellow when you are playing alone? You need what? 50K in xp to get to your next level in the 30s on average? Lone Highway Man is 1200 xp the first time and quickly the xp is lowered. So 15 times, you have made 15k xp and still have 35k in xp to go. That is wearing out shields on 4-5 quests providing they give you 1000 xp per quest to up one level! And to get to level 35 as a new player under these conditions would be IMPOSSIBLE. All of your shields would likely turn red before you even reached level 15! And again, I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE you NOT to make people pay to play the very basic of the game which is to throw a quest. You are now charging 50 diamonds to reset a quest. And will not offer any diamonds as a daily reward when you launch the game. People do not want to play a game where you make them pay for the very thing that the game is about. Have you often received payment so far to reset a quest? 2.50 in real dollars may not seem like a lot to reset a quest, but if you choose to be a lone player, that is going to equal tons of dollars. People want to pay for items like potions, new gear, mounts (Mounts which you have made virtually unnecessary now that you have quickened quests). Please do not charge us to do quests. Instead put: this quest will give between 600-1200 xp, your xp gets lowered the more times you do it down to the minimum number. OR create a new quest for each level. I do not know why it isn't like this already. When you reach a new level, you are supposed to be more experienced and a 'better' player, so why a new quest isn't sitting there waiting for you seems strange to me.

FRONT LINE PLAYERS

Were screwed before, but now much, much, more so. Gold gains from questing do not cover their costs to heal. As a back line player, my need to heal is seldom, but priests and fighters typically heal after every quest. Now they can't. Which means less play for them, which also means annoyance, which also means eventual quitting. NO ONE wants to play a game where they cannot get ahead. If a front line player cannot generate their skill points and occasionally buy equipment, they become useless players. When they cannot afford to heal, they will not level up at the same rate as their party members. Something MUST be done. I will suggest lowering cost to heal at the temple for front line players to 1 gold coin per vitality point, instead of the 5 we are all currently paying now.

Ok, that's my two cents for now. If anyone would like to add anything to this thread, I would like to hear what you have to say :) I'm sure I will add more as we try out this new way of play :)

Zab
February 7th, 2013, 13:44
Alex, just wanting to let you know, if any of the updates were made to slow down growth, it did not work. I leveled up about two hours after the update was made, and again today a few hours ago. By my calculations, that is 12-18 hours faster than before update.

Alex
February 7th, 2013, 14:26
Thank you very much for this huge feedback.

No, the changes on the squads sizes were not to made slow down progress. In fact, we made other changes which would compensate the slow down, so the final result is a similar progress as we had before. Anyway when monsters will use their skills, quests will be harder and progress will slow down a bit. Also maybe will lenghthen (only a bit) the quests as they became too fast, but this is not sure by now.

Arion
February 7th, 2013, 14:55
Im a level 36 character in the guild of fighters. I typically sit in a party and run 5-6 quests a day. after the update i decided to do some lone play on my own. my levels are now very low compared to the party i wish to sit in and i also have people under me who want to promote. i want to make a run to level 37.

Findings:

from level 35 to level 36 I yellowed quests: young love hard, missing fruit hard, the lone hiway man hard, mysterious statue on medium, caves of culverton medium and two quests after leveling up Missing fruit hard. I have 13 sets of quests. My total levels are 44. there are not enough quests for a lone player to do at my levels.
i just wont go back and do the rats. for two hours play i would get less then 1000xp before yellow. i have 55 thousand to get to next level.

also after paying for skill generation my total gold made in the game to get from level 35 to 36 was 3000. if i was just throwing 5-6 quests a day as a lone player, it would take me over 20 days to make that 3000 then.

i will let you know if any of these quests turn red as i go to l37

my idea: give us back our squad levels at 100% and retool the monsters. please. thankyou. please. i know. lots of work. but please. thank you :)

Lukasz Kanarek
February 7th, 2013, 18:10
Skills&Energy

I'm quite disapointed with the skills. They're feal weak, and cost too mutch energy (for example Fiery Bolt, on lvl 35 it's doing less dmg then scout's normal auto attack). We're playing almost 4 months, all the time collecting Skill Points, so if we put like 35+ lvls to some skills they should feel powerful. Also I don't know if it's a bug, but bonus dmg from weapons, not working with wizards skills.
Energy should recovering all the time, not only when we're in the town, because now i use my skills for like 1 hour, and i'm out of energy, some skills can failure, if we use like 300 energy for nothing it's not fun. Wizards/priests should use skills all the time, now we can't, and I don't think we should pay diamonds for this!

Quests/Exp

We can lvl-up at the same speed like before, but i don't think that getting 2k xp from the quests on lvls 70+ is cool, I think it's boring, we need to do like 200 quests to lvl up. Everyone from my party would like to have slower quests but with bigger xp reward.

Items
It's the worst, most unbalanced thing in the game! From quests we're getting items for lvls 20-30, complitly useless for us. Blacksmith also don't have any good items, most of them are without any magic bonuses, and cost too mutch gold now. I see some very nice items that i could buy for diamonds, and i don't understand why items like that can't be achievable from quests or in blacksmith for gold. If you want to force players to buy items for diamonds, you are crazy(I will never pay real money for something i can easily lose in ambushes). Items are one of the most important thing in rpg games, work hard to balance this plz!

Thats all, for now ;)

Arion
February 8th, 2013, 09:20
just thinking: i would have to spend like 10-12 dollars per level just to do quests since im yellowing them all and they need to be reset again. at l36. so then...20-25 dollars just to get passed l66? leveling shouldnt be dependant on money.
we will yellow in party too because there are not enuff quests we can do. making your game as such-i dont think it will work on facebook. im not sure it will work anywhere. i want to buy weapons and shields. not spend 100 a month just to level a few times. wont play this as a beta tester or player with game launch if not changed honestly.

also when i was in my new party that i joined 2 days before update i couldnt write on wall. wen i rejoin i will let you know if i can again but i saw it on another post and just to let you know it was happening before update. and it looks like my old party was having same problem with player who replaced me by talking with them.

Arion
February 8th, 2013, 09:26
oh ya. and the loot. are we suppose to only get one piece per quest now? in parties too? that wont help player's bottomlines. specially when the loot is not directed towards me as you said it would be. im getting stuff for my level 10 follower. nothing better. 150 gold piece items are not helping to pay my heal costs.

which also yeah... why are you posting on my wall for other players to see my vit losses? that should be a secret!!!!!!!!!!

Alex
February 8th, 2013, 09:53
leveling shouldnt be dependant on money

I totally agreed. Don't worry, if it is happening just know is not intended and it will be fixed before the game launch. That's the main reason of this open beta-testing ;)

Furthermore, after las changes such as squads reduction and other changes on the quests, we will study if the actual reasons for the experience reduciton repeating quests –reasons that we announced before on these forums,– have lost the original reason to exist, and maybe it will be removed.

Thank you for the tip about the party, I will review it later.

Zab
February 8th, 2013, 11:30
I am excited to hear that the yellow and red shields may be disappearing, Alex. I really, really think it is the best idea. It will leave people who are willing to pay money towards a game get the things they really want in this game. Better equipment. Especially those 2000 dollar pieces I have been seeing on my Blacksmith ;)